Grendel ( Buffs , Ability revisit, Changes) - Made by Niblo

Hello there!

My name is Niblo. Trough out the past week I have been collecting infromations from other warframe players. Category : GRENDEL. With their help i was brainstorming and thinking how to make this warframe feel better. Under each ability i will write what the player base wants for that ability and how we can change it to feel better. Ive asked around 15-20 random and grendel players trough out the week , their reactions were pretty similar, they like the concept but they want to make him stroger .Before we start i would like to tell you that i come from Europe so my english migh not be perfect. Let me know what you think of this article, have fun and lets jump right into it!

GRENDEL :

- Passive : Devouring his prey whole,  Grendel slowly digests the enemies he swallows via  Feast. For each enemy still alive in his belly, Grendel passively gains 50 Armor points.

Player Base: " we think that passive is okay, it can make him pretty tanky. The only problem is that his 1st ability takes too much energy if you hold more then 5-8 enemy units"

Solution: 

a) Add timer to passive and dont base it around his 1st ability :  Gredel gets 50 armor for every enemy that he devours , armor stack lasts for 5 seconds each ( 10 enemy units, 500 armor for 50 sec)

b) Add to the passive so its worth the energy it takes from his 1st : + 5% armor reduction +5% more damage to the enemy in the belly per stack ( 1 stack in 1 enemy in the belly) and to not make the passive to op make grendel slower for more enemy units that he holds ( 10 stack = 500 armor , 50% armor reduction, 50% more damage to the enemy in belly for 50seconds and -  50% movement speed for grendel)

- Feast: Swallow an enemy whole and store it in Grendel’s gut. Not satisfied? Keep eating, but beware, each foe in Grendel’s belly slowly consumes energy. Hold to vomit out stored enemies covering them in toxic bile.

Player Base: " We like his Feast ability since its realy good for late game ( armor strip + taking enemy away from battle field) while in the early game you can just have fun nuking the enemy. The only problem that we have with his ability is that it takes too much energy per second making his Passive and 4th fade away realy soon"

Solution:  

a) Each enemy that you consume costs enery insted of draining your energy while inside . More enemy units you want to eat more it will cost. ( 1 enemy is worth 10 energy, eat 10 enemy units and ur ability cost is 100). Enemy inside ur belly dont drain ur energy no more

b) Remove cenergy drain and make it HP drain ( 1HP / s  for each enemy inside grendel , once enemy dies inside grendel he gets back 100 hp)

- Nourish: Inflict  Toxin damage on Feasted enemies in Grendel's gut one by one, absorbing nourishment to buff allies. Tap to cycle through buffs and hold to cast.

Player Base: " we like the idea of buffing and healing with feasted enemy units but buffs dont feel as good as other buffs on other warframes"

Solution:

a) Energy : Nourished Energy multiplicatively increases the Energy points gained or recharged from any source for the buffed player by 1.1x / 1.15x / 1.2x / 1.25x. This includes energy orb pickups, ability gains such as  Energy Vampire, modular effects such as  Rage, and energy per second restoration from auras ( Energy Siphon) and Focus Ways (Energizing Dash).

Solution : Make energy multiply stronger or rework it into mini arcane energize.

b) Armor: Nourished Armor reacts to incoming enemy damage and player-made kills, discharging a toxic splash that inflicts 100 / 150 / 200 / 250  Toxin damage to enemies in a 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 meter radius around the buffed player. Toxic splash can only trigger once every 1 second.

Solution: Change toxic into corrosive , make splash  stagger enemy for a short duration. Buff radius around buffed player or make buffed player go in enemy groups and deal more damage.

c) Strike:  Nourished Strike provides additional  Toxin damage for the buffed player's weapons by 1.2x / 1.3x / 1.4x / 1.5x. The toxin bonus is applied to weapons in the exact same manner as elemental damage mods, stacking additively with those mods and combining with other elemental types on the weapon when applicable.

Solution : Players think that weapon buff is allways nice, they said that they dont realy care if there is stronger buff to weapons or not, they just  want buff to weapons be worth to be in use, maybe put the buff also on warframe abilities.

- Regurgitate: Violently puke out a bile soaked enemy from Grendel’s gut, turning the consumed into a toxic projectile.

Player base: " REWORK IT"

Solution : After Nourishing the enemy , stomach acid stores in Grendel. Grendel can spit out stored acid  ( 3 stack, each stack stronger). Spit acid stays on the floor like a puddle. ( Doesnt stack with range mods)

Stack 1: 
- 1 enemy nourished
- Acid puddle range: 5m
- Slows enemy for :15%
- Enemy units standing on the acid puddle start loosing  1HP/s
- After activating the ability Grendel gets staggerd for 1sec

Stack 2: 
- 3 enemy nourished
- Acid puddle range: 10m
- Slows enemy for :25%
- Enemy units standing on the acid puddle start loosing  2.5HP/s
- After activating the ability Grendel gets staggerd for 2sec 

Stack 3: 
- 5 enemy nourished
- Acid puddle range: 15m
- Slows enemy for :45%
- Enemy units standing on the acid puddle start loosing  5HP/s
- After activating the ability Grendel gets staggerd for 3.5sec

-Pulverize: Powered by feasting, Grendel curls into a ball and knocks over anyone in his path. Jumping slams Grendel into the ground and generates a damaging shockwave.

Player Base: " We like grendel 4th. For some people it is hard to control but after playing grendel for some time you get used to it , CATAPULT augument also helps you to move around much faster and more smooth, we want more meaningfull augument tho,  install this augument into grendel 4th and change catapult)

Solution: Install Catapult Augument into Pulverize. Catapult rework:

Enraged Catapult ( new / reworked augument):
- While Catapulting with grendel ( catapult is installed in 4th) Pulverize will deal bonus damage. ( 100%+ strenght for each enemy inside the belly)

Ty for reading this article, if you have any recomendation leave them under this post. Any ideas are wellcomed, its time for  Grendels rework, lets step together as community as i and 20 players have for this article and lets give grendel what he needs. 

Have a nice day everyone!

Niblo

Edited by niblo
  • Like 4
  • niblo changed the title to Grendel ( Buffs , Ability revisit, Changes) - Made by Niblo

I really like all of your suggestions/changes. Grendel needs help and this Grendel would be both enjoyable and useful instead of just one or the other.

Edited by _Tormex_
  • Like 3
21 minutes ago, _Tormex_ said:

I really like all of your suggestions/changes. Grendel needs help and this Grendel would be both enjoyable and useful instead of just one or the other.

Ty for the feedback <3

It would be really fun if one of your ideas for grendel's 1 was the base ability and the other was an augment mod so that you could try both options like Nekros can

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, _Tormex_ said:

It would be really fun if one of your ideas for grendel's 1 was the base ability and the other was an augment mod so that you could try both options like Nekros can

+1 agreed

8 hours ago, Larrell said:

I found Grendal is very much more useable if you take the extra energy mod. That boosted energy pool seems to make all the difference!

Even with primed flow , his energy goes out too fast if u carry enemy inside his belly

10 energy per enemy per second is too much. That’s actually far more punishing than the way his energy drain is now.
IDK why his 3 should require the use of his 2. You’re already losing massive amounts of energy from your feast changes. Why add an additional cost to using his 3? Just make it scale with the number of enemies in his stomach.

Edited by (XBOX)GearsMatrix301
7 hours ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

10 energy per enemy per second is too much. That’s actually far more punishing than the way his energy drain is now.
IDK why his 3 should require the use of his 2. You’re already losing massive amounts of energy from your feast changes. Why add an additional cost to using his 3? Just make it scale with the number of enemies in his stomach.

2 and 3 work together .... while you are using 2 for each nourish u get stack on 3 ( 3 has no energy cost, only stack cost)

1 hour ago, niblo said:

2 and 3 work together .... while you are using 2 for each nourish u get stack on 3 ( 3 has no energy cost, only stack cost)

But why add an additional energy cost to the energy cost of having enemies in his stomach just to make his 3 better? 
why not just have his 3 scale off the number of enemies in his stomach.

like my rework had a 20% armor strip added to the AOE of his 3 for every consumed enemy. Maxing out at 100%.

• Like 1