Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack and warframe energy question

(PSN)Silver1593

Question

9 answers to this question

51 minutes ago, Srovy said:

There is also a (railjack) aura mod which increases efficiency by an additive 6% or something around that 

Yeah but using onslaught matrix when your railjack can kill everything almost instantly with a turret build, for a 6% battle avionic cost and boosting damage that nets you nothing at that point, is kind of silly when you could use Ironclad matrix and have the best of all worlds. Railjack being dependent on energy is a real drag... primed flow, preparation, high energy base frame, pizzas , zenurik. I would rather go back to Flux and have something to do in the railjack honestly.

1 hour ago, Nichivo said:

Yeah but using onslaught matrix when your railjack can kill everything almost instantly with a turret build, for a 6% battle avionic cost and boosting damage that nets you nothing at that point, is kind of silly when you could use Ironclad matrix and have the best of all worlds. Railjack being dependent on energy is a real drag... primed flow, preparation, high energy base frame, pizzas , zenurik. I would rather go back to Flux and have something to do in the railjack honestly.

I just lavos cause I'm lazy and ironclad doesn't really do anything imo since you're practically immortal anyways and can craft more max health, I use either orgone or onslaught since they are the only ones that help dps at all

18 minutes ago, Srovy said:

I just lavos cause I'm lazy and ironclad doesn't really do anything imo since you're practically immortal anyways and can craft more max health, I use either orgone or onslaught since they are the only ones that help dps at all

Why do you need more dps? Or how do you plan to kill things faster than instantly?

Toss on onslaught go sit in front of a destroyer platform in the veil, then toss on ironclad matrix and sit in front of the same destroyer platform and say it does nothing. Ironclad is the best option bar none from a purely numbers standpoint. 

Great idea lets all play Lavos. I was complaining that the energy system is frame restrictive, and your response is to make it more restrictive. 

20 minutes ago, Nichivo said:

Why do you need more dps? Or how do you plan to kill things faster than instantly?

Toss on onslaught go sit in front of a destroyer platform in the veil, then toss on ironclad matrix and sit in front of the same destroyer platform and say it does nothing. Ironclad is the best option bar none from a purely numbers standpoint. 

Great idea lets all play Lavos. I was complaining that the energy system is frame restrictive, and your response is to make it more restrictive. 

Why wouldn't I need more dps? The extra efficiency/heat cap simple helps to shave off a few seconds of downtime which all add up. why would I be sitting in front of a destroyer platform in the veil? Also it's not like 25% health/shield/armor would save me then and not like it would need to given how free repairs are. my railjack hardly ever goes into catastrophic failure unless I leave the room entirely. and when it does it's free and automatic to repair, so I'd rather have to worry less about energy cost or heat acreation. as for using lavos this is purely a personal choice for me because I'm lazy and don't want to worry about refreshing energy pool, though I do agree that energy is restrictive and I would prefer the old flux energy system

6 hours ago, Srovy said:

Why wouldn't I need more dps? 

my railjack hardly ever goes into catastrophic failure

if it takes 10k damage to kill something and you are able to do 11k damage instantly, what are you gaining by doing 12,750k instantly?

I prefer never going into catastrophic failure myself, but to each his own I suppose. You forgot the nifty shield regen increase.

It's only 15% on turrets at 100% hull, the 25% while over 80% shield, neither bonus will be up that often, the 20% chance to reflect is ok, but when the stuff is dead why would you need to reflect damage, basically you are using it for 6% eff to battle avionics, so a seeker volley(that you are going to fire at the dead stuff?) that cost 200 energy to cast becomes 188. Seems like a plan I guess.

200 energy? Where'd that number come from? Seeker volley costs 102 energy WITH the extra 6% efficiency from the aura and 130 Without when you've maxed your intrinsics.

Being able to cast the fastest-killing weapons system twice as often is much help in allowing you to use other frames than Lavos without having to visit the forge to restore energy every 10 seconds, if you're playing solo. Which, you would likely be doing considering how RARE it is to find someone in public matchmaking in void storms, let alone players who would cooperate and properly man the Forge.

As for the defensive aura that increases hull integrity.. I don't see why anyone should use that considering how, as mentioned, you already are immortal anyway.

Archived