How does cordon work?

CaptainSpear

Question

I'm currently farming for the nautilus companion and looking at it's precept mods, I see cordon and it's description is fairly vauge. It goups people together? How?

Is there a special effect or any damage done? Stagger or freeze? 

If anyone reading this has a moa, is it anything like the tether mine? Is it better?

I'm just wanting answers...

3 answers to this question

Nautilus will emit tractor beams that will tether and pull enemies pulls to Nautilus itself. Nautilus will use the precept when there's at least one enemy near you, regardless of line of sight. That means the precept will pull enemies even if you don't have line of sight on them, such as through a wall.

When Nautilus is pulling in any enemies, it pulls the enemies towards the origin point that Nautilus activated the precept. That means that if I decided to move 5 meters to the left when Nautilus is pulling in enemies, the enemies will be pulled to the original point (5 meters to the right after I've moved).

• Like 1

Personally I like it more than Tether Mine, but it can definitely lead to some weird and funky behavior. Enemies slide effortlessly, and if they are speed boosted for some reason they slide faster: Conversely, if they're cold proc'd or slowed by powers they slide slower. It doesn't actually seem to ALERT them, as I've had Nautilus drag unaware enemies over to me where they were still open to stealth finishers. That last part might need more testing, but I definitely feel like it's a strong effect with a short cooldown.

To me its annoying because Nautilus is usually floating over my head so guess where the enemies go...  right in my face.    

I was super done with RJ by the time i finished Nautilus so I havent got to test out his Repair precept.  But thats my main interest in him.