Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Saryn] What I Think About Molt

DeadScream

Hi everyone. 

I was just thinking about Molt, compared to Loki's decoy. 

As we all know, Molt is weak and doesn't make a viable diversion on the battlefield. 
What about changing it's effect ? 

I mean, what if it was the way for Saryn to get rid of an enemy effect, like poison/fire/scorpion grab/missile lock-on ?  

It's just because she lets down a dead skin, so why not letting down effects that were stuck to this skin ?  

What do you think about it ?

I think molt should be used like a decoy-mine, having low hp and triggering the "venom" effect on enemies with an explosion.

If they want to just improve it, they will probably have to give it a timer, just like they should with lokis decoy.

About your suggestion: there are currently no DoTs or anything similar in the game, and just making a missile dodger would be a waste of energy imo.

IF there migth be dots or other negative effects it might become useful.

Edited by Genoscythe

I'm talking about giving it all of these effects, even if it would cost more energy. When Hyena/Jackal/Phorid are shooting at you, one single shot can knock you out even if you have a good armor.  
I know there are ways to dodge them but at least this would give another way to do it. 

When a missile is aiming at me, it would be logical if it kept the skin it aimed first as the target ^^

I wouldn't waste a mod slot for a skill like that considering that if you play carefully you don't get affected by those debuffs/dots that much. There's very few enemies that cause such effects and as far as I can tell Corpus has none of such.

I remain unconvienced, Molt needs to last much longer or have a different mechanic to make it a primary choice when modding Saryn.

Huh, Corpus have this little offsprey shooting a leech at your face, sucking up your shields for a loooong time ^-^ 

Of course it's a minor effect compared to infested disruptors but it's okay. 

My point is still to ADD effects to Molt, not to totally change it to an instant rebuff with no chance to draw attention.

Instead of thinking about how to buff Molt, we should think about how to nerf almost everything else in the entire game.

Once we pull back all the power creep accumulated since Update 8, Molt will look like a good skill once more.

Instead of thinking about how to buff Molt, we should think about how to nerf almost everything else in the entire game.

Once we pull back all the power creep accumulated since Update 8, Molt will look like a good skill once more.

No, it would not look good because ti becomes useless past level ~50 when enemies can destroy it in a fraction of a second. Molt needs a serious buff if DE expects us to use that skill. Right now it's only useful at low levels, after that it's just a mod slot waste, same with Contagion, well maybe except if you're using it with Glaive, then it becomes somehow viable.

Edited by Vardog

No, it would not look good because ti becomes useless past level ~50 when enemies can destroy it in a fraction of a second.

Read, and understand what you read.

Nerfing everything means nerfing EVERYTHING, including enemies, since those were subject to power creep as well.

Once the game at its core is in a place that could be considered balanced, then we worry about whether or not Molt needs to have more HP or extra effects.

Edited by Naqel

Read, and understand what you read.

Nerfing everything means nerfing EVERYTHING, including enemies, since those were subject to power creep as well.

Once the game at its core is in a place that could be considered balanced, then we worry about whether or not Molt needs to have more HP or extra effects.

You're being silly. You suggest nerfing all tough enemies and making the combat trivial instead of fixing an ability and keeping the combat fun and challenging. Or do you mean to nerf enemies until a certain level, after which Molt would still be useless?

Either way, it's much easier to adjust an ability to the game than it is the game to an ability. You're starting at the wrong end my friend.

Molt needs to scale with enemy level or be only time limited so it would work just as well at level 1 as at level 500. Nerfing enemies won't fix Molt. It's like applying a bandaid on a broken arm.

Edited by Vardog