Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How can you ship this product?

xxvaderxxar

11 minutes ago, xxvaderxxar said:

Im doing R-9 on the veil, that is last year content, half the time you kill the 20 sentient and the mission just bugs out and does not end. and youhave to abort it.

That is what the year before content? still bugged.

I've done a ton of sentient RJ missions and I've never had this happen, even when RJ was new and super buggy. I'm wondering if maybe the new update broke the old missions somehow. I have had a ton of bugs/soft-locks with the new update on corpus missions. I did one Sentient node and it worked fine.

19 hours ago, Hobie-wan said:

I've had things like no check to vote on the next mission when I was a client and some other one off things, but it hasn't been 'unplayable' for me.

This is a case of "is it a bug or a feature" for me. Could be an attempt to get a middle ground between a full democracy in a squad and allowing the captain to decide where the ship goes.

Not sure exactly how pressing X works currently, but a possibility is that captain suggests a new destination and crew members get a veto/deciding whether they want to leave. With the captain starting the journey if there are no objections.

Not sure how good of a system that would be, but I could see it still making sense 

6 hours ago, xxvaderxxar said:

If for instance latency might be an issue, you make a test FORCING latency, you dont randomly wait for someone to come up with a report of having issues due to latency.These bugs are the clear result of no testing like at all.

You can’t fix bad latency no matter how hard you try it. It’s basically trying to push your game above 60 FPS with optimizations on a PC running a gt 730 on max settings, the hardware can’t keep up. Please give me ONE P2P multiplayer game that handles desync well during high latency situation. 

On 2021-03-23 at 9:13 PM, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

If you're testing a water dam, all the theoretical testing and preparation and drills won't matter until the dam is in place and operating in real life. 

DE needs the real life data to catch things they may not catch while testing it with a smaller handful of people. This is with many games.

please don't ever be a dam builder.

17 hours ago, Deminisis said:

A lot of people like to defend DE saying gamebreaking bugs are common and unavoidable in public content releases, but it just goes to say that they don't play much else in their gaming life.

Yeah, I'm no developer, but I can see other large scale games and MMOs that have near flawless content releases on a regular basis. Guild Wars 2 drops large content updates every 3-4 months and have very few bug fixes to deal with. Its rare to ever see something that crashes the game or stops quest/mission progression.

There is definitely a lot of talent in the art and sound design teams at DE, but I really believe there is some serious problems in playtesting and organization for the rest of Warframe.

Other games do run into issues. Even per your example, GW2, has had issues with updates. Although, the biggest issue is also the speed of which it takes to fix them. DE has a tendency of releasing bigger updates right before they won't be around to fix it. The initial Railjack for example, was rushed before they were leaving for time off. Any update right before a weekend means dealing with the bugs until at best Monday, and even then, not all bugs are fixed until a couple days after even if it's a progression stopper.

Some bugs really won't always appear in a test environment, League of Legends even when pbe was easily accessible, it didn't have bugs that appeared once the patch shipped to live servers... but again, they generally can hotifx, even to nerf a champion, within an hour or at least disable items/champions temporarily.

DE operates Warframe as an "early access" game, and this is how most early access games are. Warframe wouldn't even be the first game to indefinitely be in "beta" either.

Archived