Separate "Exalted" weapon for Atlas?

I feel the same about Khora's whip. I dislike my abilities being tied to my melee ever since they gave Exalted weapons their own mods. I guess Mastery reasons?  I am not sure. Either way it'd be better for modding purposes.

• Like 8

Separate note, but can Landslide also count for Pack Leader? It's a punch, but isn't considered a melee attack for that mod, which doesn't make sense and gets quite annoying when you run a pet that isn't very tanky.

• Like 2

I second this notion. It's neat on one note to have your weapon choice affect your Warframe abilities, but when it's something as crucial as damage, I'd rather take the easy route and directly mod it.

And you wouldn't have to change the ability mechanically at all either, simply allow it to be modded. Perhaps some improve states and a damage buff to compensate for some specific losses such as specific weapon bonuses (Venka Prime) or Acolyte mods.

5 minutes ago, (XBOX)Regxxh said:

Separate note, but can Landslide also count for Pack Leader? It's a punch, but isn't considered a melee attack for that mod, which doesn't make sense and gets quite annoying when you run a pet that isn't very tanky.

It would if Landslide was an Exalted. since other ones I believe do in fact activate Pack Leader. It would definitely dissuade me a lil' from equipping a Vulpa all the time.

Edited by Scruffel
  • Like 2
5 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

im not a fan of exalted weapons, its just kinda lazy to me IMO.

Have any alternative suggestions then? Feedback on matters like this are valuable.

The general consensus seems to be that Landslide & Whipclaw require stat sticks to get the most potential out of them. Most people, myself included, despise having to rely on stat sticks just to make an ability remotely viable at higher levels, it restricts the potential for more diverse loadouts.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, (PSN)IndianChiefJeff said:

Have any alternative suggestions then? Feedback on matters like this are valuable.

The general consensus seems to be that Landslide & Whipclaw require stat sticks to get the most potential out of them. Most people, myself included, despise having to rely on stat sticks just to make an ability remotely viable at higher levels, it restricts the potential for more diverse loadouts.

id be fine with it being modable but staying the way it is and not becoming a full exalted.
the reason I feel exalted weapons are lazy is cause its just "make a weapon model, slap on the melee combos for that class/give it combos and call it good.

Edited by Miser_able
  • Like 1
3 минуты назад, (PSN)IndianChiefJeff сказал:

This would be awesome. I don't like the idea that i have to make an entire new build on my melee weapon to properly use Landslide and Whipclaw, so change of that would be very awesome.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

id be fine with it being modable but staying the way it is and not becoming a full exalted.
the reason I feel exalted weapons are lazy is cause its just "make a weapon model, slap on the melee combos for that class/give it combos and call it good.

I believe that's what most people (at least here in this thread) would want in terms of converting Landslide and Whipclaw to be "Exalted". Not in the form of Exalted Blade or Desert Wind where they get a stance and use some sort of drain, just for it to be moddable.

Edited by Scruffel
  • Like 3

I think this would be good for Gara, as her stat sticks are pretty much useless as weapons.

Atlas and Khora can both mod weapons to still be usable and good stat sticks.

DE would most likely remove certain mods from working, similar to other exalted.  We would also lose rivens, which would be a sizable damage loss if you're using max dispo stat sticks.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, (PSN)Adometro said:

I think this would be good for Gara, as her stat sticks are pretty much useless as weapons.

Atlas and Khora can both mod weapons to still be usable and good stat sticks.

DE would most likely remove certain mods from working, similar to other exalted.  We would also lose rivens, which would be a sizable damage loss if you're using max dispo stat sticks.

True, but I see that as an inevitability. Rivens aren't supposed to affect powers anyways, and Stat Sticks are just an exploit acting as a way to bypass that restriction.

DE could just easily buff the stats of the abilities in question, and maybe allow some Mods like Blood Rush to work, but at a lower value to compensate. Maybe have their multiplier scale up to 6x as well in case the previous changes aren't enough. Khora's pretty much the only Melee Ability with decent stats regardless, so I don't see why the others can't receive some buffs as well.

i agree ,

I am very strongly opposed to the concept of stat sticks of any kind.

It doesn't even need to be exalted per se , we already have garuda whose talons can be modded seperately , similar mechanic for our "psuedo exalted" weapons would work as well.

Atlas and his fists ,

Gara and her sword/claymore,

Khora and her whip,

Hmm

I would prefer to keep the landslide.

I feel like better solution would be by making it similiar to Garuda's talons:
It appears as a regular melee, if you dont have one equipped.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Miser_able said:

im not a fan of exalted weapons, its just kinda lazy to me IMO.

It's better gameplay to use exalteds than statsticks though.  Gimping my melee so that I can spam 1 all game feels really crappy.  And it's never obvious which mods actually work best.  You have to wiki it, or spam the subreddit as so many people do.  There's a new "best mods for khora statstick" post every week or so.  And there's often conflicting information on what works and what doesn't.

My point is that statsticks are unclear, even for Warframe.  They're the main reason I don't play Khora or Atlas very much.  Gara?  She's got other issues, but giving her a proper exalted would help too.

Statsticks should be replaced with exalteds across the board, and buffs/reworks can go along with such a sweeping change.

The suggestion makes sense, but it would also be a huge nerf since exalted weapons are bad. For one thing, there'd be no replacement for my combo duration riven (exalteds can't have rivens + their dispo would be trash), and there's a number of solid melee mods, including stances, that you can't put on exalteds.

If the issues with Exalteds were solved, and only then, would I be okay with this. Don't nerf my boy :[

• Like 1