Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wind Based Warframe

Black-Foxx

So I have read a lot of the concepts for frames but not all of them and I have not come across a wind based warframe as of yet so if there is already one then hopefully mine is not the same.

So I picked a male for this frame because I just feel that it would better suit a male

I like the name Anemos

my frame would be set up with the following stats

This is a Male wind based warframe, I am unsure of what he would look like but I am sure he would wear like a one shoulder half cape that looks all ragged from wind damage :D. 

Health is 100 (300 at rank 30)

Power is 150 (225 at rank 30)

Shield cap 100 (300 at rank 30)

Shield Recharge  20

Sprint Speed   1.1

His polarity slots should be the usual 4 power slots

1 defense slot

1 tactic slot

this frame would be a good balance between a support frame and an attack frame.

Ability 1 - (Wisp) Anemos creates a wisp which steals the life force of nearest enemy

- Creates 1 / 1 / 2 / 2 wisps (wisps do not vanish, they last until used. Not affected by power strength)

- Cannot be recast while power is active.

- Second wisp will attack next nearest target unless primary wisp explodes then it can attach itself to same target.

- wisps attack nearest target stealing 5% / 10% / 15% / 20% of health over 3 seconds (affected by power strengh)

- upon completion of stealing health wisp explodes and restores health of Anemos, if health is full then 50% of stolen health will be converted to energy.

- Wisps explosion causes enemy to stagger for 1s

- Range of 5 / 10 / 12 / 15 in-game meters (Not increased by power range)

Ability 2 - (Altitide) Anemos thins the air around him allowing him to sprint faster

- Gives a speed increase of 10% / 15% / 20% / 30%. This is not affected by Power Strength

- Lasts 5 / 5 / 7 / 10 seconds. This is affected by Power Duration

- Enemies within range 10 in-game meters suffer 1s stagger effect

Ability 3 (Breathe) - Anemos encases fellow Tenno in purified air (effect is similar to Rhino's Roar but with better perks)

- increases abilities of elemental frames 

- Boosts abilities of Tenno by 10% / 15% / 25% / 30%. This is affected by Power Strength.  (frames such as Ember, Frost, Trinity and Saryn receive an additional 5% / 5%/ 7% 10% increase to abilities (Not affected by focus)

- Frames also receive a 2% increase to health and energy regeneration for the duration of ability.

- Range of 15 / 20 / 22 / 25 in-game meters. This is increased by Power Range

- Duration of 7 / 10 / 12 / 15 seconds. This is increased by Power Duration

Ability 4 (Vacuum)  - Anemos sucks the air out of nearby enemies (ineffective against MOA, Rollers or anything that doesn't use air.)

- Deals 120 / 160 / 230 / 300 Damage per second for 4 seconds. This is increased by both Power Strength and Power Duration

- Range of 15 / 18 / 22 / 25 in-game meters. This is increased by Power Range

- Targets that are not killed by the initial damage are stunned for 4 seconds and suffer a 35% debuff to accuracy (this is not affected by power duration or power strength)

** ability bypasses shields

I think a little more could be done to tweak his powers some but overall I think he would be a cool frame to have.  Originally I was thinking of making one of his powers a Tornado like power which would put him in the eye of the storm and enemies would be drawn into the tornado like vortex but it would spin them around lift them up and drop them to the ground doing majority of damage when they fall to the ground.  Please tell me what you think. 

Ability 2 - (Altitide) Anemos thins the air around him allowing him to sprint faster

- Gives a speed increase of 10% / 15% / 20% / 30%. This is not affected by Power Strength

- Lasts 5 / 5 / 7 / 10 seconds. This is affected by Power Duration

- Enemies within range 10 in-game meters suffer 1s stagger effect

You know this makes no sense right? 

Thinning the air wouldn't make you sprint faster, climb mount everest and tell me if you sprint faster.

You know this makes no sense right? 

Thinning the air wouldn't make you sprint faster, climb mount everest and tell me if you sprint faster.

I guess it would make no sense if I said he was breathing in thinner air but that I did not, You can actually move faster in thinner air becasuse of less resistance.

I swear some people must have only one or two frames.  I guess no other frame has an ability like anyone elses so I guess 2 and 3 wouldn't make sense cause of course volt, ember, and frost don't have an elemental ability that is similar to one anothers other than element change.  But alas I think I noticed that those two  abilities were similar to existing frames, however how many rhino's even use that ability, it's a good ability that in a support frame would be better utilized.  As for ability number two many frames have a ability that increases their mode of transportation I guess I could have said that Anemos creates wind powered roller blades which allows the frame to move faster (i.e Ash, loki and Nova all use a teleport ability, rhino and volt have a rush ability....wait do both Vauban and Excalibur both have a jump ability......nah.  The point is most frames have a throw away power, and I couldn't think of a throw away power for Anemos that wouldn't awesome still. 

I guess a revamp for his second power could be something like this, Anemos creates a ring of wind around fellow tenno which causes a knockback effect on enemies.  (This ability would make it difficult to use melee weapons)

Range 2 in game meters around each frame ( not affected by power range)

duration -  5 / 5 / 7 / 10 seconds

for the third ability I think it's fine, honestly who would not want a frame in their group using that power

I do like how this frame looks

Edited by Black-Foxx

I have a Wind Warframe that I would like to call Aeolus/Tempest whatever you like better.

1. GALE WIND: Aeolus creates a large burst of air that violently pushes enemies back. Costs 25 Energy

Deals 100/200/350/400 Forcefield Damage(ragdoll). Cannot be affected my Focus

Lasts 5 seconds at all levels, can be affected my Continuity and Constitution. Can be affected by Focus

Animation resembles a more aggressive version or Psychic Bolts, Null Star, or Chaos

2.SUFFOCATE: Summons a sphere that sucks oxygen from the environment for a long period. Costs 50 energy

Deals 20/40/70/100 DoT( Damage Over Time) Cannot be affected by Focus, Ignores Armor

Lasts 5/10/15/20 seconds and cannot be affected by Continuity and Constitution. Has a damage tick every second

Stuns enemies in their tracks for the whole duration as they struggle for air.

Range of 5/10/15/20 meters and can be affected by Stretch

Can be placed in different areas like Loki's DECOY.

Resembles a slightly bigger Antimatter Drop where you can see it is absorbing all the air in that area.

3. INTANGIBLE: Converts Aeolus into intangible air, ignoring ALL incoming damage. Costs 75 Energy

Grants COMPLETE invulnerability, along with INVISIBILITY

Lasts 5/5/10/15 seconds. Cannot be affected by Continuity or Constitution

4. TEMPEST WRATH: A devastating whirlwind that kills anything inside , also turning objects and enemies into projectiles. Costs 100 Energy

Anyone unfortunate enough to be in the tornado will get 1000/1250/1500/2000 damage affected by armor and Focus

Afterwords enemies are thrown out of the tornado taking 1000 damage. Targets that were never inside of the tornado will be attacked by the enemies that WERE inside which are thrown afterwords giving the targeted enemies 1000 damage also.

Once it's summoned, it will SEEK nearby enemies.

it will last 5/5/10/15

Thanks for reading! 

I have a Wind Warframe that I would like to call Aeolus/Tempest whatever you like better.

1. GALE WIND: Aeolus creates a large burst of air that violently pushes enemies back. Costs 25 Energy

Deals 100/200/350/400 Forcefield Damage(ragdoll). Cannot be affected my Focus

Lasts 5 seconds at all levels, can be affected my Continuity and Constitution. Can be affected by Focus

Animation resembles a more aggressive version or Psychic Bolts, Null Star, or Chaos

2.SUFFOCATE: Summons a sphere that sucks oxygen from the environment for a long period. Costs 50 energy

Deals 20/40/70/100 DoT( Damage Over Time) Cannot be affected by Focus, Ignores Armor

Lasts 5/10/15/20 seconds and cannot be affected by Continuity and Constitution. Has a damage tick every second

Stuns enemies in their tracks for the whole duration as they struggle for air.

Range of 5/10/15/20 meters and can be affected by Stretch

Can be placed in different areas like Loki's DECOY.

Resembles a slightly bigger Antimatter Drop where you can see it is absorbing all the air in that area.

3. INTANGIBLE: Converts Aeolus into intangible air, ignoring ALL incoming damage. Costs 75 Energy

Grants COMPLETE invulnerability, along with INVISIBILITY

Lasts 5/5/10/15 seconds. Cannot be affected by Continuity or Constitution

4. TEMPEST WRATH: A devastating whirlwind that kills anything inside , also turning objects and enemies into projectiles. Costs 100 Energy

Anyone unfortunate enough to be in the tornado will get 1000/1250/1500/2000 damage affected by armor and Focus

Afterwords enemies are thrown out of the tornado taking 1000 damage. Targets that were never inside of the tornado will be attacked by the enemies that WERE inside which are thrown afterwords giving the targeted enemies 1000 damage also.

it will last 5/5/10/15

Thanks for reading! 

That is actually believe it or not almost exactly what I thought his powers should have been like when I thought about a wind frame, but I figured everyone would say he was too much like everyone else, which people did anyway.  But yes I like those powers and think they are usable.

I had an air based warframe as well called Zephyr.

His powers list.

Air Blast: Similar to banshee's sonic boom but it has a duration and he can walk around with it.

Wind Breaker: Controls the Air and puts up a wall of wind in front of him. Any bullets that touch the gust are thrown back with more force at the target. any enemy who touches it is flung across the room.

Soar: (I could be replacing this with something else) Zephyr can fly around a level for a short amount of time withlist being able to still use his primary rifle. But you have to find a high point for soar to work.

Hurricane: Zephyr makes a Hurricane appear above with strong gusts of wind, random enemies will lose their footing and be flung towards other enemies or walls killing them instantly. This power has synergy with Saryns venom, Saryn shoots the cloud above with venom and it'll start raining acid rain which does minor DoT damage. This power also has synergy with Volt, Volt fires a lightning bolt at the cloud, the cloud turns grey and holds 5 lightning bolt charges that will be struck anywhere in hurricanes radius. Enemies that take the bolt directly will be instantly killed, bolts that miss and hit the ground will create a medium AoE of electricity that does 400 damage to anyone caught in the blast.

it will last 5/5/10/15

Thanks for reading! 

personally i think this should be physics impact due to the aesthetic and that way it will scale better

So we have many peoples out there that seem interested in a Wind based Warframe since seeing the design for Zephyr which I think is totally awesome by the way everyone should check it out, the link is in this thread above.  I have seen I think four new threads about wind warframes in the past couple of days.  So I really hope that a wind frame in coming soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Now though I love the Zephyr art I still think my wind frame has wind powers that are unique to what everyone thinks of as Wind Frame Powers.  I noticed that everyone has some sort of whirlwind or hurricane or tornado that does immense damage.  Now though that was the first thing I thought about as an ultimate power I wanted to veer away from what everyone else thought but still stay true to winds theme.  Though I do love Zephyr design, I really enjoy seeing what other wind frame powers people are coming up with that do not follow the stereotype.