Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

trading (rivens) on warframe is not a good experience, help ?

_Anise_

Question

the only rivens I ever get that sell are vailed rivens, I try sell them under the going rating and people still try haggle me.

half the time with vailed rivens people are super picky about the challenges "oh erm I don't do openworld rivens" o.O

the only weapon riven I actually managed to sell was a near god roll on a top tier weapon, I sold it way under the odds just to shift it and the two people that contacted me both offered half my asking price which was already half what the riven was worth....

anything else seems extremely hard to estimate the value, and I just WASTE hours just spamming trade with WTS and getting no interest on anoything just to dumb these stupid rivens so I can actually do sorties.

why is warframes trading/riven system so bad?? am I doing something wrong, is there also a better way to make plat

14 answers to this question

Best way to do it is rely on third-party systems (riven.market) to try and sell your rivens, and even that might take a while.

I just stopped spamming TC with my rivens, because it rarely pays off the time it takes to sell them, unless I have a riven that's on peak demand.

IMO, the riven market as a whole isn't as hot as it used to be.

Rivens are complicated... When trading veiled rivens, I generally link the riven I'm trading, which also shows the challenge, making it so that whoever messages me about it is actually interested.

But I don't really bother too much. Trade chat is such a mess, it's hard to even buy something.

On 2021-03-26 at 6:04 AM, _Anise_ said:

the only weapon riven I actually managed to sell was a near god roll on a top tier weapon, I sold it way under the odds just to shift it and the two people that contacted me both offered half my asking price which was already half what the riven was worth....

That's because the majority of people contacting you are trying to flip it. They know it's worth more but they also want to make a profit by selling it for more than they paid rather than keep it to use. IGNORE these types of people, they will never pay you what it's worth, just add them to your Ignore list.

Riven trading is a mess, that's why I stick to Arcanes and syndicate mods.

I think that'swhy my unlocked rivens always sell because people are wanting to unlock it in hopes its for a top tier riven for 20plat,

usually when I unlock them its for a weapon considered only "viable" then it never sells or isn't worth anything, but yeah I already HATE rivens a lot, the limitations on how many you can hold, having to sell them or destroy them, the sometimes stupid challenges to unlock them..  did I mention the NAG screens when you cap? oooh to I loathe them!

I don't know why the game can't let me hold unlimited rivens in a "this riven requires a challenge to unlock" way and only display the challenge on ones inside the limited cap ?

anyways actualy quesion!

12 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Riven trading is a mess, that's why I stick to Arcanes and syndicate mods.

I don't really like Eidolons so I won't be farming arcanes to sell, do any of the syndicate mods sell good ? or suggest anything I might be able to sell ?

16 minutes ago, _Anise_ said:

I think that'swhy my unlocked rivens always sell because people are wanting to unlock it in hopes its for a top tier riven for 20plat,

usually when I unlock them its for a weapon considered only "viable" then it never sells or isn't worth anything, but yeah I already HATE rivens a lot, the limitations on how many you can hold, having to sell them or destroy them, the sometimes stupid challenges to unlock them..  did I mention the NAG screens when you cap? oooh to I loathe them!

I don't know why the game can't let me hold unlimited rivens in a "this riven requires a challenge to unlock" way and only display the challenge on ones inside the limited cap ?

anyways actualy quesion!

I don't really like Eidolons so I won't be farming arcanes to sell, do any of the syndicate mods sell good ? or suggest anything I might be able to sell ?

Look it's a trickle of plat each time it costs very little effort to max your syndicate standing per day. Focus on the ones that give buffs to loot drops, those are always in demand. You can also run Derelict vaults for corrupted mods to sell, sell prime junk etc. Easy plat, not in big amounts but consistent.

On 2021-03-25 at 9:04 PM, _Anise_ said:

why is warframes trading/riven system so bad??

Rivens are Are Toxic in Warframe.... 

Acquiring Them Sucks.

Unveiling Them Sucks.

Rolling Them Sucks.

And Selling/Buying Them Sucks...

They are not for everybody....

You have to be a very specific type of player to deal in Rivens....

4 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Rivens are Are Toxic in Warframe.... 

Acquiring Them Sucks.

Unveiling Them Sucks.

Rolling Them Sucks.

And Selling/Buying Them Sucks...

They are not for everybody....

You have to be a very specific type of player to deal in Rivens....

This.

And don't forget that majority of bad plats in warframe circulates in the riven trading.

8 out of 10 people who got negative platinum balance that I know, got them from selling rivens.

9 hours ago, _Anise_ said:

Back in my day... Ivara's Infiltrator Augment Sold the most for me.... It's because Cloak without the Augment is worse than other forms of Invisibility hence its Semi Mandatory....

Khora's Augments use to be Popular before the Nerf....

You also have the Loot Frame Augments for Hydroid and Nekros... Those are like Number 1 Big Sellers !!!

Sell full prime sets for plat. and use the website warframe.market I wouldn't recommend individual prime pieces, there's a slight premium for having all the pieces to a set available to the buyer. 

individual mods can be worthwhile, some more than others. also, whenever new content is released, farm that stuff and sell it because that stuff always sells when its new. Oh, and rare stuff from Baro can sell well too. 

Rivens are complicated to get into selling. the above website also has a riven section now, I think more people are starting to prefer it since most people use that trading site for non-riven trading, but maybe that's just speculation. One simplier way to do rivens is to get a your hands on a bad riven that belongs to a weapon that people constantly buy mods for, then farm the kuva and roll for good stats yourself.

generally the best riven stats you want are + damage + multishot + crit chance with like -zoom or something useless as a negative. beam weapons love + fire rate.

34 minutes ago, zombi3h3art said:

generally the best riven stats you want are + damage + multishot + crit chance with like -zoom or something useless as a negative. beam weapons love + fire rate.

Minus Impact used to be the Best Negative....

I guess now it would be Minus Puncture ?

You're not doing anything wrong OP, that's normal for Rivens

ppl are greedy corpus, wanna sell rivens super high, but won't pay anything to get them

and sitting in trade chat spamming offers that will never pan out is soul crushing a waste of time, so don't do it

myself, I rarely buy rivens, or sell any of them other than to just make space (not intending to make profit)

If I do want to get rid of one, I'll just sell low and move on with life; not gonna waste time sitting in trade chat. more often I'll just Transmute them to make space.

'

as far as acquiring then for personal use, I'll mainly just take what I get from Sorties, Arbitration Store, Riven Slivers, etc. Farm Kuva and Transmuters and just make my own decent rolls to keep.

means I'm not wasting tons of plat buying other peoples' 'god' rivens.

and the Small Amount of plat I do need for Inventory Slots and other necessities, I make via trading Prime Parts and other reliable steady means.

Keep your Trading Small Time (both buying and selling) play the actual game instead of wasting life in Trade Chat; stay sane.

On 2021-03-25 at 8:04 PM, _Anise_ said:

the only rivens I ever get that sell are vailed rivens, I try sell them under the going rating and people still try haggle me.

half the time with vailed rivens people are super picky about the challenges "oh erm I don't do openworld rivens" o.O

anything else seems extremely hard to estimate the value, and I just WASTE hours just spamming trade with WTS and getting no interest on anoything just to dumb these stupid rivens so I can actually do sorties.

why is warframes trading/riven system so bad?? am I doing something wrong, is there also a better way to make plat

the experience of trading things is not a part of gameplay, and is not intended to be good (or bad). it's a free market system. 

1. Don't WTS because most people that want to buy don't spend hours looking at trade chat in the hopes something they want turns up. instead they only look if and when they fancy something.

2. Be patient

3. Look for WTB's because then you know that you already have a foot in the door. Of course that doesn't mean a sale for certain because you can still get people that have no clue or trying to scam you or are just looking at a very specific thing. E.G.: wanting a Kubrow with certain colours, build and it has to be female (or male, even although the only way to tell is by the indication in the orbiter)

4. Don't be to quick to fold. It's your riven (or whatever you're trying to sell), you have it, they don't and they want one.

5. Look at what's highly demanded and what not. You may have a Groll but if the weapon has no demand then chances aren't good you'll have someone willing to pay a high amount for it.

6. Yes Grolls can go for thousands of plat but.... even if you think it's a Groll, the customer may have a different opinion. Stay polite. If they don't and start hurling abuse, calling you names and such, report them. DE takes insulting fellow players very seriously. Keep also in mind that the player might be a grandma or might be a 9year old, so watch your own language.

7. Get a thick skin, lots of people are stupid, lazy and act like Karen's on a bad day. Stay calm and just put them on ignore.

8. Yes, there's those that know the value but just want to buy it to sell it again. Your choice if you okay with that or not. Sometimes is easier to sell it at a lower price of it's true value then having to deal with the headache of it. Besides, the more plat you have, the more you can invest (buying veiled rivens or riven slots) to make more plat szo after a while you'll find yourself flipping the occasional riven yourself.

9. Be fair yourself. If you buy rivens (veiled or not) don't be the kind of buyer you hate to deal with as a seller. You want to flip a riven, then yes make sure you can get some profit of it but there's a big difference in making some profit and stiffing someone because you want to make 900% profit.

10. Learn how to unveil rivens. In general a veiled riven is worth less then a unveiled one. Unless the unveiled is really crap for a crap weapon and has a bunch of rolls on it.

11. Keep track of what is meta, what is going to get released and what stats the majority are looking for in certain weapons. E.G. : if you hear that some new pistol weapon is coming out then sit on your veiled pistol rivens because the demand will increase highly once it is released.

12. Stand your ground. Don't care if their friend bought one better then the one your selling for 10p. They might be lying, they might be wrong but you don't have an obligation to sell it. Remember, you're the seller they the buyer. You can ask for a price that the market will allow. If you only sell on what some loudmouth is willing to pay for then remember that you can't walk into a Rolls Royce place and DEMAND they sell you the car for 15Euro.

Have fun, hang in there and stay safe.

Archived