'This Railjack belongs to another Tenno'

TheMostFrench

I was doing some missions with a public group - we had just entered a new node, but everyone left after it had loaded and there was a host migration. My AI crew filled the empty spots and I continued playing alone. After I finished that mission I went to navigation to choose a different node, but got a popup message 'This Railjack belongs to another Tenno. Please return it to the Dry Dock.'

Had I been flying some else's Railjack the entire time? I hadn't paid enough attention to notice different stats, I just flew it to the objectives and let the crew do the shooting. It's clear that the Railjack hosting system is fairly complex, obviously it would be a bit weird if there was a migration mid-mission and the new host had a completely different set of turrets or something.

I thought about a few things:

- Maybe we want to keep the current Railjack. They left the mission, they don't need it that badly.

- Failing that, can we go straight to the next mission and just assume we went via the Dry Dock? Have a full loading screen switching us to our own Railjack instead of a loading/transition portal if needed. This would save having to actually visit the Dry Dock, which requires two loading transitions. The Dry Dock is usually when people bail from the group, because they assume you're finished playing.

- Can we loan our Railjack to other people? Maybe they want to see what a particular set of parts are like before building them.

• Like 2

yes I agree, I was helping a friend out the other day doing all his RJ starchart and once we got to saturn my game decided it doesn't like it and kept crashing every 2nd mission we did there, leaving him on my ship every time forced to abort.
Would be cool if it at least lets him finish the mission, maybe during the host migration screen swap out railjacks or heck let him use mine.

6 hours ago, TheMostFrench said:

I thought about a few things:

- Maybe we want to keep the current Railjack. They left the mission, they don't need it that badly.

- Failing that, can we go straight to the next mission and just assume we went via the Dry Dock? Have a full loading screen switching us to our own Railjack instead of a loading/transition portal if needed. This would save having to actually visit the Dry Dock, which requires two loading transitions. The Dry Dock is usually when people bail from the group, because they assume you're finished playing.

- Can we loan our Railjack to other people? Maybe they want to see what a particular set of parts are like before building them.

From how I understand the system to work, it's not the Railjack that's the issue, but the Dojo. Railjack combat is hosted inside the Dojo instance, with rooms unloaded and "space" loaded in their place. If you're in someone else's Railjack, you're in their Dojo. There are systems in place to prevent players from being in Dojos they don't belong in, I suspect for technical reasons. While Warframe is locally-hosted, your "sessions" are still managed by DE servers. Any time you're in a dojo, that's a session which needs to be tracked. This is fine for people who belong in the Dojo, but the game will eject you if you're the only one keeping a session active in a Dojo you're not a member of.

Obviously, Railjack can't just boot you out of a mission in progress when the host leaves. That's what host migration is for. However, the game will still force you to leave the Dojo if the owner of that instance leaves. I don't think there's a good way around that. You MIGHT be able to loan your Railjack to other people, but I strongly suspect that would have to be limited to other Clan members.

Railjack is kind of a funky system. It's very flexible, but it also relies very heavily on an underlying "instancing" system that REALLY doesn't work well if the host leaves.