Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Overall Feedback on New Railjack

Sevek7

I've been playing it for over a week now and thought it was fair to share my thoughts.

The good:

• Incredible work by the art team! The space backdrops, corpus fighters, crewships, side objectives, capital ships, and background items are all extremely well designed and thematically on point. 
  • The command intrinsic feature is nice for solo play because it takes pressure off the player to destroy fighters, defend against ramsled invaders, and repair stuff with omni-tool.
  • The voice acting is phenomenal and fits perfectly with the established corpus themes and characteristics.
  • Piloting the railjack feels more fluid than ever with the infinite boost & new blink.

The bad:

• With these awesome new tilesets for side objectives, why are the main objectives still fixed to the general corpus ship tileset? Why can't I do the exterminate mission on the super cool new ice mine tileset? These new locations (ice mine, freightlinker, etc...) fit really well into the corpus ship tileset (not to mention invasion tiles). It would be really cool to see all these combined into a single tileset via some link tiles to increase the location variety in general play.
  • Why doesn't my crew engineer make dome charges? That's basically the one and only thing I ever wanted from an engineer crewmember!
  • With all the frequent changing locations in corpus railjack, why does my weapon choice always revert to primary on every entry / exit? Sometimes I want to keep my pistol equipped! It's not a huge deal, but annoying to press weapon swap every time after I press x.
  • Why can't I press tab to view mission progress while piloting? I keep having to exit the pilot seat to see if my plexus is maxed, it's annoying!

The SERIOUSLY?

• Corpus railjack is absurdly easy. I get that you want the game to be accessibly to new players, but I completed the highest level corpus railjack node with the base (sigma) plating, and random mods on un-forma'd plexus, and there was no difficulty at all. It appears that the maximum number of fighters that spawn is 4. Why? Since then, I have tested to see just how easy it is. Sometimes the capital ships will fire a volley of torpedos at the railjack. These are well telegraphed both by audio and visuals, with plenty of opportunity to evade them. It's the ultimate "see this big attack coming? You better dodge that!" attack. Unfortunately, my railjack was able to tank the entire volley without moving at all, and lost a totally insignificant amount of health. 

Overall, the bad are small things, it's a pretty good update in general. The main complaint as always is "I'm totally invincible for all this content, why?!" 

as you said, it's a fresh breath as an new update , but yes now the foot misssions are predominant over railjack in corpus missions, which is a shame, because i wanted to kick some corpus a*s like i did in the like of old giant point. The system is a good beginning but now they must find the good mix between foot missions and railjack objectif. The grineer are more into railjack predominant while corpus are footmissions predominant, if they find how to make more balanced misssion ( not removed the actual one, because more diversity mean more fun) it can become even better. AND BTW PLS augment nautilus part drop in ice mine, it's horrible.

I'm also disappointed of the removed mecanic due to the delete of endurance where u can rush in a long line after finishing ur drift, that was the only way to use ennemy crewship with a decent speed, now it's relace by blink and it's Sh*t.

The defense an interception missions in railjack has to be rethink, they have no point or use, better go for the normal ones? Maybe for defense, put a ship of syndicats or allies that we must protect, or put the cryopod in the railjack, while the ennemy try to destroy your ship and board us, as someone aldready propose here. Interception should be more like in an archwing way, we rush to a strategic point that move over time. The faster we get the point, the more interception % we get.

Its really easy because dont have skirmish before the mission inside....And the  railjack guns looks like they are very powerfull with super crewmember killing everybody.....

My opinion....this update destroyed railjack to me. Many things now are gone like the galleon in FLEXA veil proxima grinner map.

Its really absurd...!

To fix this things DE will need a lot of time!

Archived