Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[QoL] True Master Font Charges instead of Strict 24hr Timer.

holyicon

EDIT: My bad. It's a 23 Hour cooldown. HOWEVER! This does not invalidate my overall point. So I am leaving the post unchanged.

So after failing upwards into True Master, I'm a little confused about the 24hr timer at the Font.

This is yet another repeat of the Devs not understanding WHY a 24hr Timer is BAD for players, and does not respect their time.

Warframe is a game.
We (as the human species) invent and play games typically to have fun and to give us a sense of fairness -- because Reality is neither fun nor fair.

TOE BE CLEAR. When you have a 24hr timer in a game, rather than a daily reset or charge system, you are essentially saying to the player,
"You must play our game later and later each day until you must skip a day, which offers no additional benefit!"

Please don't simply add a 24hr Timer to something as if "that's just how it's done".
Rote Practice is not Best Practice.

To address this oversight,  I am "humbly" (hehe yeah, right) proposing a compromise.
I feel this should be fair to the players, while not "breaking" the game as the Devs may have feared:
- Each True Master can hold a maximum of Three (3) Font Charges.
- A Font Charge is recovered once per Twenty (20) hours (online OR offline).
- This timer starts once the player has fewer than Three (3) Charges and stops if the player has Three (3).
- Each use of the Font drains One (1) Charge from that True Master.
- That True Master has a Three (3) hour cooldown before they may use the Font again.
- As before, Font Buffs may not be extended beyond Three (3) hours.

In laymen's terms.
- You can hold up to 3 charges.
- You spend charges for font buffs.
- And you replace a missing charge every 20 hours.

This allows players the agency to set their own schedule, while not breaking the game's advancement gates.
If you disagree with this, let me remind you that Players, do. in. fact. sleep.

So, the players are free to play the game when THEY have the time to, and yet, may not stack different buffs without the aid of other True Masters.
Everyone is happy! Okay? okay. OKAY!

The Font is a great addition to the game. For that reason, please do not make it inconvenient to use.

As always, have fun out there, be kind to each other, but equally mean to those that oppose the Tenno!
sangraal_glyph_dark.png -   holyicon albion.png

Righteous Steve - of harrowed code - of hallowed patches.
   Speak.
For an age you've guarded the divide between Update and Reinforcement.
      Speak.
From within your everlasting sacred office, you've held the lidless bourbon.
         Speak!

It's a 23 hour cooldown from when you use it so it doesn't force you to play gradually later each day as you can start playing roughly an hour earlier the next day if you want.  It's the same fix as they implemented for 24 hour build time consumables, such as Forma and Reactors, and for Trials back in the day.

6 minutes ago, Katinka said:

It's a 23 hour cooldown from when you use it so it doesn't force you to play gradually later each day as you can start playing roughly an hour earlier the next day if you want.  It's the same fix as they implemented for 24 hour build time consumables, such as Forma and Reactors, and for Trials back in the day.

+1, Thank for the correction. My bad.

Still, I think a charge system would be better overall. Even if you only recovered a charge every 23 hours.

Archived