Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Easy Fix For Mesa's Ballistic Battery

(PSN)platinumceiling

This ability is actually pretty great with numbers and performance, but it has a MAJOR flaw that ruins it: the casting animation.

I suggest making it have no casting animation at all, and let us activate it while aiming. These 2 simple changes would drastically improve this ability, and it would make players use it as a regular part of Mesa's kit, as it should be.

26 minutes ago, (PSN)platinumceiling said:

This ability is actually pretty great with numbers and performance

It is ? 😮

Since when ? 🧐

4 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

I agree that Ballistic Battery has never been bad, it's just been clunky to use. I mean I once used it to save some newbies from the Grustrag, one-hit kill headshot felt awesome. Should be a one-handed action definitely

I thought you could always one shot these Guys without the need for abilities.... I kill them by Accident so Often...

1 hour ago, TARINunit9 said:

That's Zanuka Hunter. G3 can actually take a punch, especially back in 2017

Nope it's I'm pretty it was The Three Stooges.... The only one I don't kill by accident is whichever one carries the Shield.... But if he happens to be facing someone else he dies pretty Quick.... The only time one of these Bastards got me was when I was in some non standard Game mode and they Captured Me.... But other than that those guys are indistinguishable from normal enemies.

35 minutes ago, (PSN)Deeceem said:

Eh? The easy "fix" (as in making it less useless) would be to remove the cap.

Yeah that's the thing about Battery that Cap is WAAAAAÀAAAAAY too low.... That thing feels like it's suppose to outperform Every Single Shot weapon in the game... But it doesn't 😞... Why ? 

34 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Nope it's I'm pretty it was The Three Stooges.... The only one I don't kill by accident is whichever one carries the Shield

Again, that's Zanuka Hunter, buuuuuut

35 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

But other than that those guys are indistinguishable from normal enemies.

Despite having way more health, this is still true because DE didn't realize "the opposite of Stalker (more durable but vulnerable to Warframe powers)" is just "normal enemies"

7 hours ago, Lutesque said:

I know what Zanuuka Looks like 

Yes but what about what Zanuka Hunter? The fact you know what the G3 look like is a testament that they can survive for any length of time at all. Zanuka Hunter tends to die before you even realize it spawned

3 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

Yes but what about what Zanuka Hunter? The fact you know what the G3 look like is a testament that they can survive for any length of time at all. Zanuka Hunter tends to die before you even realize it spawned

Isn't that the case with all the Invaders ?

The especially Red Veil and it's Adorable little Chargers ? 😛

I although I remember Hexis Invaders being particularly Troublesome to get Rid of....

On 2021-03-25 at 12:57 PM, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

I'd rather give it a duration. So activate it --> store damage --> reactivate and gain a duration where the accumulated damage is added to each shot. Something like 5-8 seconds.

Now that's a great idea. And give the shot infinite Punch Through as well, like the Fluctus. Or if it's that much of an issue (it shouldn't be) just make it body Punch Through (like with the Ignis). But I don't think a single projectile having infinite Punch Through is a problem as they're fine with the Fluctus having it, and it's projectiles are MASSIVE compared to a single, small bullet.

On 2021-03-25 at 8:18 AM, TARINunit9 said:

I agree that Ballistic Battery has never been bad, it's just been clunky to use. I mean I once used it to save some newbies from the Grustrag, one-hit kill headshot felt awesome. Should be a one-handed action definitely

i mean Volt literally has the same ability but as a passive and all he needs to do is move around, or use an augment that fills it pretty fast

this ability is bad because it's too much effort and inputs without much of a worthwhile output.

all that for ONE SHOT? 

On 2021-03-25 at 12:15 PM, TARINunit9 said:

Zanuka Hunter tends to die before you even realize it spawned

She dies before Salad V can even utter a syllable.

On 2021-03-25 at 3:25 PM, Lutesque said:

I although I remember Hexis Invaders being particularly Troublesome to get Rid of....

New Loka...Bounce No GIF

2 hours ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

i mean Volt literally has the same ability but as a passive and all he needs to do is move around, or use an augment that fills it pretty fast

this ability is bad because it's too much effort and inputs without much of a worthwhile output.

all that for ONE SHOT? 

Volt's passive is terrible though. It takes much longer to charge even with the augment, and it caps at an unmoddable 1000 damage. Ballistic Battery charges much quicker and gives you 1600*strength*crit bonus damage. And no I don't think it's clunky at all; definitely a lot less clunkier than just playing as Trinity I'm general (which I used to do a lot)

Ballistic Battery honestly seems like something that would exist as a passive ability, and it's annoying that Volt, who isn't the gunslinger Warframe, has a passive that would fit the gunslinger Warframe. I imagine Mesa getting something like "X% of damage dealt with primaries is stored and dealt on your next secondary shot, and vice versa".

Having high extra damage on one shot is only an issue on single shot weapons that hit many targets, like Cedo's glaive or Tonkor. You aren't gonna care if your sniper does 10x more damage if you're already doing more than enough damage to kill that one enemy. For single shot AoE weapons, why not change the way damage buffs apply to AoE effects to become gradually weaker with each target hit? Then use this opportunity to at least raise BB's cap significantly, assuming we cannot remove it all together.

My only concern is that Mesa might be too strong if she has a complete kit of very powerful abilities. She already has passive crowd control, one of the highest EHP pools in the game, and the ability to mindlessly mow down absurd numbers of enemies with a small amount of energy spent, and all of these qualities make her very strong for the majority of Warframe's content. If there is to be a Ballistic Battery buff, I think it's also fair to nerf Shatter Shield and/or Peacemaker to compensate.

On 2021-03-30 at 11:57 AM, (XBOX)Regxxh said:

Ballistic Battery honestly seems like something that would exist as a passive ability, and it's annoying that Volt, who isn't the gunslinger Warframe, has a passive that would fit the gunslinger Warframe. I imagine Mesa getting something like "X% of damage dealt with primaries is stored and dealt on your next secondary shot, and vice versa".

Having high extra damage on one shot is only an issue on single shot weapons that hit many targets, like Cedo's glaive or Tonkor. You aren't gonna care if your sniper does 10x more damage if you're already doing more than enough damage to kill that one enemy. For single shot AoE weapons, why not change the way damage buffs apply to AoE effects to become gradually weaker with each target hit? Then use this opportunity to at least raise BB's cap significantly, assuming we cannot remove it all together.

My only concern is that Mesa might be too strong if she has a complete kit of very powerful abilities. She already has passive crowd control, one of the highest EHP pools in the game, and the ability to mindlessly mow down absurd numbers of enemies with a small amount of energy spent, and all of these qualities make her very strong for the majority of Warframe's content. If there is to be a Ballistic Battery buff, I think it's also fair to nerf Shatter Shield and/or Peacemaker to compensate.

I agree with it making Mesa too powerful if implemented. However your Passive idea would just be annoying and tedious to use. I'd suggest that Mesa's passive stores the amount of damage dealt from both your Primary and Secondary up until a cap, which when filled will apply that damage to whatever your next shot is. 

5 hours ago, (PSN)platinumceiling said:

I'd suggest that Mesa's passive stores the amount of damage dealt from both your Primary and Secondary up until a cap, which when filled will apply that damage to whatever your next shot is. 

The problem with this passive is that most weapons can reach whatever the cap is almost instantly, which means the passive is almost always firing, and only acts as a damage buff for all scenarios, rather than being used to take down high health enemies. if the cap is low, fast firing weapons get a pretty big dps increase due to the rapid procs of the passive. Even if the cap is higher, you still get very common procs, but with more potential damage, assuming it isn't wasted on a trash enemy. I think if you wanted to make an automatic Ballistic Battery effect, you'd have to make the effect charge on kills, rather than damage dealt, or you'd need to add a cooldown, although that'd make the passive very easy to accidentally waste on trash enemies rather than the enemies you'd want the extra damage for.

Ballistic Battery is designed to act as on-command quick damage, so I think it's better for the passive to have a condition to trigger rather than being automatic, as it would let the player actually control when they want their high damage shot. I also think having weapon swapping as the condition fits Mesa's theme of being a gunslinger, and it would encourage some more unique buildcraft options in the form of weapon swapping mods, such as Vigorous Swap, Speed Holster, or the Synth Set.

On 2021-04-02 at 4:04 PM, (XBOX)Regxxh said:

The problem with this passive is that most weapons can reach whatever the cap is almost instantly, which means the passive is almost always firing, and only acts as a damage buff for all scenarios, rather than being used to take down high health enemies. if the cap is low, fast firing weapons get a pretty big dps increase due to the rapid procs of the passive. Even if the cap is higher, you still get very common procs, but with more potential damage, assuming it isn't wasted on a trash enemy. I think if you wanted to make an automatic Ballistic Battery effect, you'd have to make the effect charge on kills, rather than damage dealt, or you'd need to add a cooldown, although that'd make the passive very easy to accidentally waste on trash enemies rather than the enemies you'd want the extra damage for.

Ballistic Battery is designed to act as on-command quick damage, so I think it's better for the passive to have a condition to trigger rather than being automatic, as it would let the player actually control when they want their high damage shot. I also think having weapon swapping as the condition fits Mesa's theme of being a gunslinger, and it would encourage some more unique buildcraft options in the form of weapon swapping mods, such as Vigorous Swap, Speed Holster, or the Synth Set.

S#&$ yeah, you're right. I wasn't thinking of that. I'd personally prefer it to stay as an ability and not as a passive because it'd work way better. 

On 2021-03-25 at 8:46 PM, Lutesque said:

Yeah that's the thing about Battery that Cap is WAAAAAÀAAAAAY too low.... That thing feels like it's suppose to outperform Every Single Shot weapon in the game... But it doesn't 😞... Why ? 

yep, really this is the main prob with Battery .. although the casting speed is a relevant point that could be addressed.. 

On 2021-03-30 at 10:48 AM, TARINunit9 said:

Volt's passive is terrible though. It takes much longer to charge even with the augment, and it caps at an unmoddable 1000 damage. Ballistic Battery charges much quicker and gives you 1600*strength*crit bonus damage. And no I don't think it's clunky at all; definitely a lot less clunkier than just playing as Trinity I'm general (which I used to do a lot)

Then why does it feel so Weak ? 😱

On 2021-03-30 at 5:57 PM, (XBOX)Regxxh said:

. If there is to be a Ballistic Battery buff, I think it's also fair to nerf Shatter Shield and/or Peacemaker to compensate

I'm down with needing Shatter Shield but Peacemaker needs to be Changed not Nerfed.

On 2021-03-30 at 3:48 AM, TARINunit9 said:

i'm honestly still so sad that volt's current shield has anti-synergy with his passive. movement debuff AND an energy drain? i know his passive doesn't matter in the slightest but it still makes me so sad

Archived