Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corpus Crewship Weak Point?

Liteyear

Question

10 answers to this question

14 hours ago, mkah_mvet said:

Snip.

Can I help you out with a much easier way that doesn't require Blackout pulse? Tested in Corpus Veil, Pluto etc. 

The shields will only rotate towards you immediately if you fire at them. If you instead fly up without firing it will give a 2 second window before the shields spin to block. So the technique is to fly up close, strafe around them and shoot the inside of the shield with your nose guns. Then you can fire a single missile to wreck most of their engines and leave them dead in space or shoot out any remaining ones with your nose guns.

In multiplayer we even experimented and had someone on the cannon timing his shot inside of this 2 second window and he was one shotting the crewshipe while the shields were still up.

Same weakpoint, but a couple twists.

1) blackout pulse is not only mandatory, but the ONLY battle mod (or in fact, tactical mod and most of the integrated mods) that has any value whatsoever in corpus railjack.

2) most corpus crew ships seem to have the skjold-type shields.  You won't see the shield easily but you can see hud marks.

3) at a certain level they will have an extra shield, but there's zero point whatsoever in doing those missions ever ever ever, except for unlocking the nodes.  However they make blackout pulse even more mandatory. -edit: I had only really been doing pluto after clearing the map, but dipped into neptune and those shielded ones are there as well as veil.  So yeah, blackout pulse.

So method is to lock on with homing missiles (since most integrated mods are worthless you'll have tons of room for the lock time mod), pop the skjold-type shields, it sometimes takes 2, pop a blackout pulse on them to freeze them solid, then, at your leisure jump into artillery.  Because of the patch, a single miss will screw you on dome charges, so don't miss or you're likely to face a game-breaking bug, blackout pulse will help.  With grineer a dead engine nozzle does not count as a weak point (at least before newjack, with railjack classic there was a reason to do grineer, not so much now), and because your gunners are likely to shoot them out anyway, I haven't tested if they count as weakpoint, but as long as you've got a single pixel of the nacelle visible you'll be fine anyway, it won't be a moving target because of blackout pulse.

A few things to note about a broader strategy.  A human crew is borderline useless in any mission worth doing.  Having one along will just make it harder to abort if you end up with any "priority target" objectives that require you to get out of your ship (I'd maybe consider not aborting if it's only 1 away objective, but you're still probably best off just skipping it.)  The only objective that matters is the loot dungeons which means there is zero reason to do any mission other than a fast exterminate (and your priority should be finding extraction before you're even done getting the kills, since extraction is a miserable slog in every single one of these horrible missions, start looking for it right away.)  There is zero reason to ever kill any fighter, so the only turrets that matter for pilot are the new super short ranged ones for killing the security node thingies, zetki will have highest DPS which is all that matters here, you aren't shooting anything that can be status proc'd.  Assuming you've already got adequate shields from railjack classic, the new armor mods won't really make a worthwhile difference if you've got crew with good stats (gunners and engineer will keep the ship alive, pilot will do nothing useful) but when you do get around to building them skip sigmas entirely, mk1 is better, but it's okay to skip straight to mk3, which house won't matter (one has better buffer, one has better effective regen, the other is a mediocre middleground, but they are all close enough that even if it did matter it still wouldn't matter.)

So any of this stuff can change.  Being bitter about how this all played out, I would not be surprised if any loophole to make it less bad gets "fixed".  So make hay I guess.

16 hours ago, Liteyear said:

With Grineer crewships a hit on an engine nacelle is oneshot, even without mods. Do Corpus crewships have the same vulnerability? Their engines are certainly smaller. 

Yes. Those rectangular bits hanging off the sides.

Corpus Crewships have the same Weakpoints as Grineer ones. shooting the Engines, while the Engines are still functional. if you knock out that Engine, don't shoot the Artillery there unless it comes back online.

blackout pulse is not only mandatory, but the ONLY battle mod (or in fact, tactical mod and most of the integrated mods) that has any value whatsoever in corpus railjack.

no it isn't.
your overall attitude with everything you have described makes it sound like a git gud problem.

at a certain level they will have an extra shield, but there's zero point whatsoever in doing those missions ever ever ever

unless that is, you're trying to get certain drops that perhaps have the best chances in certain Missions. 
also if you're getting fully frustrated by the directional Shield on Corpus Crewships, Archguns with Punch-Through can hit the Projector just fine. so there's always a 'last resort' if from time to time the game is being unco-operative.

the new armor mods won't really make a worthwhile difference if you've got crew with good stats

having good Plating Equipped just lets you essentially ignore your Railjack, that's the difference.

8 minutes ago, taiiat said:

having good Plating Equipped just lets you essentially ignore your Railjack, that's the difference.

So does any build with good shields from railjack-classic, as long as you bought decent crew.  even with mk0 plate.  getting better plates just reduces how often the crew has to do anything.  It's nice to have but not at all necessary.  And it's still safe to skip straight to mk3 and ignore sigma altogether, even in veil

45 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Can I help you out

option A, hit it with a battle mod that is already the only battle mod that is worth a damn in corpus railjack.  option B, $&*^ around.  How does that help?

15 minutes ago, mkah_mvet said:

So does any build with good shields from railjack-classic, as long as you bought decent crew.  even with mk0 plate.  getting better plates just reduces how often the crew has to do anything.  It's nice to have but not at all necessary.  And it's still safe to skip straight to mk3 and ignore sigma altogether, even in veil

option A, hit it with a battle mod that is already the only battle mod that is worth a damn in corpus railjack.  option B, $&*^ around.  How does that help?

ROFL, continue complaining then lol. Crewships are easy to destroy without bothering with blackout pulse, you're just close-minded.

1 hour ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Can I help you out with a much easier way that doesn't require Blackout pulse? Tested in Corpus Veil, Pluto etc. 

The shields will only rotate towards you immediately if you fire at them. If you instead fly up without firing it will give a 2 second window before the shields spin to block. So the technique is to fly up close, strafe around them and shoot the inside of the shield with your nose guns. Then you can fire a single missile to wreck most of their engines and leave them dead in space or shoot out any remaining ones with your nose guns.

In multiplayer we even experimented and had someone on the cannon timing his shot inside of this 2 second window and he was one shotting the crewshipe while the shields were still up.

This.  And not only this, the shields stop rotating after the crewship itself loses all health.  So what I do with 2 Gunner crewmates is, fly in with guns blazing, strafing around to hit the crewship with guns and ordnance.  Once the crewship loses all health, it becomes a sitting duck so I strafe a little more to pop the no-longer-rotating shield from behind (not necessary, but why not?), then stroll over to forward artillery to pop the ship for good.  Takes all of 10 seconds and costs no energy.

42 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

ROFL, continue complaining then lol. Crewships are easy to destroy without bothering with blackout pulse, you're just close-minded.

I didn't say it's hard.  Blackout pulse just makes it trivial.  But go ahead and feel good about yourself for learning how to be good at something pointless.

5 minutes ago, mkah_mvet said:

I didn't say it's hard.  Blackout pulse just makes it trivial.  But go ahead and feel good about yourself for learning how to be good at something pointless.

Your entire response was a complaint mate, plain and simple. I gave you a simple, no hassle solution that frees up your loadout but again you're too close-minded to believe the other abilities can be useful so yeh, enjoy being bitter and resentful instead. I'd rather feel good myself. 

Archived