Kill It With Fire

Question

Hello Tenno,

There is a challenge named Kill It With Fire and it require us to burn 100 infested pods. I tried it with ignis but it didn't work. The pods simply bursted out infested too fast before it can be destroyed by burning. Then I tried with bramma with only heat mods... also 0/100. Anyone tried with anything that worked?

Previously all 3 challenges from Deimos update has been bugged and not completable. Now 2 of them can be completed except this one. I wonder is it still bugged.

EDIT: I think this challenge is still bugged. I clearly see the infested spawn pods' health bar fully depleted but the challenge is still 0/100.

Edited by kyori
  • Like 1

19 answers to this question

All the deimos achievements are bugged and unobtainable (as far as I know) but should be patched fairly soon

Edited by Srovy
  • Like 1

Another thread here on the forums is saying none of the deimos challenges work and that they are probably deliberately disabled because steam I guess.  I don't really get it but there ya go.  It's a thread from a few months ago, but my own profile as all of them at 0, and I've pretty much finished deimos except cosmetics. 

The other two (riding velocipods and killing juggernauts) are working now but this one I can't complete it either, the pods burst too quick, I tried slowing them down with nova & amesha but that didn't work.

• Like 1

Kill it with Fire I'm going to guess is when you active an oblisk and burn the pods as they start to grow or doing a bounty where they also grow.

Going out to test it now, at least some of the challenges are fixed I want to finish off the last three.

If my ignis doesn't work fast enough I'm going to equip a heat arcane on my operator.

edit:
I was burning them before they spawned a critter so don't think The Burn it With Fire is working.

The other two are working.

Edited by Slayer-.
35 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

Just out of curiosity, is it really open world specific?

... Don't Infested Pods spawned by boilers count for it?

Either Kill it With Fire is still busted, or they just don't count.

I tested it multiple times in a survival with multiple boiler spawns. 

• Like 2
vor einer Stunde schrieb Nichivo:

What did they do with all the juggernauts though, 1 in 5 hours is just bad.

Concerning Juggernauts - do Bounty 3 or 4 at Mothers during VOME and you should be good after the first 5 minutes ...

another thing, now that the Velocipod challenge is fixed, there are hardly any Velocipods around anymore on Deimos.

Them and their fixes  - fix one thing mess up another, often unrelated and not mutually exclusive. What goes on there ?

But then still hey...  I managed and so will you.

If you are lucky you will find a purple velo right after the Necralisk exit zone when you are heading West-South-West into the Undulatum ravine but no need to go too far in. Either you spot one or you dont. Ride one, then leave immediately and reenter - best done solo. Its simply not worth looking for one if you dont find one on the spot, and the respawn mechanic on them doesnt work either at the moment. So thats that.

Kill it with Fire is not doable atm.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, -TSA-warramssie said:

Concerning Juggernauts - do Bounty 3 or 4 at Mothers during VOME and you should be good after the first 5 minutes ...

another thing, now that the Velocipod challenge is fixed, there are hardly any Velocipods around anymore on Deimos.

Them and their fixes  - fix one thing mess up another, often unrelated and not mutually exclusive. What goes on there ?

But then still hey...  I managed and so will you.

If you are lucky you will find a purple velo right after the Necralisk exit zone when you are heading West-South-West into the Undulatum ravine but no need to go too far in. Either you spot one or you dont. Ride one, then leave immediately and reenter - best done solo. Its simply not worth looking for one if you dont find one on the spot, and the respawn mechanic on them doesnt work either at the moment. So thats that.

Kill it with Fire is not doable atm.

Oddly enough I have been doing bounty 4. well once you have 20 of the velocipods they come back out of the woodwork.

Tested with Cortege too. Mb can try it with status effect with LIMBO? XD But i think they are grows inside   even with  time stopping

I have tried enough different things on "kill it with fire" that I am confident in saying it's the only Deimos challenge that is still bugged.

21 minutes ago, Nichivo said:

I have tried enough different things on "kill it with fire" that I am confident in saying it's the only Deimos challenge that is still bugged.

Same here been testing as well, that's the last challenge I cannot complete, damn bugs, I'm stuck at 207/208.

2021-04-20 still not working, I accidentally noticed Jugger-Not was working and tried Bug Out Ride also, both worked and completed them, but yeah I've tried burning the pods around requiem pillars with cortege, doesn't register.

I also have an issue with Joyride not showing as completed in steam (I have completed it in-game, and tried flying around more, but nope), but steam also doesn't have a bunch of the new stuff like the 3 deimos ones, it's really weird.

Edited by KriLL3

On 2021-03-30 at 1:02 PM, Slayer-. said:

Same here been testing as well, that's the last challenge I cannot complete, damn bugs, I'm stuck at 207/208.

1 minute ago, KriLL3 said:

2021-04-20 still not working, I accidentally noticed Jugger-Not was working and tried Bug Out Ride also, both worked and completed them, but yeah I've tried burning the pods around requiem pillars with cortege, doesn't register.

I also have an issue with Joyride not showing as completed in steam, but steam also doesn't have a bunch of the new stuff like the 3 deimos ones, it's really weird.

Yes a tad annoying for us completist out there. lol