Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

4 Umbra Forma~ What to use it on?

Raven_Heart

Question

10 answers to this question

So, one of the classics for it is Chroma Prime I would say, he really benefits from having lots of power strength and bulk and he still is among the best frames for raid-like activities. Another classic is Inaros Prime, because it is kinda obligatory if you're going for that sweet 10k health. 
After that it's really up to your personal taste, you should choose frames that you want a lot of power strength and/or bulk on, ya know Nezha/Rhino/Valkyr. Wukong is also a considerable option.
If you really should have too many (believe me, you don't) Frost, Oberon, Grendel and Atlas for that extra little oomph.
Umbra Forma are usually wasted on extremely technical Frames like Octavia, Nyx, Limbo, Revenant, Mag etc.

I consider putting one on Wisp for a power strength meme build, but that is reaaaally for a bored soul as myself.

You should just put it on bulky, power strength dependent frames, that have a very direct playstyle.

I do have Inaros Prime, I don't have Chroma Prime yet. Been lucky with random vaulted relics others brought in. Still with the systems and the blueprint though. @_@

okay I was thinking Nezha or Wukong. Still working on unluck Valkyr

3 hours ago, Raven_Heart said:

I got most of every warframe and a good roster of melee and primary weapons and at this point since I've gained enough, the question is now "What to use it on"? They're so rare it's like hording elixirs even past the final boss.

This means you've been playing for a while....

So.... Let me see if I can simplify things for you:

Since you've been playing this long You should have some experience and familiarity with all the Warframe's.... I want you to think about which one you had the most fun with.... Don't even worry about how good they are in missions just think about which one was genuinely fun to play with The Most....

That's the Warframe you should Slap Umbra Forma on....

For me it was Jelly Fish Prime and Booben Prime....

As long as you spend you Umbra Forma on something you love you won't have Regrets.... Naturally there are Exceptions.... Limbo and Loki being the Obvious ones.... But even then... Limbo's Rift Torrent Augment makes him not a bad Candidate for Umbra Forma.

Also keep in mind.... The Umbral Set got Buffed Recently bringing the Total Bonus from 50% up to 75%....

I'm not sure what that means exactly but I bet it makes more Warframe's Suitable Candidates 😛 !!!

56 minutes ago, LegendaryNeurotoxin said:

You can always put two on Paracesis to help with sentient slaying, since a maxed-out level 40 gets 60% damage bonus before the Sacrificial mods are added. 

Yeah but since Paracesis also has a large Mod Capacity.... Doesn't that make it pointless ? 🤔...

Honestly, I'd just put them on your favorite Prime Warframes that would benefit from an Umbral slot.  I think I've used them on Mesa Prime, Nova Prime, and Mag Prime so far.  Maybe another?  I can't remember.  I've still got 4 of the Umbral Forma sitting around but if I can get to my build without bending over backwards via normal Forma, I don't see a point in wasting an Umbral one.

I personally wouldn't waste Umbral Forma on melee weapons, because most melee weapons don't have capacity problems getting to any build if you just use normal Forma.

Mag & Inaros. 

There is no warframe that actually needs them, so it is all about min-maxing anyway. You can get one from Teshin every 8th week, and a bunch has dropped from NW etc., so there isn't really a need to hoard them anymore. Though I still do that (hoard them 😁).

ONLY PRIMES. 

Only one per frame....  (until you get more..   This also gives you time to really dig into the guts of your build and make sure you need multiple umbra forma.  I used to use all 3 but now with adaptation and arcane barrier alot of my 3 umbra's have changed to just 2) 

Any frame that uses strength/Intensify is a safe bet for umbra.  Vitality+intensify is the two I use the most now a days.  

=========================

Man I hope they do another Umbra warframe to add other mods.     SHIELDS, Range, Duration  would be awesome....

========================

Sorry hard to focus lol.   Obviously aim for your favorite frames to use over the ones you never pull out.  

I have Ember and Valkyr who are in my top 6 most used.  BUT I havent used them in ages lol   Lately I loved using shield tanks like Mag, Protea, Nekros, Nyx.   

Right now im playing with Xaku refining her loadout.  I play her a little less range for much more duration/toughness.   I just came up with an awesome Helminth combo for her....   The shoot range on my guns is only 14 meters... I hate her 3 so I was thinking of what I could put there....   Gara's Spectrosiphon distracts and draws enemies into her ring of mirrors.... which I am standing in the middle of with my 10 extra guns lmao!!!  

Xaku is fun but her short shoot range unless completely max out is a tough pill to swallow.   This also destroys her loudout and prevents you from doing anything crazy.   She doesnt have enough armor/hp for just adaptation,   She cant use redirection+adaptation.   So she is in a very bad spot in my opinion Gara's Spectrosiphon actually helps make her tougher.   

@Raven_HeartUse them if it's on a frame you like AND if the build you're going for actually requires it to free Mod Capacity.
Umbral Mods cost alot only at max rank, for most builds you won't actually need all 3 maxed.

The first umbral mods you get are already ranked 5, so you can max those but you can get Unranked Umbral mods from Simaris saving you tons of capacity on all your builds.
Ultimately, it would be interesting to have all 3 Umbral mods maxed in case you need them, and a duplicate of each unranked if you just want the bonus set.

If you need high health, high ability strength, and high armor sure use all 3 maxed. But what if your warframe has low base armor ?
Suddenly Umbral Fiber isn't bringing that much Armor on the table but removing it means the bonus Set for Health and Ability Strength gets reduced.
That's when Unranked Umbral Fiber gets in. The cost is a ridiculously low 6 Drain. It only goes up to 8 if you put it on a wrong polarity.
It's basically Free power ups.

It will take you a bit of time to get 3 new Unranked Umbral mods from Simaris, but it'll take you tremendously longer to get Umbra Formas for all your frames so that they can use Maxed ranks.

What if you're not interested in having more Health and Armor but want the bonus set ? You could have Maxed Umbral Intensify and unranked for the other two.
If you're only using one Maxed Umbral mod, it's quite easy to put it in your build without using ANY Umbra Forma.

There are very few frames which have enough base Armor to benefit from Umbral Fiber, while also needing the boost.
The requirements would be
- to often find yourself taking hits for a reason or another.
Sometimes the reasons are in the kit of the frame, like a frame having LOOOOOOOONG casting time and animation.
- to lack any ability reducing the incoming damage from enemies.

There are lot of frames using Health, some to bigger extent than others.
But you might not be interested in having a Maxed Umbral Vitality on Hildryn she not only has lower Health than most frames but she's mainly Shield, yet you'd still be interested in getting the Bonus set for an Ability Strength focused build.
So you'd use an Unranked Umbral Vitality (unless you also want the Health somehow)

But maybe you're playing a frames that need all the stats because of some of the reasons stated above or even more.
For me the frame that seem to need them all was Hydroid.
(I can explain why in great details but I feel like this post went for long enough)

Archived