Corpus Proxima & The New Railjack: Hotfix 29.10.7

1 minute ago, metvincent said:

"Seems like you're just putting an opinion on me which is completely wrong". Well look who's talking! haha!

You started the argument by doing exactly that to me and my buddies. Figures you wouldn't read what I answered you back. Goes to show both your lack rethoric and empathy towards new players. At least you grew some balls now that I enticed you to it.

Keep sealioning 🖐

Lol. I think you're forgetting you came into the topic with your bold nonsense statements first friendo.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

Lol. I think you're forgetting you came into the topic with your bold nonsense statements first friendo.

And I think you're forgetting I didn't answer you to begin with. You just busted yourself in. Granted, it's a public forum, sure. But you diminished my friends experiences so you could do your daily virtue signaling. And you have the gall to say "enjoy the game the way you want" while dissing on those who don't enjoy it the way you do. They didn't enjoy Warframe, kid. How can I make myself more clear? 😂 Your train of thought is "ah, either their teacher suck or they suck! Don't badmouth my game! *Throws toys to the floor*". Like, seriously, that armor is so shiny you're blinding half the forum!

BTW how about you stop lying for sec? You did read what I wrote, you actually addressed it in your previous answer, you just factually chose to completely disregard it all because it doesn't suit your whiteknight-y argument.

Again, keep sealioning 🦁

Edited by metvincent
  • Like 5
21 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

Thanks Donald Trump

Now you're resorting to trigger bait? How low can you go? 🤣

Couldn't care less about your country's politics. Even less so when a shady kid like you disingenuously use it to shutdown others experiences and opinions so you can feel satisfied with your own tantrum-like ego.

Edited by metvincent
  • Like 7

Can you implement the low end pc user optimizations that were around after the star days patch? The performance keeps getting worse and worse with every update when it was running smooth as butter during that star days patch. I've tried several fixes and none get it back to the smoothness that patch provided. I'm hitching right after loading into anything and it's getting to the point that it's doing that throughout the mission. This is for dx11. Thanks. 

• Like 2
On 2021-03-26 at 5:40 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Railjack Changes & Fixes:

• Fixed inability to Mod your Plexus until you own a Railjack.

• The intended flow here is when you complete The Archwing Quest and are awarded your Plexus, you can Mod it and join others on their Railjack missions to help out until you get yourself a Railjack. You’ll now be able to Mod it, but won't be able to see Railjack stats unless you actually own one, as the Plexus doesn’t have any Railjack data to pull from yet.

From 2 people whom just completed their Archwing Quests and one person whom retook it, this fix did not work. They cannot mod their Plexus.

Bet that "feature" has been in for weeks, but hey, I really didn't play for a long time.. the camera distance to our frames is more 2nd Person camera than 3rd person, even with FOV on max. This isn't helpful. Any chance we get a slider to adjust preferred distance? Bet some like the "over the shoulder" view, but for me and a bunch of friends it is easier to have a real third person cam and not sitting on our Warframes backs.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, MuddyCon said:

Can you implement the low end pc user optimizations that were around after the star days patch? The performance keeps getting worse and worse with every update when it was running smooth as butter during that star days patch. I've tried several fixes and none get it back to the smoothness that patch provided. I'm hitching right after loading into anything and it's getting to the point that it's doing that throughout the mission. This is for dx11. Thanks. 

It's not just low end pc's. Well, at least for me and my youngest.

I have a mid-range Hp that I just slapped some new ram, and upgraded to a new vid card, and WF is still janky AF. I bought the youngest a new Nvidia lappy for college ( puts my pc to shame), and he's having issues as well. Other 3 boys refuse to play WF anymore, so don't know how their rigs are doing.

I don't know what DE is doing, but I've seen multiple issues concerning this in various threads. Any other game boys and I play runs smooth as silk. 

8 hours ago, master_of_destiny said:

DE releases bad not because of magical data.  They release bad because their streamers can sell thing, the half life on getting money back is measured in days, and thus more content will sell.  More is better....even if it's busted.  This is not inside data, but disrespect for a customer base, that you simply want to milk money from.

Isn’t that the point of all companies? Compared to others, DE is less worse than others in the industry. Quoting the obvious industry players who shall not be named they will outright abandon projects if they can no longer milk money out of it. DE however, revisit them. Granted, it took them years to do it.

Content drought is a joke. 

Is it? Between Orphix Venom and Update 29.10 the PC steam average player count drops to 29k average on the lowest. If DE pushed the Railjack update to say.. June 2021. I would dare to say it can drop to less than 20k. That will hurt DE in the bank, won’t it?

Note that it was more than 200 days between the release of new frames in 2020. 

You only mention frames as content. What about the other new stuff like weapons, game modes, Necramechs, etc that was released between them? Aren’t they content too or maybe not according to you?

Sacrificing some quality at release is...understandable.  When will it be fixed?  The answer with Railjack is never.

I hope you’re not wrong buddy. We all can’t predict the future. Who knows that Railjack finally fulfilled it’s promised in the coming months. Only time will tell.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Myhel said:

If that were the case then all the corpus crew ship I blew up should at least given me a levan weapon so far nothing but resources came from them....also I been in mission where there more than 2 crew ships some have 3 of them and some sometimes have 4 but it varies

Yeah my bad. Only 2 ever spawn if you solo the missions, plus one if there's the crewship dock thing but that one tends to be really buggy. I've been exclusively soloing them cus it's like 50x more buggy in a squad, and the squad gates on the ground half of the missions are incredibly annoying.

Much more spawn in a squad. the crewship kill requirement can be 3 and more then the requirement can spawn which can't happen in solo.

Codex says they drop the guns. I've gotten a few of them but not many. Its just stupid rare.

On 2021-03-27 at 4:03 PM, Petroklos said:

The "recent" Khora nerf, was also deserved but awfully implemented and yes, it shouldn't have been implemented at such an awful state. As for why it's taking so long, it's not a wild guess to assume that fixing Warframe's awful LoS checking system, won't be an easy undertaking and is probably not a priority either. This does not mean that it shouldn't have been fixed already.

There's an incredibly easy bandaid fix they could implement for this while they actually sort out major LoS issues that need to be fixed. And that's to set the LoS check a couple meters off the surface you actually hit so it doesn't get caught up on tiny bumps and ledges in geometry. Or implement a small punch-through on LoS checks so it cuts corners and insignificant obstacles. Ideally both.

If you've used Ember much you've probably noticed the LoS on her 4 is incredibly forgiving. Being able to hit enemies through thin walls and around corners other LoS things would never be able to. It feels like it already has this sort of punch-through idea implemented. The wiki says it hits any enemy at least partially visible at any point during the cast but I have definitely hit enemies I couldn't see at all with it before and also failed to hit enemies I could see within range so it's not exactly flawless but still.

DE is quick to fix resource positive exploits and nerf equipment to the ground but takes years to rectify even the most basic of bugs that results in unplayability or massive lost in resources?

So sick of hours of wasted effort, time and money sunk into the game all gone like the wind.

Seems like its all intentionally done to keep the desperate and the addle-brained to eternally grind without rewards since they are the beta testers especially with the in-game resources being more volatile than cryptocurrencies.

• Like 4
7 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

Isn’t that the point of all companies? Compared to others, DE is less worse than others in the industry. Quoting the obvious industry players who shall not be named they will outright abandon projects if they can no longer milk money out of it. DE however, revisit them. Granted, it took them years to do it.

Is it? Between Orphix Venom and Update 29.10 the PC steam average player count drops to 29k average on the lowest. If DE pushed the Railjack update to say.. June 2021. I would dare to say it can drop to less than 20k. That will hurt DE in the bank, won’t it?

You only mention frames as content. What about the other new stuff like weapons, game modes, Necramechs, etc that was released between them? Aren’t they content too or maybe not according to you?

I hope you’re not wrong buddy. We all can’t predict the future. Who knows that Railjack finally fulfilled it’s promised in the coming months. Only time will tell.

I'm a tad bit tired, so instead of wit you're going to get straight answers.  No elaborate justification.

1) Capitalism doesn't justify itself with simply making the most money.  It also can justify itself with sustainability and respect to customers.  This is why executives used to be stewards to their company, while today they are treated as resources to be brought in...with no need to understand the industry they are in.  You want examples...Skyrim.  It was a C grade game with D grade stability.  It was released as a special edition, with the same bugs as before.  Despite this, the fan community supported it...and Bethesda got a financial win.

2) What are you even saying?  New content brings an influx of players.  A lack of sustained content prevents retention.  DE tries to extend engagement with garbage RNG.  The new Railjack is absolutely the same as the terrible drop rates in the old one....because everyone loved grinding for the Pennant and Quellor, right?  Now it's the Nautilus and Carmine Penta.

3) Think.  Choose a better example.  This is the blunt bit.  Xaku came with the mechs.  Protea with the tileset rework.  Liches were the last significant content without an associated frame....  Before that was...good lord.  It has been years since any significant content dropped new without an associated frame.  It's almost like you're trying to find a strawman argument here by using my words without any critical thinking.  Weak sauce.

If you'd like to come back with a different example, I'd be willing to accept things.  Remember, there were 2 new weapons that came with the kuva liches (bramma and shildeg).  The rest were slight stat modifications.  The Nautilus is the only new content with this railjack implementation, as the carmine penta is a stat modification.  Likewise, the introduction of railjack more than a year ago gave us the quellor and pennant....a grand total of 2 new pieces of content.  It's almost like I linked the content to frames because it's what DE does now.  It's also like I ignored the prime frames, as they are 100% reskins with very slight stat modifications.  

Before anything is stated, Railjack was new and significant content....on its own island.  It's not new content for Warframe, it's a bolt-on module.  I'm comfortable saying that because even DE have said this, with the 3.0 rework literally fusing railjack to core warframe.  It is a fusion like gluing a set of pigeon wings onto a taxidermied swine and saying pigs can fly though.

4) ?  I hope you're not wrong implies you want railjack to never be good.  I'm assuming from the tone you hope I'm wrong.

I'm suggesting Railjack will never be fixed because DE has no vision.  No vision means nothing but responses to feedback.  Response to feedback is great....unless you limit yourself to feedback that you want to hear.  DE has the tendency to label all negative feedback as haters, so if everything is fine then the profit losses are a complete mystery.  The issue is simple, as more people learn that their voices don't matter it's become less and less likely that people are retained.  Thus DE sheds players who will never come back, and the people wanting for the game to improve get ever more frustrated because they know marginalization of their feedback is killing this game with a thousand paper cuts.

So we are clear, I'd like to be proven wrong.  I'd like for 30.0 to be a turning point.  I said the same thing about Fortuna...and the Orb Mothers....and Deimos...and today I managed to get pushed out of the corpus freightlinker three times because a wall panel slammed down faster than I could avoid, and I had to jump through the ground to re-enter the ship.  That's just fantastic.  A bug from six years ago gets to return.  Thank the stars that "/unstuck" exists....because a game where that command is necessary shows top notch quality, right?

• Like 4
  • TYPE: In-Game
  • DESCRIPTION: I was on a Grenier-Railjack mission (Saturn Proxima), destroy the reactor of a Crew-Ship with the Necramech. After the Railjack expolde, i run with my Necramech in Space. It doesn´t happend on Corpus-Crew-Ships
  • VISUAL:

W58JNOd.jpg

• REPRODUCTION: Make a Grenier-Railjack-Mission take you Necramech in a Crew-Ship. If the Crew-Ship explode, you have it.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: I don´t know
  • OBSERVED RESULT: you can´t go further. First you have to go to Operator, if you go back, you are in your Archwing
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Everytime in every Grenier-Railjack-Mission
  • Like 3

had a gunner not being reassigned when i reassigned them. i dont want them to steal my affinity, if i can turn them into defender or repair duty whenever i want, i can take full control of my ship so i can earn the affinity. cant help if they get stuck in the gunner seat.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, master_of_destiny said:

So we are clear, I'd like to be proven wrong.  I'd like for 30.0 to be a turning point.  I said the same thing about Fortuna...and the Orb Mothers....and Deimos...and today I managed to get pushed out of the corpus freightlinker three times because a wall panel slammed down faster than I could avoid, and I had to jump through the ground to re-enter the ship.  That's just fantastic.  A bug from six years ago gets to return.  Thank the stars that "/unstuck" exists....because a game where that command is necessary shows top notch quality, right?

I believe many things you said is right. Personally i adsolutely love Warframe and trying to like DE - but its harder with every month.

I also think that the gun/melee rework will be a great turnng point. I hate to be right in such matters - i want to be proved wrong but most likely what will happen is: the nerf will be too much the buff will be not enough.

There are a lot of games that offer mainstream content and i can understand why DE works sooooooo hard to be like them giving up its uniqe features and mechanism.

• Like 1

Greetings DE,

Are there plans to fix the compatibility issues with certain game-play buttons not functioning while playing with https://www.xbox.com/en-US/accessories/controllers/xbox-wireless-controller-adapter-win10?  Before 29.10.0, the Particle Ram button (X) worked when playing with Microsoft Xbox Wireless Controller + Wireless Adapter for Windows 10.  I only play WF with this controller and never experienced any issues before 29.10.0.  Since 29.10.0, certain button functions no longer work, specifically the Particle Ram button (X), including the menu for training Railjack crew-members.  Within the "Train" crew-member menu, pressing the training reset button (Y), nothing happens.  However, the same function can be executed if using the keyboard, not the compatible controller. 

I previously posted this issue in the bug report forum right after the initial 29.10.0 ( https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1253865-particle-ram-will-not-engage/?tab=comments#comment-12078911) and here we are at 29.10.7 and this issue still remains unresolved.  It's not even showing up as a known bug but it is, as another player as responded to be experiencing the same bug issue.  After no apparent acknowledgement DE within the bug report forum, I even submitted a bug report and it seems nothing is happening to correct this bug.

As an attempt to get the necessary attention of this ongoing bug issue, I will post another thread within the bug report forum specific in regards to the 29.10.0 negatively impact controller compatibility when playing with the Microsoft Xbox Wireless Controller + Wireless Adapter for Windows 10.

9 hours ago, Stalker_says_hello said:

Still no fix for railjack armamanets for corpus to be set from 25 endo for Mk3 to 225 endo. 

I noticed that too, I thought huh why, I've scrapped quite a few now, looks like DE will need an Endo drive to give us what we should have got. :)

• Like 2