Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thanks for Watching Home Devstream #153

[DE]Rebecca

21 hours ago, Tsoe said:

i love DE and the game and used to love dev stream

but this one

was so empty , its weird

Kinda seems that when they nail or quite nail an update, it's something random, because the following devstream they let everyone down...just to be forced to track back and multiply "times 2" the development time because they make the wrong thing then they have to fix it, instead of doing the right thing straight away

Without the 3 iterations of Railjack and 3 of the Liches, we would have already played both The New War and Duviri Paradox

15 hours ago, (PSN)OmegaSlayer said:

Kinda seems that when they nail or quite nail an update, it's something random, because the following devstream they let everyone down...just to be forced to track back and multiply "times 2" the development time because they make the wrong thing then they have to fix it, instead of doing the right thing straight away

Without the 3 iterations of Railjack and 3 of the Liches, we would have already played both The New War and Duviri Paradox

i am not sure but sometimes i think they are in a cult

like praying some kind of weird GOD that mainly use random generator number to decide the next step

Well, for me it was interesting Devstream, with a sort of between-the-lines look under the hood. Reveals are always nice, but I couldn't care less about hype (and I actually think hype shouldn't even be present on a DEVstream).

I do hope Tencent allows DE to push the limits with Warframe, there really is huge "potential" almost everywhere in the game. But you need resources to push through, and you can't put all your eggs in one basket all the time.

I liked getting an explanation for the forced "team together"-aspect of Corpus Railjack, even though I am not totally buying it. We've been going freely in-and-out of Grineer bases and ships for a while now (and a glorious sentient ship too), so while the inclusion of a separate "inside mission" might have forced all to join there was tried and true code allowing for combined inside-outside play. I get it with the Orphix, but if I could chose between doing a normal defense, exterminate etc. (with "everyone must join") and doing a Grineer space-style "everything open at once" I would go for the openness 99 times out of 100. Not even making such an option playable in Corpus space was a complete turn-off for me, and for all the friends I play with. Not one likes the forced "forced entry".

Still, it is not all that hard to see where a "forced entry"-concept would be needed/used, like adding planet missions or even open-air areas only reachable by Railjack (fight to get there, fight to leave). In a way, that is the epitome of a "raid".

I do think DE is underestimating us players, in that there seems to be a general belief that missions have to be fast, short and farmable. And only that. While there is a certain part of the playerbase that looses its marbles (completely) if missions or "the farm" takes too long, continuing the development of such a massive game as Warframe along those lines is just... not all that smart. There are only so many max 5-minute missions one can come up with, and new loot gets old real fast when it drops from such farming.

Maybe DE should do a little research, or even a questionnaire, to find out what kind of other games the playerbase plays and likes, and draw some conclusions. Because I could bet a 100 million credits that there would be large enough support for more complex 30- and/or 60-minute missions (and no, I am NOT talking about doing the same endless mission for an hour, I am talking about co-op-based, raid-like mini-quests). And not only that, I also think that part of the playerbase (that would love the addition of such longer missions) is a group of players DE should make sure stays with the game. It shouldn't be all that impossible putting something along those lines together from existing parts & code, even re-joining your friends in-mission works quite reliably now).

I hope the return of us choosing to host Railjack missions will be part of their "iterative" process.  I have many friends who prefer to play Railjack on my ship with me as their pilot.  We do NOT want our equipment to be determined by luck.  In fact, literally no one in the community wants that.

Archived