Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nidus prime loadout

FacuNeko

SOOOOO i wanted to start this thing because i want DE to consider this posible candidates to be on nidus prime release, if i got readed i'll be happy with that

Pathocyst prime: with maggots prime like nidus 4th that will do 50 toxin damage instead of just 10 cold (i guess) damage on their hits, explosion unchange unless the developers want to. And a little bit higher crit damage multiplier to improve it "corrupted them" like low speed high damage theme and plague zaws/amps

Change damage type from maggot explosions from explosion to viral (without status chances) just because it match the theme and explosion factional damage tents to "suck"

(PlaceHolder to a new infested weapon): like reaper prime and euphona prime that release only on prime version but it will spawn more maggots that will DO synergise with nidus abilities and strain kit and pathocyst maggots (strain consume for example, making this mod finnally usable)

Flesh link (augment for his 3rd): •on ally•{will give max health based on power stenght(like wisp), this to give survivability when your not linked to an enemy and be able to support the strengh of an ally on missions just a bit higher that just lvl50}
•on enemy•{casting 4 will infect the zone around the enemy and can spawn on top of the original cast being able to spawn up to 2! infested zones that will heal and create maggots to get a bit more of crowd control, healing and specially MORE DAMAGE since you'll get more maggots to explode}

i really hope DE can give it a try or just tell me they read and will dont do it, i dont really need reasons because you can have secret reasons, i just want nidus to get some love our loved infested boy

pls give upvotes to DE see this i dont speak english but i can trasnlate on google, i want atleast a short NO anwer is enough

Personally, I'd want a primed Dual Ichor (visually speaking, I'd imagine it'd be just a a pair of ornate handles, with slightly gnarlier versions of the current Ichor blades grown from them). And as for any special properties, I'd be fine with either of these;

- mild life-steal

OR

- struck enemies develop viral cysts that burst after a short time and spread viral damage. (Mini-"spores" in a blade)

hace 6 minutos, (XBOX)Wi3rd0tr0n dijo:

Personally, I'd want a primed Dual Ichor (visually speaking, I'd imagine it'd be just a a pair of ornate handles, with slightly gnarlier versions of the current Ichor blades grown from them). And as for any special properties, I'd be fine with either of these;

- mild life-steal

OR

- struck enemies develop viral cysts that burst after a short time and spread viral damage. (Mini-"spores" in a blade)

i completely agree on bring interesting passives on nidus prime release like you said: life-steal (hirudos doesnt count since it's range is so short) or any kind of cysts/spores  i just love that

1 hour ago, FacuNeko said:

i completely agree on bring interesting passives on nidus prime release like you said: life-steal (hirudos doesnt count since it's range is so short) or any kind of cysts/spores  i just love that

Plus not a lot of sleek skins for sparring weapons, like the Hirudo. That's why I still have barely touched mine. It's nice to USE, but then when you're not using it, it's just THERE being an ugly pseudo-attachment on the side of your guns/bows

Personally feel like Nidus Prime should release with Hirudo Prime, but Hema can sit back for a minute. Hirudo already looks good on Nidus by itself, so I can't wait to see what they do with the prime variants. Nidus Prime could also come with Pox Prime, since they're pulsating sacs of Technocytes, and on impact they release maggots along with the gas cloud? I don't know.

12 hours ago, (XBOX)not keremal said:

Personally feel like Nidus Prime should release with Hirudo Prime, but Hema can sit back for a minute. Hirudo already looks good on Nidus by itself, so I can't wait to see what they do with the prime variants. Nidus Prime could also come with Pox Prime, since they're pulsating sacs of Technocytes, and on impact they release maggots along with the gas cloud? I don't know.

I picture Nidus having a very derelict like appearance. A typical armored frame with infestation growing out the cracks all over his body. I pretty much call him Derelict Nidus. Like he was the very first attempt at a warframe that mutated and became uncontrollable. So he was locked away and forgotten. A failure. A relic of the past. But the tennos set him free. Free from his chambers. Free from his pain. 

I’d guess the prime infested weapons would be similar. Like a Mutalist Cernos Prime. Basically just look like a prime weapon with infestation growing all over it. Like the fish of Derelict. There are many to choose from. 

I don’t see the pox. Being infested sacks of toxic, I can’t picture a prime variant. But there are other prime secondaries and primaries. I’m mostly picturing the Phage. 

9 hours ago, (PSN)chris1pat8twins said:

I picture Nidus having a very derelict like appearance. A typical armored frame with infestation growing out the cracks all over his body. I pretty much call him Derelict Nidus. Like he was the very first attempt at a warframe that mutated and became uncontrollable. So he was locked away and forgotten. A failure. A relic of the past. But the tennos set him free. Free from his chambers. Free from his pain. 

I’d guess the prime infested weapons would be similar. Like a Mutalist Cernos Prime. Basically just look like a prime weapon with infestation growing all over it. Like the fish of Derelict. There are many to choose from. 

I don’t see the pox. Being infested sacks of toxic, I can’t picture a prime variant. But there are other prime secondaries and primaries. I’m mostly picturing the Phage. 

I expect Nidus Prime to look more like a clean and perfect frame, encased on white and gold material. Sleek. Clean. Then as he begins to mutate, those opalescent plates crack and open up, revealing a hideous monstrosity underneath. Similar in a way to the Orokin as a whole. A beautiful spectacle on the outside, but horrific on the inside.

I can see something similar being done for Pox. They look like strange Orokin grenades, glass containers with golden filament weaving through it, with a fleshy growth contained inside. Perhaps a design of what Pox originally used to be before it became completely consumed by the infestation.

I don't expect Nidus Prime to come with an Infested Prime weapon. Yes, it would make some sense because Nidus *is* somewhat Infested and is being Primed, but all Warframes are expected to have Primes and there's probably going to be no exception anytime soon, not even for Revenant nor Xaku in my opinion. But a weapon that is Infested becoming Primed? Very unlikely. The most I can see is perhaps an "original" Prime weapon that resembles an already existing Infested weapon (as to suggest some sort of predecessor type of deal), but I am not sure how that could be explained if it would have similar mechanics to the ladder weapon.

At most, I can see Nidus Prime coming with Gazal and Djinn Prime. It's a good opportunity for a Machete Prime finally, and a new Sentinel Prime once more (albeit with some weird timing since we just got a new Sentinel).

On 2021-03-30 at 7:43 PM, Pizzarugi said:

I expect Nidus Prime to look more like a clean and perfect frame, encased on white and gold material. Sleek. Clean. Then as he begins to mutate, those opalescent plates crack and open up, revealing a hideous monstrosity underneath. Similar in a way to the Orokin as a whole. A beautiful spectacle on the outside, but horrific on the inside.

I can see something similar being done for Pox. They look like strange Orokin grenades, glass containers with golden filament weaving through it, with a fleshy growth contained inside. Perhaps a design of what Pox originally used to be before it became completely consumed by the infestation.

Since DE has shown ability textures and particle effects are variable between prime and regular, id love to see Nidus Prime 1 could be the orokin tower spikes that can be seen around cetus and from outside on some lua tiles, nidus 2 be the orokin death ball pulse trap (only pulling in enemies with the laser instead of knocking back naturally), 3 be nidus linking up the target with a corruption/mind control drone with the link itself looking like the lasers and 4 being the one bit that remains kinda same (with derelict like bits in there) except the maggots are a mishmash of the Carrion Drone and Helios or Carrier prime.

On 2021-03-25 at 11:34 PM, FacuNeko said:

i really hope DE can give it a try or just tell me they read and will dont do it

What I can tell you is that DE have a standing answer for this:

While Warframes are all getting Primes, not all Weapons can be Primed. The weapons that come out with Prime Access are all based on the ones categorised as 'Tenno' weapons. There has never been an 'infested', 'grineer', 'corpus', 'sentient' or even 'cephalon' weapon that has been Primed.

So, I really hate to tell you, hopeful player, that the loadout for Nidus Prime is a complete mystery.

Here is a list of weapons we know DE can and will likely Prime:

Spoiler

Primary:

Acceltra
Astilla
Attica
Cedo
Daikyu
Fulmin
Nagantaka
Phantasma
Quellor
Scourge
Trumna
Veldt
Zenith

Secondary:

Athodai
Akarius
Akzani
Azima
Castanas
Furis / Afuris
Fusilai
Hystrix
Knell
Kunai
Magnus / Akmagnus
Sepulcrum
Talons
Velox
Zylok

Melee:

Anku
Boltace
Cobra & Crane
Cassowar
Dark Dagger
Dark Sword
Dark Split Sword
Dual Keres
Dual Zoren
Endura
Ether Daggers
Ether Reaper
Ether Sword / Dual Ethers
Gunsen
Heat Dagger
Heat Sword / Dual Heat Sword
Jaw Sword
Kestrel
Lacera
Magistar
Masseter
Okina
Pennant
Quassus
Sarpa
Shaku
Sigma & Octantis
Tatsu
Tonbo
Volnus
Zenistar

Now, if we take out the Login Rewards, and the 'signature' weapons that will likely get Primed with their original owners, like the glass ones with Gara, we're left with:

Spoiler

Primary:

Attica
Daikyu
Quellor
Trumna
Veldt

Secondary:

Akzani
Castanas
Furis / Afuris
Kunai
Magnus / Akmagnus
Sepulcrum
Talons
Zylok

Melee:

Anku
Boltace
Cassowar
Dark Dagger
Dark Sword
Dark Split Sword
Dual Keres
Dual Zoren
Endura
Ether Daggers
Ether Reaper
Gunsen
Heat Dagger
Jaw Sword
Kestrel
Lacera
Magistar
Okina
Pennant
Sarpa
Shaku
Tonbo

That's your list to predict from, unless DE is going to do another retcon.

There is one other option, which is that they create a completely new Prime that doesn't have a base equivalent, like they did with the Dakra Prime, Reaper Prime and Euphona Prime.

Buuuut...

If it were me? If I really had to only choose from the list above in the most themed and appropriate way... Well, Nidus is the most Infested theme of these Infested golems we drive, so I would choose the ones from Deimos; the Trumna and Sepulchrum.

On the other hand, if I had to choose weapons I'd really like to see Primed (and possibly given a nice Prime effect on them), I would choose the Daikyu, the Furis and something like the Heat Sword/Dagger or Dual Heat Swords, because those have been in the game an incredibly long time and giving those a Prime effect would have to include bonus Heat damage and something that mechanically triggers off that radial heat proc you get with the slam attacks.

8 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

What I can tell you is that DE have a standing answer for this:

While Warframes are all getting Primes, not all Weapons can be Primed. The weapons that come out with Prime Access are all based on the ones categorised as 'Tenno' weapons. There has never been an 'infested', 'grineer', 'corpus', 'sentient' or even 'cephalon' weapon that has been Primed.

So, I really hate to tell you, hopeful player, that the loadout for Nidus Prime is a complete mystery.

Here is a list of weapons we know DE can and will likely Prime:

Reveal hidden contents

Primary:

Acceltra
Astilla
Attica
Cedo
Daikyu
Fulmin
Nagantaka
Phantasma
Quellor
Scourge
Trumna
Veldt
Zenith

Secondary:

Athodai
Akarius
Akzani
Azima
Castanas
Furis / Afuris
Fusilai
Hystrix
Knell
Kunai
Magnus / Akmagnus
Sepulcrum
Talons
Velox
Zylok

Melee:

Anku
Boltace
Cobra & Crane
Cassowar
Dark Dagger
Dark Sword
Dark Split Sword
Dual Keres
Dual Zoren
Endura
Ether Daggers
Ether Reaper
Gunsen
Heat Dagger
Jaw Sword
Kestrel
Lacera
Magistar
Masseter
Okina
Pennant
Quassus
Sarpa
Shaku
Sigma & Octantis
Tatsu
Tonbo
Volnus
Zenistar

Now, if we take out the Login Rewards, and the 'signature' weapons that will likely get Primed with their original owners, like the glass ones with Gara, we're left with:

Hide contents

Primary:

Attica
Daikyu
Quellor
Trumna
Veldt

Secondary:

Akzani
Castanas
Furis / Afuris
Kunai
Magnus / Akmagnus
Sepulcrum
Talons
Zylok

Melee:

Anku
Boltace
Cassowar
Dark Dagger
Dark Sword
Dark Split Sword
Dual Keres
Dual Zoren
Endura
Ether Daggers
Ether Reaper
Gunsen
Heat Dagger
Jaw Sword
Kestrel
Lacera
Magistar
Okina
Pennant
Sarpa
Shaku
Tonbo

There is one other option, which is that they create a completely new Prime that doesn't have a base equivalent, like they did with the Dakra Prime, Reaper Prime and Euphona Prime.

Buuuut...

If it were me? If I really had to only choose from the list above in the most themed and appropriate way... Well, Nidus is the most Infested theme of these Infested golems we drive, so I would choose the ones from Deimos; the Trumna and Sepulchrum.

On the other hand, if I had to choose weapons I'd really like to see Primed (and possibly given a nice Prime effect on them), I would choose the Daikyu, the Furis and something like the Heat Sword/Dagger or Dual Heat Swords, because those have been in the game an incredibly long time and giving those a Prime effect would have to include bonus Heat damage and something that mechanically triggers off that radial heat proc you get with the slam attacks.

I appreciate the lists, but I don't think it's set in stone.  Helios was primed, and it is considered Corpus by most accounts.  They can prime whatever they want.

Thank you for the lists, though.  It's interesting to see what old classics are most likely to be primed.

15 hours ago, sunderthefirmament said:

Helios was primed, and it is considered Corpus by most accounts.

Fun fact; Sentinels are not Faction related.

According to the lore on Sentinels, they are actually an offshoot of Orokin Sentient tech that the Tenno found on a random moon and adopted. So they can all be Primed ^^

17 minutes ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Fun fact; Sentinels are not Faction related.

According to the lore on Sentinels, they are actually an offshoot of Orokin Sentient tech that the Tenno found on a random moon and adopted. So they can all be Primed ^^

Sure, but the wiki calls Helios Corpus, the Helios is researched in the Corpus equivalent lab in the dojo, and there's a Helios Corpus enemy in the Index.  I don't think Warframe is exactly the most consistent game of all time, neither with its gameplay nor its lore, so I still think my original assertion stands.

3 hours ago, sunderthefirmament said:

Sure, but the wiki calls Helios Corpus

You're not wrong, it does refer to Helios as a Corpus inspired Sentinel.

It's a ret-con, from about 2017 I think, when they introduced the Cephalon Fragments to explain how Helios Prime exists. All Sentinels are not directly faction oriented, although they have been themed. DE even brought it up on a DevStream where they needed to answer the question and the summary is exactly what I said, that Sentinels are similar to Warframes and can have themes, but the tech is from the Orokin, so they aren't faction specific.

That's why I specifically included this in my comment:

On 2021-04-02 at 5:32 PM, Birdframe_Prime said:

Considering how far between DE actually retcons things... I'm not hopeful.

Especially when DE has the full range of all these Tenno weapons still to draw from.

I know what you're hopeful for, but please, temper that hope with the reality that DE have actually said, several times, that they are making Prime weapons from the Tenno class of weapons, and not creating Primes from any of the other factions.

Their explanation for this is that the Tenno variants are like the Warframe variants, the versions we make today with our existing tech are not as good as the ones created by the Orokin with their highly-advanced tech. It's pretty much the only thing that makes a 'prime' is whether it was made by the Orokin or not. Made by anyone else following the blueprints, it doesn't turn out as good, which is why we have to use the Relics to get the original parts and original blueprints.

Primed infested weapons? very unlikely as they are infested versions of already existing weapons or are made of completely infested mass meaning that they had no previous version like the Ichors that are, in theory, infested Butchers (Grineer) and the Mutalist Cernos wich is a Cernos so its prime would be the Cernos Prime.

If I had to make a guess I would say that Nidus will come with a primed arch-thing, something completely new like the Euphona or a primed Hirudo and Hema.

But who knows, Ballas said that the Orokin did in fact used the infested as a weapon, heck all the warframes are infested so maybe we will get a Caustacyst Prime or something like that.

En 2/4/2021 a las 13:32, Birdframe_Prime dijo:

Primary:

Attica
Daikyu
Quellor
Trumna
Veldt

Secondary:

Akzani
Castanas
Furis / Afuris
Kunai
Magnus / Akmagnus
Sepulcrum

i'd like trumna sepulcrum, even if those are "new"

• 2 months later...

I changed my mind. I no longer wish to see a primed Dual Ichor. If we ARE to ever see an primed infested weapon (Infested weapons with Ornate/shielded Handles/housings) The first should be the Scoliac as, to my knowledge, we have no primed whip weapons, yet, and it'd be amazing to knock out 2 'firsts' in one weapon

On 2021-03-30 at 11:43 AM, Pizzarugi said:

I think it will most likely be exactly like that. Even given the lore of the Orokin there's no way that comparison got passed over during development.

Archived