Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

TAXIJACK: an irreversible mistake.

Soy77

5 minutes ago, Zimzala said:

We are, IMO, deep into the beginning of society trying to treat these online worlds in a very dangerous way, as if they are real life, when it's just pixels in a fantasy.

The internet and video games are taking up a lot more peoples time than they used to. The more time you invest, the more you get emotionally invested too. It's gonna be a hell of a ride for some people to learn to keep these things at arms length, or to at least get a better perspective on the two mediums as a whole. 

3 minutes ago, TomCruisesSon said:

The internet and video games are taking up a lot more peoples time than they used to. The more time you invest, the more you get emotionally invested too. It's gonna be a hell of a ride for some people to learn to keep these things at arms length, or to at least get a better perspective on the two mediums as a whole. 

Not 'going to be', IMO, we are here.

PS: How long before two people that get 'married' in an MMORPG sue each other in RL for half of the virtual items the other has? We already have people getting killed over virtual items. It's here.

17 minutes ago, sorcer3r said:

Well but then it is better to remove Railjack before it ends as archwing 2.0  which everyone tries to avoid as much as possible.

I mean, I'm having a pretty good time, and would love to keep playing and crack relics in railjack in Call of the Tempestarii. Hopefully DE sticks to that plan amirite?

Just now, TomCruisesSon said:

I mean, I'm having a pretty good time, and would love to keep playing and crack relics in railjack in Call of the Tempestarii. Hopefully DE sticks to that plan amirite?

and you will also find 5 people who still have fun with archwing ;)

but well, maybe void storm mission will provide some gameplay closer to the original vision of railjcak. let's hope ,)

3 minutes ago, sorcer3r said:

and you will also find 5 people who still have fun with archwing ;)

I will not, I play solo ;D

4 minutes ago, sorcer3r said:

but well, maybe void storm mission will provide some gameplay closer to the original vision of railjcak. let's hope ,)

I hope so too, I'm hoping they actually use the feedback to scratch that unique itch everyone has with railjack.

1 hour ago, Zimzala said:

Add in the idea so very many players have the idea that if they are not playing the 'most popular' game, then they are 'doing it wrong' and we have our modern WF gamer at scale.

I am sorry but Warframe is definitely not 'the most popular game'. It might be 'the most popular looter-shooter game' but that's cause WF is the only one that survived. WF sure is a great game and I love WF but WF simply is not one of 'the most popular games'. I'd say it's more on the upper middle section in terms of popularity.

2 hours ago, Zimzala said:

Kind of like the 5 people here that try to convince the rest of us RJ is now terrible?

Maybe check the feedback section. You know, where these things actually matter? Plenty of people aren't happy with the Corpus RJ missions as they are in essence just taxi missions that have little to do with Railjack.

4 hours ago, Zimzala said:

Sure, I imagine there are a number of people that do that. I think gamers call them 'white knights' in the Internet.

Now, if you can show me something DE has done with WF in this last round of updates that is 'detrimental to the people', I am all ears.

All that occurred was that the game code/rules changed. Nothing added to cause seizures, etc., just game changes some people do not agree with, nothing more.

No one lost money in a Ponzi scheme, the code is not actively hacking our personal data, etc.

So, while these changes may be detrimental to the mood of some players, it remains a Video Game for entertainment, with no more 'detrimental' power over any individual beyond what that individual gives it.

So you don't like a game as much today as you did yesterday...so what? if you think this is some real life 'detriment' to your well-being, I think you have a large battle ahead than just some game mode changes impacting your outlook.

I'm glad you know exactly who you are sweet.

Now all that's left is that you let go of your white knighting and your pedantry and rejoin normal human society.

3 hours ago, cha0sWyrM said:

seems you have identified the primary issue with the old rj system.

new railjack is magnitudes better than it was before. its not even a debate as far as im concerned. i, along with most players, completely ignored railjack since it came out...now, well now ill play it all the time.

mission accomplished.

New railjack is magnitudes better? How's that? The old missions are now basically semi-afk flight (with short pauses to snipe the crewships) to the objective while your gunners aimbot the fighters and your engi autoreps everything.

The new missions literally just a short flight to the objective ignoring everything...

Oh wait no... I get it it. IT IS magnitudes better. Almost none of the "railjack gameplay" involves railjack now...

16 minutes ago, Alucard291 said:

Oh wait no... I get it it. IT IS magnitudes better. Almost none of the "railjack gameplay" involves railjack now...

Yeah, it really just seems like this is why it's "better". The Corpus missions consist almost entirely of ground based objectives. Even the "new" dungeon, which you can tell when someone hasn't even bothered with Railjack when they think something that already existed [derelicts] is new, is ground. The objectives often tied to entering corpus ships are just two ground missions consisting of a shorter mobile defense or a stand around waiting and killing some drones. The Railjack is pretty entirely optional because it's not used for anything other than the forced FA usage for shooting weak points.

In multiplayer, it went from pilot solos the mission, to the group just ditches the railjack to split and do the ground based objectives before entering the primary ground based objective.

13 minutes ago, Yamazuki said:

Yeah, it really just seems like this is why it's "better". The Corpus missions consist almost entirely of ground based objectives. Even the "new" dungeon, which you can tell when someone hasn't even bothered with Railjack when they think something that already existed [derelicts] is new, is ground. The objectives often tied to entering corpus ships are just two ground missions consisting of a shorter mobile defense or a stand around waiting and killing some drones. The Railjack is pretty entirely optional because it's not used for anything other than the forced FA usage for shooting weak points.

In multiplayer, it went from pilot solos the mission, to the group just ditches the railjack to split and do the ground based objectives before entering the primary ground based objective.

My favourite part is that the main objective in corpus missions is literally a recycled tile from corpus fleet defense... Its not even funny how lazy that is...

7 hours ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

I'll never understand why people can't grasp the fact that Warframe doesn't have to be every game, and that it's allowed to play other games and all that comes with it.

Why does DE think Warframe should be every game?

Liches: DE brings up Shadow of Mordor.
Railjack: Steve - "MotherF***** Battle of Endor!!!"

I hope the DE reverses all of that ... or at least part of it. Now I only play extermination and completely ignore defense, volatile and orphix missions. The update came with many problems that may take a long time to be fixed. Unfortunately, DE destroyed the railjack we liked. Let's pray for some miracle to happen.

5 hours ago, Alucard291 said:

New railjack is magnitudes better? How's that? The old missions are now basically semi-afk flight (with short pauses to snipe the crewships) to the objective while your gunners aimbot the fighters and your engi autoreps everything.

The new missions literally just a short flight to the objective ignoring everything...

youre focusing on the subjective term "better" instead of the actual reason. objectively, no one was playing it.

The thing is, Railjack was always envisioned and advertised as a hybrid of space and ground combat, with substantial ground combat sections, to the point where the Tennocon Demos didn't even have any in-Railjack objectives on-screen beyond firing the forward artillery (granted there were unlikely to have been any actual objectives but there's clear analogues for ground sections)  - in 2018 especially, the whole purpose is purely to take the players from one place to another whilst having space combat along the way,and very slowly for that matter.

That's not to say I don't want any more Railjack-focused setpieces, but hybrid gameplay is exactly what was promised.

17 hours ago, Soy77 said:

what could've been a totally kickas space combat game, now is just usual warframe with extra steps.
and to be honest, i just can't see DE owing another mistake for the second time. it was already pretty embarrassing the first time they did it, and it took YEARS for them to try fixing it. DE are nice, but they're not cdpr.
i imagine they'll just stick to their guns this time, they have plenty of supporters. back when i preached that rj should go the space combat route, a lot of people insisted that it's a bad idea, rj should embrace warframe core gameplay instead. they've won.

But it really isnt a mistake. The intent of RJ is exactly what you describe here and why people also wanted it the way it is or well what it is turning into. It was always supposed to mix and tie together Warframe, it wasnt ment to be a space combat mode. This has been the idea since before the game as a whole released back in 2012/2013.

And you claimed people didnt like RJ so they didnt play it. There is no real indication of that since the game mode was packed for quite a while. The reason it died out is because it was too much of what you advocate, which seperated it and still seperates it too much from the rest of the game, amputating RJ since the rest of the game has no need for it. Which leads to zero replay value after you've got your jack set up.

It is also odd that you say you are fairly new and your first big event was Orphix. How can you have "preached that rj should go the space combat route" when you didnt play when RJ was about to be released, or barely played shortly after its release either?

Well, my view on that is:

If Ralijack would've completely removed the warframe part from the game mode, then why would i want to play it over an actual space combat game?

Whenever i play the railjack part, i just can't help but feel the urge to close the game, and open Everspace.....

19 hours ago, Soy77 said:

anyone remember Top Gear? that stupid show about cars featuring 3 silly british guys?
on series 17 episode 1, richard hammond was reviewing the Marauder, and Jeremy Clarkson opened with these lines:

"many people say that last year they stop making the Hummer because it's too big, and too silly.
however, richard hammond said the reason it has gone west is because it wasn't big or silly enough."

then it shows a vehicle far bigger and more outrageous than the Hummer: the Marauder.

in my most honest opinion, rj had potential. it have the graphics, it have the physics, it's already better than half of star wars copycats out there. all it need was slightly better enemy a.i, and more engaging mission types. it could be a really decent space combat game. the fact that it's actually just a little game mode inside warframe, only makes it even more impressive.

and just like that marauder, i always preached that rj wasn't bad because it doesn't have enough warframe in it. it's bad because it doesn't have the balls to ditch warframes and just go all the way into the space combat territory.

==============

a little backstory about me. i'm relatively a new player, i just played warframe for almost a year. my first huge event was Orphix Venom, and boy it was a game changer for me.
i managed to get my first arcane there, energize was the energy solution that i've been looking in my entire noob career. i maxed out a couple more arcanes, even managed to sold quite a few to turn my fortune around. i was a poor noob no more. i bought a couple of vaulted warframes and weapons, which granted me access to higher level of contents inside warframe. nowadays i fear very few things inside this game. i still have long way to go, but i know i can work for whatever build i need to make. i have the ability to do that, thanks to OV.

of course when OV actually started, i was still a poor noob with bad builds. but i learned that to kick tushies in OV, all i need was one good mech. so i built one: a voidrig with like 5 formas iirc, put around 3 or 4 formas on my fluctus as well, poor boy gambled and put everything i had left on the arquebex.
the gamble pays off. that voidrig is heavily pimped with neat bruntspar skin now. that's if i ever need it. with my vast collection of frames, weapons, and mods, i rarely got my back against the ropes that i need to call my trusty old voidrig.

why are you bragging now you little... ok i'm sorry. my point is: i turned my whole fortune around inside this game, with just one decent voidrig.

won't it be novel and romantic if some other rookies can turn his or her whole fortune in this game, just by being a good pilot and having a good ship...?

you know... like han solo and his millennium falcon. the first reason why he joined luke's crew is because he's a darn good pilot with a darn good ship. wouldn't it be cool if you can be a han solo in warframe?

==============

i built the heck out of my railjack.

most people don't like the game mode so they barely played it. but me and plenty others sucked it up and actually hunted for the best mkiii parts. we valanced the heck out of them and ended up with ship among ships. something that made us proud every time we step foot on our dry docks.
ironically, even after having such powerful ship, the missions that i keep coming back to whenever i want to play rj are the first three on earth. because they're truly railjack missions: you fly your ship around, you shoot some bad guys, then pull out the big cannon to finish up the biggest baddies.

call me crazy, but i often pretend that it's just an awesome space combat game while playing it. which wasn't that hard to do, actually.

i often dreamed that DE would put some more mission types for rj.
missions where i don't have to step out of the ship, and get back in again, and step out again, and get back in again.
rj capture where you dogfight with an actually good grineer crewship that'll challenge your piloting skills. or even just simple rj racing through some space rings, so people who have build their ships can put their speed to the test. i never claimed to be a better game developer than DE, so i'm not forcing those ideas. but you know, should DE ever need any ideas, they could always just play some space combat games out there. ace combat have been doing it for decades, there are gotta be a mission type or two that DE can "borrow". warframe has been borrowing ideas from countless other games after all. *CoughHardNemesisSystemCough

==============

of course, building your railjack nowadays simply means that you only completed "half" of the mission.
you still gotta have good frames and builds, so when your taxi ride ends, you can actually do the actual mission.

but the milk has been spilled. there's no use for me crying or getting riled up in the forums over it.
from the moment i downloaded the update and saw that most of the early nodes that i liked are deleted, i immediately realize what has happened.
this is what DE meant by "incorporating more railjack into the main game modes". it means forcing regular warframe missions into poor old railjack.

what could've been a totally kickas space combat game, now is just usual warframe with extra steps.
and to be honest, i just can't see DE owing another mistake for the second time. it was already pretty embarrassing the first time they did it, and it took YEARS for them to try fixing it. DE are nice, but they're not cdpr.
i imagine they'll just stick to their guns this time, they have plenty of supporters. back when i preached that rj should go the space combat route, a lot of people insisted that it's a bad idea, rj should embrace warframe core gameplay instead. they've won.

"why are we playing [insert mech/ship/mining/conservation or whatever here] in a game called warframe??"
i guess we won't. we'll just continue to play warframe from now on, with extra steps here and there, but this game will be nothing but warframes. you guys have won.

==============

some of you might wonder then what is the point of this gruelingly long post?

i'm very sorry to inform you that i'm not trying to convince anyone about anything. i just have to let this out of my system.

turns out, this long post is simply my goodbye.
it's me saying goodbye to my hopes and dreams that rj could be a good mode that i can enjoy someday. to the little boy inside my heart that hoped he can have a little bit of that star wars fantasy he grew up with, in his favorite game, warframe.

i finally can let go of that dream now. so long...

I've only read the first portion, but the extensive graphics and missions we will never get sadly. DE has already stated that they will make sure all players (pretty much implying the people with crappy PC's) will be able to play, so any massive worlds with amazing graphics, will never come into place due to bad pc's.

16 hours ago, Alucard291 said:

I'm glad you know exactly who you are sweet.

Now all that's left is that you let go of your white knighting and your pedantry and rejoin normal human society.

So now I am no longer part of normal human society because I do not agree with your POV?

How refreshing and intellectually stimulating.

To funny.

I am not advocating DE does no wrong, I simply don't agree with the mass complaints and the OTT hyperbole and rage fueling those complaints.

But, I guess, when someone can only see two sides to a thing and no shades of grey/gray, some people feel like they have to make any one who does not jump on their bandwagon the enemy.

'Normal Human Society' - that's a good one!

17 часов назад, Zimzala сказал:

Kind of like the 5 people here that try to convince the rest of us RJ is now terrible?

The case on "why corpus RJ is terrible" has been made in excruciating detail even before the release of the update. Hardly our fault that our predictions in workshop turned out to be so precise. At least we actually tried to make devs see it when it wasn't too late yet.

The case keeps being made now that the update is out, and we can rummage through all its miniature and unforseen failures.

Other than playing wannabe psychologist on forum, do you have any real argument for how this update is good? And no, "it allows me to basically not play RJ" isn't going to be accepted.

Archived