Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should I move back to PC

(PSN)MarvelousFilip

Question

So... my short story. I used to play on PC and stoped around the time the Plains Of Eidelon came out  (stoped at around MR12)
I was unable to go back to PC since it broke down and I couldn't aford a new one.
I've been on PS4 for about 2 years now on and off (MR20).

I'm am about to get a new PC
So besides loosing all the Nightwave rewards, is there a downside to simply continueing the grind on PS or grind through PC (hoping for cross-save tho ngl)

8 answers to this question

I would say it up to personal preference when it comes to controls first off, even though I know you can simply use a controller on pc too. Other than that there's the steam cosmetics and general graphics. Also unfortunately you can't play with friends from different platforms so maybe you have a friend group on ps4 you like to play with that could be a factor as well.

I was also thinking about going PS->PC. But after few hours on PC I came back to PS because:

1.) controller parkouring: is sooo convenient on PS controller, you are just touching few buttons. It is too much work on keyboard for me. :-)

2.) controller precision: It is less precise than mouse BUT it is less precise for all PS players (all PS players seem more equal regarding precision)

3.) less toxic players: Many PS players don't bother to write on chat. When playing on PC everybody was super-clever on which ability I can or can NOT use etc.

4.) too many inexperienced players on PC: When doing some boss fights, sorties, events I was often paired with 3 inexperienced (low-MR?) players and mission failed because of that. I usualy meet more experienced players on PS on "advanced" content.

5.) I also experienced more bugs on PC. Or launcher problems

- the only Minus is that PS has higher Platinum price.. (no -75% platinum coupons)

On 2021-03-26 at 1:22 PM, (PSN)shann_cz said:

I was also thinking about going PS->PC. But after few hours on PC I came back to PS because:

1.) controller parkouring: is sooo convenient on PS controller, you are just touching few buttons. It is too much work on keyboard for me. :-)

2.) controller precision: It is less precise than mouse BUT it is less precise for all PS players (all PS players seem more equal regarding precision)

3.) less toxic players: Many PS players don't bother to write on chat. When playing on PC everybody was super-clever on which ability I can or can NOT use etc.

4.) too many inexperienced players on PC: When doing some boss fights, sorties, events I was often paired with 3 inexperienced (low-MR?) players and mission failed because of that. I usualy meet more experienced players on PS on "advanced" content.

5.) I also experienced more bugs on PC. Or launcher problems

- the only Minus is that PS has higher Platinum price.. (no -75% platinum coupons)

1) That's personal preference. As a PC player I can say that once you get used to it, movement becomes pretty mindless.

2) I can't really comment on that.

3) The actual percentage of Toxic players across platforms would be pretty similar. And people judging you for your in-game choices is not Unique to PC. Toxic people can be found anywhere, it's just that on consoles, their words are harder to encounter.

4) Don't use MR as a method of gauging experience. All it refers to is how much you've leveled weapons and Frames, neither of which take skill. Also blaming your teammates for this isn't a good idea either. Bias can cloud one's judgement of a scenario. I've learnt the majority of Spy vaults, and the best ways to navigate them, but still fail them every so often. People fail sometimes. But that alone doesn't make someone an inexperienced player.

5) PC pretty much always gets updates first. So of course, on consoles you're less likely to encounter bugs. By then, the major bugs have been fixed.

Archived