Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feature Request: Force Client to be the Host or make Dedicated Server!

fuba82

Game STRONGLY needs a "Force Client to be the Host" feature or simply Dedicated Servers instead of P2P Connections.

Especially in the new Railjack Missions i want to play with MY Ship and maybe some Random Players who can join me...
But for now it's totally Random and if you're unlucky you can get 10 Low Level Ships after another...
If you're more unlucky you can get Low Level Ships with also a bad connection -> Double Jackpot?!

For example my Internet is "good" compared with many others by default, BUT last 2 weeks i also got many Problems because of a Broken dispatcher at my Provider's Distribution center.
In that case i would have to had a "solution" my Client should not be Host at all, but there is non and the "Maximum Ping" Settings just seem "Decorative" -> means they do not work at all and never worked!

Also out there are SO MANY People with slow Internet Connection and/or slow Hardware, would it not be better to have a Feature to just Enableto Force or Prioritize People with Better Connection and/or Hardware to be the Host or even Disable to be a Host at all?!

The ONLY way for me now is to play solo to prevent getting poor connections or Low Level Railjack Ships in a Multiplayer Game?!
There must be another Way!

greetings

The old system was perfect. Want to play your ship? No problem! Want to join another crew? Just one click!

Now I have to leave and reload until I finally RNG my way onto my own damn ship if I want to play in a public lobby using the stuff I made.

3 hours ago, PhiThagRaid said:

Yup, still waiting for option for "always host", "standard" and "always client". They already have they wait for party option, but it always makes you host, no way to be a client while waiting.

Me too.... 

That might actually bring me back !!!

13 minutes ago, zakaryx said:

The old system was perfect. Want to play your ship? No problem! Want to join another crew? Just one click!

Oh yeah... I completely forgot about that.... It was literally the only thing I liked about Railjack.

Which is funny because it seems like everyone else hated it.

Edit:

Hang on.... I could be wrong here.... Maybe it wasn't changed because people hated it maybe it was changed because it was killing that game mode all together.... 

The change was to increase Traffic... Not to make it more convenient I think 🤔

Has there been any statement that this is intentional and not a glitch? I recall newer players tended to enjoy the good ship I had configured for my clan and them. It's disappointing that I wind up on so many default ships now and do not know that the host, intended to host, nor that DE intends matchmaking to work this way.

BTW The actual flow of the game is awesome now and so I hope this is some funky glitch that will get patched out. Flowing from mission to mission is what the initial promise of Railjack was and it's awesome.

• 3 weeks later...

The "Call of the Tempestarii" Update now shows the same Problem again...

Many "Low Ships" now "try" to start Missions in Veil Proxima to farm the new Warframe (what is totally understandable)
BUT the Missions Fail in seconds... -> NOT because any of the Player's fail there Objectives...
NO, it's just because this "Low Ships" are wrecked in 1-2 seconds!

And now the actual Situation:
One Player (supposed Host) just wanted to JOIN a Game because he is aware of his "Low Ship" OR his "Low Internet Connection" but instead he will get the HOST, because of the stupid FCFS (First Come, First Serve) Queue...
What happens?

Worst Case Scenario:

1. The Host leave as soon as he can (because he know this will not work) -> Host Mitigation to ANOTHER "Low Ship" owner
    What Happens now?

1. This host also leaves -> Host Mitigation to ANOTHER "Low Ship" owner -> Loop until no player is left
    2. Host stay and Ship wreckage in seconds -> all other Players leave the Game

2. Host stay and Ship wreckage in seconds -> all other Players leave the Game

This is really a worst case scenario BUT it can happen...
The "chance" this can happen will be drastically reduced if there is a "Force Host" feature!
Sure there will be some Trolls out there who still will Abuse this Feature, but nothing is Troll safe!

Am 25.3.2021 um 05:00 schrieb un.bosque:

Has there been any statement that this is intentional and not a glitch? I recall newer players tended to enjoy the good ship I had configured for my clan and them. It's disappointing that I wind up on so many default ships now and do not know that the host, intended to host, nor that DE intends matchmaking to work this way.

BTW The actual flow of the game is awesome now and so I hope this is some funky glitch that will get patched out. Flowing from mission to mission is what the initial promise of Railjack was and it's awesome.

Huh, what "glitch"?
The "new" Railjack queue now is exactly like "standard" queues, so this is 100% intended.
But this overall is a stupid system called FCFS (First Come, First Serve)

I'm sure the "old" Railjack queue was bugged and/or not intended, but still better!

The Problem is, the "FCFS Queue" is garbage, for standard queues and especially for Railjack...
And im SURE that is "one" of the Problems why Railjack never will be played that much as Standard Game modes!

So i really HOPE the Game will get the Requested Feature soon!

Actually the Scenario for me (and most likely any other player) is very simple:

1. Go and get the "new" Stuff as fast as possible (luckily already did that) by joining Public groups and torment myself or simply just do it solo (as i did)...
  2. Leave Railjack FAR behind 
  3. Hopefully no need to play Railjack again soon!

Edit:
The "new fun" is now "Session unavailable" on many Public Railjack missions, i think because the Hosts closed the Game before someone can join :P
What reason can hide behind this?! :D

Am 14.4.2021 um 10:57 schrieb DrivaMain:

The old Railjack hosting system IS intentional. It’s that DE changing something that is not broken.

The "old" system now IS no longer existent!
If so (but i dont think so) then it "was" intentional ^^

Archived