Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to properly play Railjack Corpus Veil solo

Vit0Corleone

Thanks DE, I really needed to catch up on some Netflix shows /s

Seriously thou, I understand the "need" to dumbify, simplify, and making it very easy to appeal to players, but isn't this a bit too much?

A properly moded RJ with 2 gunners is all that it takes. The absurd amount of rewards for basically doing nothing ( except collecting loot every once in a while ) is insane.

No this is exactly what was expected.

RJ launched with the storm of "too hard release command already!!1!" and they went and nerfed every aspect of it before the command tree was made. And now, as everyone expected, command went and made the mode even easier. And honestly having the ability to afk through it is probably still too hard for the players that found it "literally impossible" in the past.

3 minutes ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

I want my ship to not die off when I have to leave it :P that's my hope with command.. Tell me please that that's also the case with the update 😢 

I left my ship in heavy fire with a lich defender and 2 engineers on board. Breach popped a few times but they fixed it easily. So yeah. It works. The main objective in corpus veil also just stops outside combat en general. So no issues at all while doing those.

7 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

I put this issue there in the Feedback thread. While the AI's accuracy is debatable, the TARGET ACQUISITION is far too fast.

Which is exactly why the Talyn (or any hitscan weapon for that matter) is OP on gunners  - they don't need to aim. They just point at it and nuke it.

10 minutes ago, trst said:

RJ launched with the storm of "too hard release command already!!1!" and they went and nerfed every aspect of it before the command tree was made. And now, as everyone expected, command went and made the mode even easier. And honestly having the ability to afk through it is probably still too hard for the players that found it "literally impossible" in the past.

Aint that the truth...

il y a 30 minutes, Vit0Corleone a dit :

Seriously thou, I understand the "need" to dumbify, simplify, and making it very easy to appeal to players, but isn't this a bit too much

We saw it coming, the idea (back then at least regarding most Difficulty talks we had on forums) was that players who wanted a harder difficulty would not go the easy way and the players who had trouble or wanted to relax would take shortcuts to solve their problems.

Sooo... Technically, everyone would be happy if they know what they're doing. Besides, the game doesn't exactly break for the whole server if one guy has a whole lot of credits and endo. He'd still be spending time farming just while being afk instead.

It's not like being afk was giving him infinite credits or endo instantly. But yeah it does look dumb just as expected.

14 minutes ago, trst said:

Had my ship was built before the update landed, I played railjack in CO-OP from the start to build up my ship then went solo, in between helping out others without a ship, it was good then a while later players crying it was too hard so DE made it into easy mode and increased the drop rates for stuff which took ages in the old days to get the basics in any numbers.

With command I like to leave my lich and two hires as engineers so I can just go off and do the missions.

I see with your video if you suddenly nod zzZZz off after a heavy day your crew has your back. lol

Yesterday you had difficulties completing orphix on Venus with the standard mechs, in your opinion they shouldn't be required to complete  railjack nodes.

Today railjack it's to easy to a point you can afk to get mods and wreckage... 

People are awesome! 

59 minutes ago, Vit0Corleone said:

Seriously thou, I understand the "need" to dumbify, simplify, and making it very easy to appeal to players, but isn't this a bit too much?

A properly moded RJ with 2 gunners is all that it takes. The absurd amount of rewards for basically doing nothing ( except collecting loot every once in a while ) is insane.

An idea to fix this: reinforcements. As the mission progresses, enemies will gradually become more numerous and increase in level. The end result is that if you go AFK for too long, the enemy will cause a hull breach that the crew doesn't have the resources to repair and the mission will end.

1 hour ago, Vit0Corleone said:

Add to title (AKA AFK Endo Farm)

1 minute ago, samaban said:

Yesterday you had difficulties completing orphix on Venus with the standard mechs, in your opinion they shouldn't be required to complete  railjack nodes.

Today railjack it's to easy to a point you can afk to get mods and wreckage... 

People are awesome! 

That's not true. I welcome difficulty very much. I loved the challenging Railjack on release, finished everything before DE made it easy with the first "revisit".

My remark was related to how entire Railjack planets are locked behind Mechs/Deimos, since it's not possible to progress beyond Neptune if you don't own one.

I will be able to progress in 3 days when my Mech finishes building. Waiting isn't "hard", it's just annoying and makes no sense for Mechs to block Railjack progression. But that's just my opinion, so YMMV.

5 minutes ago, Smiky said:

IIRC there are laying unused basic mechs on the floor in those Orphix missions. So you are not required to have your own mech.

There are, but they are very weak. I do better with my Operator than I do with those free Mechs.

Try it yourself solo if you're curious.

Spoiler: I've been told that the conditions aren't the same as they were on the Event, so don't expect it to be the same.

and?
wukong can also farm "afk" missions with macros. but it is hardly worth it.
and what for? if i play actively i'm much better off. and rewards from "afk" missions are only of interest to beginners. when it comes to exp, you get it by the way ...? and everything is maxed too quickly.

2 minutes ago, Battle.Mage said:

and?
wukong can also farm "afk" missions with macros. but it is hardly worth it.
and what for? if i play actively i'm much better off. and rewards from "afk" missions are only of interest to beginners. when it comes to exp, you get it by the way ...? and everything is maxed too quickly.

Well, I guess it's just a matter of opinion.

Took me one hour to fully max out all the t3 Railjack components/armaments and get all the mods. Basically by not playing.

In comparison, when Railjack first released, this would have taken weeks of actively playing.

I think the purpose of a game is to play it.

vor 8 Minuten schrieb Vit0Corleone:

Well, I guess it's just a matter of opinion.

Took me one hour to fully max out all the t3 Railjack components/armaments and get all the mods. Basically by not playing.

In comparison, when Railjack first released, this would have taken weeks of actively playing.

I think the purpose of a game is to play it.

and what is stopping you? you would hardly want or be able to play difficult missions afk ...
if you take away crew, railjack becomes a desert again.

you showed that simple missions are possible ... ok. but what do you want to change ?!

if people wanted to play "afk", there were heaps of bot programs with monthly paid subscriptions. YES!
but apparently there is no demand for it. because for other games a lot of people pay 30-200 € per month. i know a lot of examples here. and which coder team would miss something like that ...

warframe devs seem to do a lot right after all, don't they?
or what ever. everyone has their own opinion and i don't mind.

What a great ship you have, would be a shame if someone were to.... Ring your doorbell.
Seriously, why does when i try to do that, i always get boarded.....

I'm also not saying this for no reason.
DO NOT ask for nerf of the crew, best solution is to give ramsleds evasion against AI gunners, engineer will eventually go down, if ship gets boarded repeatedly, while being constantly shot by the crewships.

Archived