Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Finale

Llyssa

So far, this has been a somewhat purposely 1-sided event. With only one day to go, I'm kind of waiting for some sort of massive twist.

It's going to be REALLY disappointing if there isn't one.

Also, a few things that have been questioned, that I'd like to know, too:

Why aren't we organizing rescue missions on Sedna to reclaim our guys, instead of wasting time fighting the corpus/grineer war for them?

Do we still get to see zanuka if the grineer win?

Why is the supposedly ultra-rich team the one with the poorer rewards?

Is there actually enough time for a counter-offensive at this point?

Why has the supposed millions(or more) being enslaved been downplayed/ignored by all the input?

Umm... big disappointment when corpus dont win the war by a deus ex machina? Why? Because you want it? the grineer supporters have fought for their victory and deserve it so.

Learn to live with your decisions please.

Zanuka will be completed with or without a win by corpus, maybe just delayed?

About your rescue mission argument: Youre right, but DE cant make 100000 possiblities, I would rather have killed both factions, but hey, a fake choice is still a choice right?

Edited by Genoscythe

Umm... big disappointment when corpus dont win the war by a deus ex machina? Why? Because you want it? the grineer supporters have fought for their victory and deserve it so.

Learn to live with your decisions please.

Zanuka will be completed with or without a win by corpus, maybe just delayed?

About your rescue mission argument: Youre right, but DE cant make 100000 possiblities, I would rather have killed both factions, but hey, a fake choice is still a choice right?

The grineer are currently winning by deus ex machina. They were given a massive lead off, stronger units, and rules designed to force people to stay on a side once picked. It's a total joke to pretend that it's "hard fought" in the least, and rather boring if the plot is "We gave the grineer a HUGE lead in, kept giving them the better rewards, and then they won."

As the game exists at this very moment, the grineer were given the war from the get go, and the only thing keeping it from seeming totally one-sided is a bunch of ostriches saying "But it we earned it!", which isn't anywhere near true, but is, according to studies, quite regular--people given an unfair starting advantage often believe being given a win was something they "deserved", no matter how little actual effort they put in.

The thing is, the event is rather pointless if it was decided on day one, zero hour, that the grineer would win, no matter what. If that's the whole goal, why even bother giving us the option of fighting for the corpus? It's bad game design if they don't at least attempt a semblance of balance. There has been nothing even remotely resembling that so far.

You can keep pretending it was "hard" for the grineer to win, and I'm sure that it makes you happy to pretend that, but I've actually been fighting on both sides, and honestly, I'm not sure what's more pathetic--the level of imbalance between the sides, or the number of people who actually believe this imbalance justifies them.

The grineer are currently winning by deus ex machina. They were given a massive lead off, stronger units, and rules designed to force people to stay on a side once picked. It's a total joke to pretend that it's "hard fought" in the least, and rather boring if the plot is "We gave the grineer a HUGE lead in, kept giving them the better rewards, and then they won."

As the game exists at this very moment, the grineer were given the war from the get go, and the only thing keeping it from seeming totally one-sided is a bunch of ostriches saying "But it we earned it!", which isn't anywhere near true, but is, according to studies, quite regular--people given an unfair starting advantage often believe being given a win was something they "deserved", no matter how little actual effort they put in.

The thing is, the event is rather pointless if it was decided on day one, zero hour, that the grineer would win, no matter what. If that's the whole goal, why even bother giving us the option of fighting for the corpus? It's bad game design if they don't at least attempt a semblance of balance. There has been nothing even remotely resembling that so far.

You can keep pretending it was "hard" for the grineer to win, and I'm sure that it makes you happy to pretend that, but I've actually been fighting on both sides, and honestly, I'm not sure what's more pathetic--the level of imbalance between the sides, or the number of people who actually believe this imbalance justifies them.

Stronger units? What does this have to do with winning for them? its decided by the players playing for grineer, and their missions accomplished.

Also, corpus flux rifle units kick everyones &#!.

Grineer and corpus had same tier rewards always, sometimes even only credits for grineer while corpus got orokin catalysts...

This is pretty much democracy, the disadavantaging of the minority, like an election, its just like that and you cant change it.

Deal with it and stop whining.

The Corpus are not armored because they're all techies with guns, all ordered to stall the invading Grineer while Alad gets on his bike-morphed robodog relocating his project onto another planet.

Plot twist just right before the last man standing gets shot down, Zanuka goes live in everyone's faces while drinking crushed milk.

Another plot twist, Zanuka kicks Grineer off their bases 'are belonged to' the Corpus, back to everyday Tenno exercise and firearms training routine. 

These questions and more... they are a secret to everybody. *gives you 30 rupees*

As for people questioning the imbalance between the factions on early missions.

Compare a general setup as seen in the mid-section between Corpus and Grineer Ship/Installation:

8 MOA, 4 Prova Crewmembers, 6 Elite Crew Members with Flux Rifle (range limit: 25m) and maybe a Corpus Tech with 1-5 Osprey(s).

VS

3-6 Grineer Napalm, 2-6 Grineer Eviscerator, 2-4 Grineer Heavy Gunner, 3-6 Grineer Elite, 1-3 Scorpions, 1-3 Rollers, even some scorcher here and there.

Corpus' only strong points are the Flux Rifles which can eventually kill the PLAYERS rather quickly. They do not, however, pose that much of a threat against the Grineer troops if they cannot get in range.

Grineer troops have heavy armor PLUS shields (which, IMO, should be removed and made exclusive for the Corpus troops, massive shields, little health), and most of their troops can stunlock/rape the Corpus if they get into range (Napalm causes fire panic mode, Eviscerator stumbles and 2-3 shots any Corpus, Scorpions pull Corpus units in and stun them in the process, Rollers stumble, Scorcher kills before you notice he's there).

Meanwhile, the Corpus Shockwave MOA, if it actually spawns, will get usually killed before it stomps even once unless the Grineer are occupied otherwise. Railgun MOA walk super-close and into plain sight before attacking, getting maybe 2-3 shots off before they are killed.

As it stands, the Corpus should have brought hyenas (AKA Alad V's pet animal, which is, as I see it, the replacement for what we currently know as "THE HYENA"), which would have probably tipped the scales a bit more. Overall, the Corpus need more troop variety, less MOA and less Prova crewmembers when fighting an enemy hardly affected by the stun prod.

I hope they'll get more robotic units in the future.

Edited by ScorpDK