Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack Update and what it did to pets.

Atma2862

For the last few days now after the update hit PC, our pets has taken a severe hit, literally.
I for one am heartbroken because I like many others have spent a lot of time and effort into all my pets to try to keep them alive in steel path missions and everything else.
Yet now our beloved pets can no longer survive the lowest levels of lich missions.
I sincerely hope it’s not plan to keep it this way, because I like many others take pride in my companions and don’t want all that work that we put into them to be for nothing.

Hi there @Atma2862 and welcome to the Forums!

Update 30 has not been released yet (the most recent Update is U 29.10.4 on PC)
Oh well, maybe you just got the number wrong.  

Spoiler

* puts on tinfoil-hat *
Or MAYBE you are from the Future!!! Share your knowledge about U30 Call of the Tempestarii O.O
Or you already wrote a thread about U30 but created it too early! If so, please wait for U30 with the "I don't like this update!!" threads like others.
unknown.png

sry, had to include my weird-not-so-serious-thoughts. Moving on^^'

I personally do not use a lot of pets, so please explain with more information what changed for you! Are they no longer following you around? Do they run inside enemy groups more often? Or are the overall stats simply not as good as they were before U 29.10. (e.g. less health/shield)?

Cheers,
Fabpsi~

2 minutes ago, Atma2862 said:

hardly the point.

Nah i was just really confused on the update numbers. Even if its not the point it just brings confusion XD

To be honest companions in general needs a little look up because right now Vulpaphyla kinda has the upper hand along with the djinn on survavibility.

I'm speaking mostly with my Smeeta Kavat, Chesa Kubrow and Huras Kubrow.
they can no longer take a hit, taking a lot of damage faster then they used to, I can't keep them on there feet in missions anymore.
yet before the update i had it where thy can stay up in steel path missions without a problem.
With the mods out right now i can't fix the problem, they are as tanky as I can get them.

Update 40 and what it did to duviri 😋

On topic I started to use my helios to scan and I haven't noticed it dying so far (altho added prime regen on it finally). Did a few runs right after the patch with smeta but it was pretty "immortal" as allways.  The build I use to got no or just 1 attack mod as made a pure support buff build for my smeta.

18 minutes ago, Atma2862 said:

I'm speaking mostly with my Smeeta Kavat, Chesa Kubrow and Huras Kubrow.
they can no longer take a hit, taking a lot of damage faster then they used to, I can't keep them on there feet in missions anymore.
yet before the update i had it where thy can stay up in steel path missions without a problem.
With the mods out right now i can't fix the problem, they are as tanky as I can get them.

Can you post a screenshot of your loadout for the pets you are experiencing this issue with?

A lot of Link mods there. Are you playing the same Warframe as before? Given that you have Link Health and Link Armour but not Link Shields (Calculated Redirection, instead), I'm going to take a guess that you're typically playing something like Inaros, Nidus, Atlas or Grendel. If you swap from them to something shield-heavy like Hyldrin or Mag or some such, the pet loses a LOT of durability with that build. I suspect you know this already, but I'm having to guess with limited information here.

Also apropos of nothing - why Hastened Deflection? All that does is speed up your shield regen. Pets have next to no shields to speak of, you aren't giving them any via Link Shields and Hastened Deflection doesn't reduce shield recharge delay. I would be shocked if that's actually doing much if anything.

Might just be a coincidence, but there was another thread with similar issues. When I was playing with friends against any enemies that didn't get 1-shot our pets did seem to go down more often than usual. 

My 2 ideas why this might be the case are both related to AI(if there is something going on and it's not just confirmation bias):

1. Companions seem to follow slower. I would run past a group of enemies and get 70-100m away from them, yet my pet would still be close enough to take damage and be downed.(then instantly teleport to me to be revived since I'm already in another title.)

2. Enemies might have updated priority targets. Standing near my pet he would go down before I do, although I have all EHP link mods equipped on him.(health, armour and shields)

1 hour ago, Steel_Rook said:

A lot of Link mods there. Are you playing the same Warframe as before? Given that you have Link Health and Link Armour but not Link Shields (Calculated Redirection, instead), I'm going to take a guess that you're typically playing something like Inaros, Nidus, Atlas or Grendel. If you swap from them to something shield-heavy like Hyldrin or Mag or some such, the pet loses a LOT of durability with that build. I suspect you know this already, but I'm having to guess with limited information here.

Also apropos of nothing - why Hastened Deflection? All that does is speed up your shield regen. Pets have next to no shields to speak of, you aren't giving them any via Link Shields and Hastened Deflection doesn't reduce shield recharge delay. I would be shocked if that's actually doing much if anything.

Nothing has changed in my builds, the reason I don’t use shield link it’s because I play as a chroma with a decaying Dragon Key, so shield link we do absolutely no good in that case.

22 minutes ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

Not it’s exactly the point. You can’t go smack talking what unreleased updates did to something when none of us have any idea what said unreleased update contains.

Pretty sure he just thought the current update is 30

1 hour ago, Kraethius said:

Pet AI is pretty broken atm. They're hyperaggressive and won't follow you, leaving them more often than not for dead.

Oh interesting. I didn't notice anything with my MOA. Is it just the animal pets?

50 minutes ago, Ryusuta said:

Oh interesting. I didn't notice anything with my MOA. Is it just the animal pets?

No idea. Haven't tried anything aside Smeeta and Panzer which both run off somewhere to get their butt kicked, At least Panzer is immortal.

I did notice that pathing on pet ai is wonkier than normal.

I would often look for my pets, only to find them multiple rooms away covered in enemies. Typically in missions this would only happen once, maybe twice, before they would warp. Today in every mission I went into with a pet, they simply wouldn't warp at all, leaving them to go down triple or quadruple the amount of times they normally do.

It almost feels as like if they attract aggro, then they're being denied the ability to warp -- but I'm not sure what exactly is going on.

Archived