Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Afk A Valid Tactic

Llyssa

It has occurred to me, considering how incredibly one-sided this is, AFKing is a valid war tactic.

Join the side you don't want to win, and come back in 10 minutes. If your team isn't sporting some slaughterfest player, you'll have slowed them down significantly, and with much less effort than trying to grind through wins for your own side.

As a bonus, if you're doing this in grineer mission as a corpus supporter, you're also making sure you get the "good" reward at what looks like the inevitable conclusion.

I don't advocate it by any means, but, by design, for many players, it makes sense. I think this may be part of why it's been encountered so much.

foolishness Dante... foolishness...

the time you waste getting Afk could be used to give advantage to the side that you support

and it's your kind of people that... makes you have players in a cooperative game that ends up preferring to play alone

You can, but while you at the most delay a team by a minute, you could have been running a mission for the other side.

Oh and Khranitel has it right... in fact you are probably helping!

With a Nova out there, you are just leaving her more enemies (the ones you don't kill) to set off room clearing chain reactions.

Maybe this is why Corpus supporters have had a hard time, they haven't been running their own missions :)

Leeching is a reportable act.

Grab a picture of the offender's score (which should be zeroes across the result screen), write down his name and submit a ticket with the shot. Support will handle it. How? I don't know.

Edited by Kinperor

Leeching is a reportable act.

Grab a picture of the offender's score (which should be zeroes across the result screen), write down his name and submit a ticket with the shot. Support will handle it. How? I don't know.

This is a horribly broken way of proving someone's AFK...ness. Simply because by this logic, I could get several people banned just by extreme rushing.

Several times I've ran so fast through a level that the guy's behind me couldn't keep up. I am not saying this because I am good, but because I am using Nova and pressing 4 with a maxed out stretch and focus + the Soma.

Basically anybody who couldn't keep up with my speed was less likely to get a kill or even deal damage, because guess what? Molecular Prime is @(*()$ broken. It's on the levels of Mag Pull kind of broken. Horribly unbalanced to the point where it's broken. 

Now if we had been talking about contributing or not, that's a different matter. 

It has occurred to me, considering how incredibly one-sided this is, AFKing is a valid war tactic.

Join the side you don't want to win, and come back in 10 minutes. If your team isn't sporting some slaughterfest player, you'll have slowed them down significantly, and with much less effort than trying to grind through wins for your own side.

As a bonus, if you're doing this in grineer mission as a corpus supporter, you're also making sure you get the "good" reward at what looks like the inevitable conclusion.

I don't advocate it by any means, but, by design, for many players, it makes sense. I think this may be part of why it's been encountered so much.

Pretty sure most players playing in the event have above a level 1 warframe and gun.

think about it, if you afk then thats one less person running a mission

4 people afk in each seperate faction mission and thats an entire team that could have completed a mission

so while people are waiting an extra minute to finish a mission

they are finishing a mission anyway

and the afker(s)?

thats one less run for their faction

This is a horribly broken way of proving someone's AFK...ness. Simply because by this logic, I could get several people banned just by extreme rushing.

Several times I've ran so fast through a level that the guy's behind me couldn't keep up. I am not saying this because I am good, but because I am using Nova and pressing 4 with a maxed out stretch and focus + the Soma.

Basically anybody who couldn't keep up with my speed was less likely to get a kill or even deal damage, because guess what? Molecular Prime is @(*()$ broken. It's on the levels of Mag Pull kind of broken. Horribly unbalanced to the point where it's broken. 

Now if we had been talking about contributing or not, that's a different matter. 

I would be greatly surprised if the player didn't at least shoot something once, or if he didn't take any collectible whatsoever. 

I can't even remember seeing someone who haven't contributed at all.

Even then, as Tsukinoki said, it isn't an auto-ban, it just means that whoever you reported is going to be investigated upon by DE staff. 

Edited by Kinperor