Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Surviving Survival

(PSN)GOTWIC

Question

Ok so a couple of questions.

1) What are the best maps to do a survival endurance run? I'm talking spawn rates, choke points, Kills per minute, and scenery that wouldn't get too boring

2) Is it better to camp in a room and hold a choke point, or is it better to move around the map, spending only a few minutes at each "spot"? Or does it not matter? (To maximize kills per minute)

3) I've been using invisibility ash, but (some) of the acolytes have been able to kill me while I was invisible. This also happens when I'm in void mode trying to activate capsules. Any idea how this is happening and how to avoid? This is a huge pain as I died 5 times in 2 hours, all from acolytes while I was invisible, and had to extract.

4) How long does it take to reach level cap? 6 hours? 8 hours? 10 hours?

My kills to hours played ratio is absolutely pathetic (140k kills for 2k hours lol), and I'm looking to bring it up. Right now I'm averaging around 2.2k kills per hour on SP Mot. Are there any better kill farms?

Note that all of this is SP, solo, and targeted to maximize kills.

Thank you.

5 answers to this question

1. I prefer Void tilesets. They're sleek, high-tech, music's great. It also has one amazing room that is very small, has an upper level, and has multiple doors which is great for spawns. It's circular and has a big frozen tree in the center.

2. Depends on if it helps you from getting bored and what frame you play. For example, Revenant can farm in any room just fine due to his mobility, but Nidus and his Ravenous needs him to stay put. Since you're playing Ash, it really boils down to whatever keeps you from getting bored.

2. I don't play Ash, so I can't say for certain why they can attack you while invisible. My guess is that they can detect you no matter what. You could also be using a weapon that isn't silent so the enemy is tracking you by how much noise you're making.

3. I'm unsure since I never actually bothered to track the time for that.

In survival it takes around 8.5 hours to reach level cap. If you're just trying to get tons of kills you should consider Infested survivals, since there's lots of enemies and most of them die pretty easily. Iirc I used to get around 10k kills per hour with Khora in solo SP survival against Infested.

19 hours ago, KingOfRisen said:

In survival it takes around 8.5 hours to reach level cap. If you're just trying to get tons of kills you should consider Infested survivals, since there's lots of enemies and most of them die pretty easily. Iirc I used to get around 10k kills per hour with Khora in solo SP survival against Infested.

Ok, good advice! Which node dis you do this on? Also, what kind of build should I run? I'm assuming gas and slash, or maybe viral slash, but not sure. Thanks

EDIT: I tried some maps, it seems like with khora its best with the most open maps. Not really sure which maps are the most open

3 hours ago, (PSN)GOTWIC said:

Which node dis you do this on? Also, what kind of build should I run?

It's been a long time since then, so I don't really remember. I think I was using Corrosive on Whipclaw and an AoE weapon with Viral to debuff enemies.

Archived