Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Earth forest tile day/night sync with plains

The grineer forest tile should have a match day night cycle to plains.

Right now the tile is on a 4 hour rotation that has no ingame indicator. This makes farming for silver grove apothics frustrating as you have no idea when the next rotation is going to happen if you boot up a mission and are in the wrong time of day. 

Syncing with plains day/night would be alot easier for player farming materials for grove specters and be beneficial towards newer player playing the silver grove quest.

8 minutes ago, (XBOX)The Neko Otaku said:

The grineer forest tile should have a match day night cycle to plains.

Right now the tile is on a 4 hour rotation that has no ingame indicator. This makes farming for silver grove apothics frustrating as you have no idea when the next rotation is going to happen if you boot up a mission and are in the wrong time of day. 

Syncing with plains day/night would be alot easier for player farming materials for grove specters and be beneficial towards newer player playing the silver grove quest.

More like it would punish newer players, don't forget they aren't speed running thru every mission. Four hour rotation actually helps them more than hurts them. 45 minutes for the night cycle would be a punishment, if it was synced to the Plains.

15 minutes ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

Four hour rotation actually helps them more than hurts them.

Would be more helpful if I didn't need a third-party app to tell me when that rotation is.

The concept of having a single day/night cycle for the entire planet Earth is silly in the first place. Whenever the west part is day, the east part should be night.

26 minutes ago, Zeddypanda said:

Would be more helpful if I didn't need a third-party app to tell me when that rotation is.

Is telling time really that hard that you need something to tell you? If you know it is every four hours that it shifts, during your normal play time, you should easily know what cycle is up.

1 minute ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

Literal time itself, literally every four hour interval on a clock.

That four hour number isn't something the game ever lets you in on! Nor when that cutoff is. Am I one hour into the cycle? Three? Will it change the next minute? Is there a good reason that my magic space ship can't tell me what time it is?

I recall when I first did Silver Grove, actually. For me it wasn't a four hour wait, I had to wait four days for it to become weekend. None of the hours I could play after work aligned with whenever earth day time was.

38 minutes ago, Zeddypanda said:

That four hour number isn't something the game ever lets you in on! Nor when that cutoff is. Am I one hour into the cycle? Three? Will it change the next minute? Is there a good reason that my magic space ship can't tell me what time it is?

I recall when I first did Silver Grove, actually. For me it wasn't a four hour wait, I had to wait four days for it to become weekend. None of the hours I could play after work aligned with whenever earth day time was.

This is true..  But having been with the game since long before the day/night cycle was introduced I can tell you eventually worked into 12:00 (Day),16:00 (Night), 20:00 (Day), 00:00 (Night), 04:00 (Day) and 08:00 (Night) based on Eastern Standard Time (GMT-5) as set by DE being located in London, Ontario Canada.  Adjust based on local time zones for the player.  What gets even more frustrating is when it adjusts based on Daylight Savings Time as it doesn't use UTC which does not run on Daylight Standard/Daylight Savings Time.  

However, like so many other tests for game mechanics introduced to the game, DE has long since moved on and practically forgotten the old day night mode for the rest of Earth and is now instead focusing on the new mechanic du jour currently being worked on in the game: and that's Railjack and Corpus Railjack..  

If the changes with the material requirements for Vestan Moss is an indication -- it'll probably take even longer before they get enough complaints about it and DE says, "we need to work on a clock within the orbiter to track that."  Otherwise we still have: Warframe Hub (warframestat.us) which has an Earth Cycle timer at the top that tracks that information for us....  With some lag for the site to update.  

Given that they have timers for all the open world cycles they should at least list Earth as another timer. Syncing it with Plains would just make a lot more sense logically.

Otherwise as stated above it makes no sense that the whole planet is on the same timezone, they could split all the nodes into their own timezones, that way there could always be atleast 1 node that is day/night, allowing Silver Grove farming to be done at anytime. If all the nodes had the same day/night length they could even allow the Earth to be animated allowing players to easily see which nodes are on night time and which are on day time.

13 hours ago, Zeddypanda said:

Also consider that not everyone has a 4 hour play session everyday to get to the right time frame, alot people have jobs and thing to do in life.

9 hours ago, (XBOX)The Neko Otaku said:

Also consider that not everyone has a 4 hour play session everyday to get to the right time frame, alot people have jobs and thing to do in life.

Yeah exactly! That's why I had to wait until the weekend to get day plants.

How would it ruin things for newbs if the time of day in normal earth nodes were synched to plains??  

Its going to make it BETTER for them.   the only thing the time of day matters for on earth nodes is collecting plants.   This will make it far easier to collect day/night plants if it swaps every @hour.   

If your saying newbs cant see plains time of day cuz they dont have access ??? I dont know when they get access.   I DO know they would be able to ask in QnA(like they do now) and get an answer instantly because nobody would have to do stupid mental gymnastics.  

--------------------

I want normal node/ plains time of day synced for myself and for newbs lol.   

6 hours ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

How would it ruin things for newbs if the time of day in normal earth nodes were synched to plains??  

This will make it far easier to collect day/night plants if it swaps every @hour. 

Cetus day lasts for 90 minutes while Cetus day lasts for 45, so there's considerably more day than night. I still think the benefits of being able to know what time of day it is and the full cycle fitting within a reasonable play session is better, although I'd much prefer a system where day and night are accessible simultaneously on different nodes. Then you could simply hover over a node and see the name displayed as "Everest (Capture, Day)"

• 2 weeks later...

Archived