Corpus Proxima & The New Railjack: Hotfix 29.10.3

[DE]Megan

9 minutes ago, LillyRaccune said:

We need a Tenno Daycare facility. My Lich has "Fear of Children". I NEED to proc the panic in my lich.

Literally all Tenno facilities are daycare facilities.

• Like 2

Great Job and good update.

Is it just me or new orphix are now on pcp and spawn faster and faster each time ( for sure twice as fast as in event )?

Anyway everything is fine so far, as long i am not rewarded with container drop A.K.A amber ayatan shards i am sort of happy, and since you are well known for nerfing the fun in the game did i told you how much fun i have when rewarded with amber ayatan shards in reqiem relics and in demios bounties ?? 

be well.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed the chosen Energy color not applying properly to double jump/bullet jump/etc FX.

Also, can you take a look at the Blackout Pulse energy color? It doesn't change at all, it's always blue.

Thank you for the hard work! Keep it up guys <3

Just finished Corpus Railjack mission clearing minutes before this hotfix. Consider this feedback.

I love the stat changes to Railjack, the Plexus is much better than I anticipated it was going to be, realistic nerf to Tether while retaining usefulness, how boost works, etc. I would say that the Plexus could use a greater variety of Naramon and Vazarin mods, though by all means that can come in Call of the Tempestarii or later. The environments are absolutely stunning, I couldn't believe Venus Proxima was that beautiful, then I got to Neptune and my jaw dropped all over again. Every last map for points of interest, are excellent. I like the derelict freighters around Pluto the most, the devastation inside the floating wreck makes me think of the opening level of Metroid Prime. Thank you for giving that to me DE. Neptune ice mines are my next favorite, the intricacy of the ice walls and Corpus machinery screams of detail it makes me want more things to do in there then just hack a console.

I do enjoy all the priority targets that don't involve destroying the hacking drones, those just kinda feel like a drag. The Veil(?) priority targets where you shut down this laser beam station from the bottom and work your way up as pieces of the station jettison off as you complete them were awesome. Likewise the ship you board that decouples like train cars was similarly exciting. I do make an exception for the ice barge priority target ship, while I don't care for the hacking drone design seeing the ship blow apart as you run to the exit was incredible. I also similarly loved the interior design of the priority targets, though not quite as much as the points of interest.

Unfortunately the biggest and most unavoidable criticism I have of Railjack 3.0 is the almost total lack of your Railjack. It's a glorified taxi between your priority targets and the main Corpus ship you will be boarding. I don't feel like I'm experiencing what my ship has to offer while I constantly exit it to do anything of consequence. If you could balance between Railjack actually making a difference and the ground-based priority targets I'd be all over that. Grineer Skirmishes were a great example. Yes, you ended up boarding a station but Railjack was still intricately linked to mission progression in the forms of what was essentially Exterminate. Corpus Exterminate... does not share that comparison. I'm not going to include Orphix in this criticism as frankly Railjack isn't the purpose of doing Orphix runs.

Railjack Defense is the ABSOLUTE worst. It feels like doing a regular defense mission just with extra steps. On top of that the Corpus Ship Retrofit tileset is unequivocally the most frustrating Defense map in the game. If it's possible to argue that you can nerf a Warframe by changing where you acquire it: that's what you just did to Ash. I expect his in-game acquisition for new players to be in freefall, and that's if they purchase a Railjack through the market.

I would love dearly if Corpus Railjack Defense instead had you defending a Perrin Sequence colony ship for example, yes from fighters and crewships. Frankly you could even make a Mobile Defense out of the concept. I just want to see Railjack in Railjack, I'm not terribly concerned with the form that takes. But your Railjack not being part of the priority targets or Corpus Stanchion/Obelisks you board? That ain't it chief. The weakpoints you hit with the Forward Artillery at the end of Volatile isn't enough.

Edited by Diedact
  • Like 8

34 minutes ago, ArcticTFoxy said:

Companions still don't follow the player :/

At a casual look, dog is following me in mission just fine.  Need more information than this. What pet? Where? Is there a video? Does it start out following and then stop at some point mid-mission?

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Changes

Hey I thought you guys are being nice to let the Particle Ram stays in-between missions.... but with this update you guys take it away again... zzz

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, ntyd1s said:

Nobody notices Kubrodon Lure disappearance yet?

Yeah, wth happened to that?! From yesterday I was gonna hunt Kubrodons and I didnt have my lure at all (and I was hella sure I bought it years ago)

• Like 1

my Photor turrets still have no beams like before. 

i would like to give orders to the engineer crew to do their job, as well as tell the gunner crew to shoot a radiator outside.

can you add a reverse ability to warp your railjack to your position?

• Like 1

Octavia Prime's helmet vanishes after mounting the Railjack's pilot seat while invisible. This could also mean frames that can become invisible loses their heads. 

There's also some weird framerate drops inside tiny Corpus Crewships tiles. The new huge tilesets such as Freightlinkers and Ice Mines are alright in comparison.

Also, thank you for fixing the camera zoom and rotations on the Corpus Crewships. 

38 minutes ago, Maryph said:

There's a similar problem with Ironclad Matrix

In fact no!

Maximum Lavan Plating Mk3 is 6000 hull.  Ironclad Matrix adds 22.5% hull strength. Importantly, your crew members also use your equipped aura.  So the total bonus is 22.5% * 4 = 90% bonus if you have 3 crew members. So you get 6000 * (1+0.9) = 11400 hull once everything is tallied up.

• Like 10

56 minutes ago, S0NGA said:

the following new Deimos Challenges still not working!!! :(

Bug Out Ride
        Ride 20 Velocipods.

Jugger-Not
        Kill 5 Juggernauts in Cambion Drift.

Kill It With Fire
        Burn 100 Infested pods.

several Juggernauts killed in Cambion Drift, as well as Infested Pods and Velocipod riding, and none of the challenges updated.

This just started updating for me for the first time. Killed both on the level 15-25 mission.

aV2P9VI.jpg

• Like 1

• [DE]Megan unfeatured and unpinned this topic