Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Dont Tenno Have Grenades?

ZaBr0m

I really think we should be able to get grenades like the corpus and grineer have I hate running into a room with lots of guys when I don't have energy give me an alternative even if I equip them like I equip health restores and etc....  I want to be able to blow stuff up with loki.

If ninjas only use stealth weapons then why aren't all our weapons silent and all our frames stealth frames and everybody says we mustn't say that stealth is the "right way to play warframe". Seriously Rhino is not ninja or nova or frost

We don't have grenades because we have powers, although it's likely we'll have grenade launchers eventually, already there's the Torid.

Dont jinx it, I don't want launchers, i want thrown grenades!! (because that's just much more bad-&#! feeling) not like an extra thing by any means, Same idea as yours with them fitting in to a weapon slot, I just want like.. A bandolier of grenades! And they could have some nifty grenade bandolier only mods (like with the glaive) to fill them out even more! So far all my other dream weapons have happened, my bandolier-o-boom is next!!!!

Dont jinx it, I don't want launchers, i want thrown grenades!! (because that's just much more bad-&#! feeling) not like an extra thing by any means, Same idea as yours with them fitting in to a weapon slot, I just want like.. A bandolier of grenades! And they could have some nifty grenade bandolier only mods (like with the glaive) to fill them out even more! So far all my other dream weapons have happened, my bandolier-o-boom is next!!!!

Explosive thrown secondary, like an equivalent of kunay or something XD

I'm just saying we won't have grenade like you would find in other shooters, in warframe they would replace a primary or secondary weapon.

Explosive thrown secondary, like an equivalent of kunay or something XD

I'm just saying we won't have grenade like you would find in other shooters, in warframe they would replace a primary or secondary weapon.

Exactly ^_^ but to clarify i wasn't saying don't jinx them never coming ever, i meant don't jinx my grenades in to just being launchers! i want my bandolier-o-boom! XD

Edited by SirEdwin

Because grenades aren't ninja enough.

Now pardon me while I go clear out this Corpus ship with my Ogris.

:p

to be fair that was never ORIGINALLY a tenno weapon, just stolen from the grineer

so if the grineer were to actually have grenades, then I don't see why we couldn't have them added to clan tech as well as their own weapon class

the possibilities...

Because to do justice to the amount of damage a grenade can do they would have to do enough damage to compete with warframe powers and that is something that DE doesn't want for a piece of equipment (though launchers aren't out of the question

The rocket launcher is kind of a pain to use vs. AOE powers, even with it's effectively infinite ammo.

A quickly thrown grenade on the other hand does compete with 1 or 2 slot powers. They actually did experiment with grenades waaaaaay back before open beta. It was DE's opinion they weren't worth the balance hassle.

Edited by ValhaHazred

The rocket launcher is kind of a pain to use vs. AOE powers, even with it's effectively infinite ammo.

A quickly thrown grenade on the other hand does compete with 1 or 2 slot powers. They actually did experiment with grenades waaaaaay back before open beta. It was DE's opinion they weren't worth the balance hassle.

Ah, with that said then, it makes a bit more sense. Thank you :) I do agree with your points on the Ogris too, it's pretty tough to use outside of defense.

Although I wouldn't mind some kind of smoke grenade or noise emitter for distraction purposes (utilitarian grenades for stealth) I'll just reiterate what the majority has stated and say that standard issue frag grenades aren't necessary since abilities are already our grenades/room clearers.