Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #153!

[DE]Rebecca

Ok soo, here's some questions:

Do you guys have any plans on further expanding the operator/focus system ? Like adding different "void manuevers" to be used by the operator or even making more focus schools ? It'd be nice to have more of a "titanfall" dynamic on the game with the operators.

What else will you guys do with the Necramechs ? More mechs coming ? Or we'll have just those 2 and let em' be some secundary gimmick ? I really liked the idea, maybe some other factions mechs as well ?

ARCH-MELEE MECHS/GROUND ! Any news on that ?

The game has been having balance issues for quite some time now, and we all know how the community...erm..."responds" to the more drastic and necessary changes, what's your plans for dealing with that ?

Can we please have an overhaul or at least revision of the arcane system ?...

And lastly !  can we please get the parazon zip-line in-game as a function ? And give Valkyr a new first ability ?

Q&A is good to see, hoping the community's more intensive (and not just easy) questions get answered this time, especially involving these railjack changes.
-Is the whole-crew-on-ship forced mission structure of the new corpus modes a technical limitation, or a permanent design choice? Really hoping its the former, got enough of being a taxi driver during murex raids :/

-Archmissions being removed/changed when? Adding to that, what will happen with formorian + razorback? Will they be in railjack?
-Archmelee in ground missions and/or on mechs? Few things would be as satisfying as smacking some corpus with the knux.
-Archwing experimental flight and railjack auto-centering toggle when??

-Where is that darkSector trilogy pitchbook you guys showed off in devstream late last year?

-Will that scarlet spear Host or Join option get implemented into railjack(or maybe other) missions in the future? It was REALLY nice QoL to be able to choose to use one's kitted out railjack and not have the RNG of getting into a minimally upgraded one during highlevel content.

-A while ago, it was stated those 'QoL rework batches' like for chroma,zephyr, ash, etc. would happen eventually for most if not all frames, when will we see more of these? A lot of frames could use some minor buffs(exampled hydroid's cast times).
-Leverians for frames already with primes/deluxe skins? The current rate of their production will never match the amount of frames in the game, could we at least get codex paragraphs if leverians are too much work please?

Quite hyped for this devstream, hope it goes well.

There are four main questions I have, and they are ranked of course...

1. will we get Cross-play or Cross-Progression? 
  2. Any chance of performing a major rework on the log-in process on the PC Edition of Warframe? The Console versions show exactly what users would expect when trying to launch a game using a pre-verified marketplaces like Epic Games Store, Steam, and Discord.
  3. Any chance to improve account security during trades? This could be better Integration with the warframe mobile app, a secondary pin/passcode.
  4. Any chance of adding in-game event log of major in-game actions? A 90 day rolling log should be more than enough.

Most of the the questions are general quality of life improvements along with some other improvements to help players long-term. Most of the questions are included as feedback in the following thread ( Improvement: Password-less Login on trusted devices. - Art, Animation, & UI - Warframe Forums )

I wish to stress on the idea of  forceful "core warframe integration" into every single node in railjack? Why can't there be atleast one node where you don't have to leave your railjack and have massive space battles against fighters and crewships? Why are you forcing me to leave my railjack and go do some defence or ext or assassination or sabotage in literally EVERY node? Part of the reason why I liked Gian point was because I didn't have to leave the ship like other nodes which had me board galleon, asteroid bases etc. You don't have to force integrate core warframe. When I heard you bringing exterminate, defence etc to railjack, I was under the impression that all these things can be done with railjack. Like exterminate with railjack, defence with railjack, mobile defence with railjack but no. I really like the idea of core gameplay integration, but I don't like the idea of it being in literally every mode, when update launched, it was all cool and all but later it just becomes repetitive and leaving railjack to do some defence / ext or disabling some priority targe becomes annoying. That's just my Personal opinion. 

Loving the changes to railjack so far! They have me eager to await the next several rounds of updates with Corpus Queenpins and voidstorms.

The ability to use void relics in railjack missions will create a large amount of replayability for railjack overall.

Question: Will there eventually be a way or some kind of plexus mod that lets us scan railjack enemies while inside the railjack? It is difficult as it is now to get scans on certain enemy types. Was also wondering if the codex in general has plans to get updated with the newer UI and present more information on enemies than currently available.

Question: I have noticed that the dry docks in the relays do not let you interact with the research console to start rising tide and build your Railjack, is this intended or simply something that has been missed? If it was intended I’d be eager to know why and if there’s any chance of it being added in the future?

3 hours ago, BatVenomPL said:

Is this still planned to be incorporated into Railjack?

I think [DE]Steve's comment is not to be taken literally. He said Railjack will "replace" the Orbiter, but then described them existing in tandem to prevent quests from breaking. So I think we already have the vision of being able to access our RJ from within our Orbiter without needing to load into our dojo.

At least that's how I interpret the situation.

Is it possible to add a system similar to Valence Fusion to converted Kuva Lich? Reduce randomness for Kuva lich hunting

I want to be able to make my Kuva Lich crewmate that I favor has better health/shield stats and weapon dmg%, maybe by "fusing" or "consuming" another converted lich. It'd be awesome!

Like Kuva Lich 1 10kHP/5kshield 30% weapon  -> Lich 2 11kHP/6kshield 45% weapon = Kuva Lich 1 11kHP/6kshield 50%weapon

With the Prime cycle now entering the age of Warframes having signature weapons, like Octavia's Tenora and Pandero getting the Prime treatment, does this mean that we can expect much more predictable weapons for future Prime Access? There are some good ones to be had, but there are also still some gaps left to be filled like a Primed Whip, Machete, Blade & Whip, Speargun, Archgun and Archmelee to name a few.

Thought of another actual question: with the addition of Amalgam and Requiem mods, there's now precedent for mods with unique functions having unique appearances. Would you consider altering the look of the corrupted mods?

I'll cop to this being because I can't keep them apart in my head from the regular gold mods.

7 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

DevstreamNumberTemplate_153.pngHi Everyone!

Join us this Friday, March 26th at 2 p.m ET for Devstream #153 / Home Devstream #13!

We will be at the usual place (twitch.tv/warframe) with the Devstream crew of Steve, Sheldon, Geoff, Scott and I.

Our main focus is another Q&A and of course, a discussion on all things Corpus Proxima & The New Railjack. 

We’ll also be covering:

- 8 Year Anniversary Plans and what to expect!
- Call of the Tempestarii Launch Window
And… Drumroll …
- Xbox Series X/S Launch Window!

Don’t miss it -  watch to earn a Twitch Drop of a Rush Repair Drone, and look forward to 2 Gift of the Lotus Alerts after the stream! 

See you at 2 p.m ET on at twitch.tv/warframe (Or, if you're on Switch, check us out on Youtube: https://youtube.com/playwarframe)

This Thread will lock at 10 a.m ET on Friday, March 26th -  get your questions in here! 

Can we get an update on how modular Archwings are coming along?

Hello, I have a couple of questions:

1. You mentioned a "Wildcard Requiem mod" a while back - is there news on it?

2. Any news on "Pets 2.0"? Can you at least tell us what we can expext eventually?

3. Now that the Plexus has different modding sections, are there plans to implement such on weapons and Warframes? So we don't have to choose between QoL/Fashion, Augments or overall frame performance.

4. Is there a way to put the ability to change loadouts between Railjack missions without having to return to the Dry Dock? That includes Warframe and Plexus.

5. Will there be a way to obtain Tennogen items without the need to log in through Steam?

6. Are you planning to expand the categories available for Tennogen skins? For example - Bows, Companions and Railjack?

7. Is there a way for us to get unified loadouts? Pplease, allow us to also customize all of it on a single config - Warframe, Companion, Archwing, Necramechs, Operator and Gear.

My reasoning:
-Well, Warframes and Pets change all the time, they have always been tied together.
-However, having to go to a completely different menu/part of the ship in order to change that isn't ideal.
-The other thing is the Gear - if not tied to a single Loadout, at least give us the a bility to create dedicated Gear loadouts, and eventually the ability to change the order in which lures, spears, baits and pheromones appear on their own gear wheels.
-We can make an Archwing loadout - but that affects only the Archwing, Archgun and Archmelee. If you don't combine all loadout segments into one, can you at least unify all of the "Vehicle" components under a single loadout, what we currently have for Archwing?

42 minutes ago, LillyRaccune said:

I think [DE]Steve's comment is not to be taken literally. He said Railjack will "replace" the Orbiter, but then described them existing in tandem to prevent quests from breaking. So I think we already have the vision of being able to access our RJ from within our Orbiter without needing to load into our dojo.

At least that's how I interpret the situation.

From how I understood it, I believe he meant that Railjack would also have the same functionality as the Orbiter, which was probably the plan at least in the early stages of Railjack, since in the first trailer we had for it, there was a Foundry, and up until 29.10 there was an Arsenal in the Railjack, but now it has been removed.

I'll ask some questions on the off chance that they get seen.

1. On the previous Devstream, you had made it known that Sevagoth's shadow, and its claws, were moddable separately from Sevagoth himself. In response to this I ask if there are plans to give this treatment to Equinox as well? She was the first "form change" frame, and having her Day and Night forms modded separately, apart from the Aura slot, would be a nice treat for her dedicated fans.

2. The Paris Prime mod, Bhisaj-Sal, is allowed in the Exilus slot. Will the other pure Status Chance mods, like Rifle Aptitude or Sure Shot, be upgraded to Exilus in the future? I would also ask to consider the Sniper mod Sharpshooter as a possible Exilus option since Energizing Shot exists and performs a comparable function in my opinion.

3. For Pets 2.0, when the dev team is finally able to get a chance to touch on, would there be a possibility for our non-robotic companions to have their claws/talons/etc. be their own modding section?

4. This is a big one, but has the idea of introducing more Umbral mods been talked about? I think that, were you to introduce something like an Umbral Stretch or Umbral Redirection, while implementing a limit on the number of Umbral mods on a given config slot, could give some more build possibilities to frames who do not get to benefit as much from the current Umbral mods.

4.5, In the same vein, would you ever consider giving the other Set mods the same treatment of boosting the base characteristic if multiple of the set are equipped at once, same as the Umbral and Sacrificial sets?

Those are my questions. As a console player I don't have the new Railjack update yet so my questions are not focused on it. I do hope someone see these. I'll see you on the Devstream!

Archived