Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack Update and what it did to pets.

Atma2862

4 hours ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

Not it’s exactly the point. You can’t go smack talking what unreleased updates did to something when none of us have any idea what said unreleased update contains.

The OP gets to decide what the point of the thread is. Cleary they are not talking about an update that hasn’t launched yet, it only takes a modicum of common sense to realise they were referring to the most recent update.

On 2021-03-24 at 8:44 PM, Kraethius said:

Pet AI is pretty broken atm. They're hyperaggressive and won't follow you, leaving them more often than not for dead.

I like them hyper-aggressive.  I glance at the map, and my kavats are in the next room, gleefully slaughtering everything with abandon.  And for some reason my pets simply won't die.  (Ivara....)

On 2021-03-26 at 8:03 AM, vegetosayajin said:

Didn't unequip the panzer thing from the first day it came to the game last year, never had any problem with pets after that(because I never use anything else).
So good luck with all the other dying pets. XD

Well that’s less than helpful, although of course if the panzer was one that was bugged to the point of unusable you would be raising hell and then how would you feel if the rest of us say well good luck with that?

On 2021-03-26 at 6:00 AM, Rachel_Darc said:

I like them hyper-aggressive.  I glance at the map, and my kavats are in the next room, gleefully slaughtering everything with abandon.  And for some reason my pets simply won't die.  (Ivara....)

Who knows; maybe they'll turn this bug into a feature and have like... a pet aggression level setting that you can adjust at some point.

23 hours ago, Atma2862 said:

Well that’s less than helpful, although of course if the panzer was one that was bugged to the point of unusable you would be raising hell and then how would you feel if the rest of us say well good luck with that?

I'll just move on to the next thing that works even if it dies, been like this for years, that why the panzer is a breath of fresh air.
The helpful thing will be all sentinels and pets to have an auto-revive mechanic because pets are essentially a moving vacuum with a little bonus.
So yes, it is helpful, because until  de makes pets immortal and you are free to equip the thing that is fun/efficient, the panzer(all the other cats from deimos) are the one and only choice for people that don't want to bother with dying pets/sentinels.

7 hours ago, vegetosayajin said:

The helpful thing will be all sentinels and pets to have an auto-revive mechanic because pets are essentially a moving vacuum with a little bonus.

This. So annoying to have my Helios Prime get nuked by AoE in a Steel Path mission right away >.>

20 hours ago, vegetosayajin said:

I'll just move on to the next thing that works even if it dies, been like this for years, that why the panzer is a breath of fresh air.
So yes, it is helpful, because until  de makes pets immortal and you are free to equip the thing that is fun/efficient, the panzer(all the other cats from deimos) are the one and only choice for people that don't want to bother with dying pets/sentinels.

Sorry to say but it has not been that way for years, that’s the whole reason for this particular thread/topic I and various others have successfully built their pets that are not from the infested open world to survive even in steel path, but it seems like you missed what I was trying to say in the original post. The fact of the matter is, Things are not working the way that they were before the update, so again your comment was less than helpful because builder such as myself had got past that problem, that is to say until this new update made more problems.

Let’s make something perfectly clear, I am far from some new player that doesn’t know what they’re doing, I’m MR 29 and 37 years old, been playing video games for most of my life and I have a pretty good head on my shoulders, the problem is not within the build and it is not a problem that was going on before the update.

The problem only arose recently, after the update. Which is the reason for this topic, so if we can get past all the unnecessary garbage about what other people use because it’s easy or what people claim to be ‘meta’ that would be great, because I’ve built a lot of frames, weapons and a lot of other things that go beyond what people use and call ‘meta’.

4 hours ago, Atma2862 said:

Sorry to say but it has not been that way for years, that’s the whole reason for this particular thread/topic I and various others have successfully built their pets that are not from the infested open world to survive even in steel path

Survive in steel path to how much...half an hour, 2 max? And I'm not talking about camping in a room, but actually playing the game.
In arbitrations for example I know that my smeeta will die somewhere around the 1-1.5 hour mark even if it survived fine until then, not to mention other pets or sentinels(except the reviving sentinel)
My point was(that you missed) to have a companion(vacuum) that will survive no matter what.
Because DE will fix this bug right now, but that doesn't mean that pets will stop dying, they will get stuck(like they did for years), they will attack something they are not supposed to. 
You missed my point entirely - it was that you can't depend on other sentinels/pets 100%, not that there is no bug right now.
And my other point was that companions need a rework because even if they fix this ai bug rn they will still die.

p.s. I equipped my smeeta i run a couple of missions(vail, steel path, eso) and it didn't die once, is the bug fixed?

I am currently experiencing this *exact* issue.

--

I was doing a lich defense mission (lich level 1) and I noticed my Smeeta Kavat, despite not having any attack mods on besides the Tek mods, began attacking enemies really far away from my warframe. There were no enemies by my Warframe - it was merely standing beside the defense objective sorta watching the interaction from afar (without attacking).

Archived