Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is farming conclave standing with a friend against the rules?

Jivy

Question

people have been given reprimanding for it in the past, so my answer is.....
i can neither confirm nor deny whether you should do that. if you get my drift.

On 2021-03-28 at 2:34 AM, Jivy said:

also haven't had a good experience with the community, they can be toxic

the Conclave Discord Server has the majority of the active Conclave Community, and i'd say atleast most of them aren't bad apples.

On 2021-03-27 at 6:24 AM, Jivy said:

Just want to know, so if it is i wont do it again

Yes, it is against the rules.

However, DE have been willfully allowing exploits in conclave for the last 3 years, so chances are you won't be banned. 

Still, it's against the rules and ruins the fun for other players, so you risk being reported if someone sees you. At that point it may depend on the mercy of the people checking support tickets. If I were you, I would not do this.

Instead, you can try joining the conclave discord to make friends and start matches. Or try recruiting chat. You can make conclave friends pretty fast and play friendly games without the need to "farm" each other. The standing comes pretty effortlessly when you find a fun group to play with!

2 hours ago, Drachnyn said:

Why would I take responsibility?

Because you're encouraging such behavior.

And how is this advice in favor if rulebreaking?

How is "it's only illegal if you get caught" not advice in favor of rulebreaking?

I feel like I am getting accused of much more than I intended to say.

Why so defensive? 👀

vor 25 Minuten schrieb ----Legacy----:

Because you're encouraging such behavior.

How is "it's only illegal if you get caught" not advice in favor of rulebreaking?

Why so defensive? 👀

I never said it was on my responsibility though, I'm just providing information. Farming conclave is far too boring for me to do however. Even if you farm everything with maximum efficiency it's still a painful slog.

Well if its against the rules ill stop, but i was mainly doing it in public private sessions with just me and the friend for context, also FYI i submitted a support ticket asking since there is a lot of back and fourth on this post, so ill update on what happens

6 hours ago, Sevek7 said:

Yes, it is against the rules.

However, DE have been willfully allowing exploits in conclave for the last 3 years, so chances are you won't be banned. 

Exploits? what exploits? i have been farming with a friend in a public private match, not really a exploit if you can do it by normal means

36 minutes ago, Jivy said:

Exploits? what exploits? i have been farming with a friend in a public private match, not really a exploit if you can do it by normal means

From Wikipedia:

"In video games, an exploit is the use of a bug or glitches, game system, rates, hit boxes, speed or level design etc. by a player to their advantage in a manner not intended by the game's designers."

Finding an empty public lobby (game system) to farm kills / challenges off a friend to gain fast standing (not intended by game's designers) sounds like it fits the definition pretty well.

Personally I don't really mind. I know that PvP is not for everyone, but they still really want the skins or mods or something. I'm just trying to tell you to be careful. You literally just admitted to breaching the EULA on the game's public forum. Proceed with caution!

50 minutes ago, Sevek7 said:

From Wikipedia:

"In video games, an exploit is the use of a bug or glitches, game system, rates, hit boxes, speed or level design etc. by a player to their advantage in a manner not intended by the game's designers."

Finding an empty public lobby (game system) to farm kills / challenges off a friend to gain fast standing (not intended by game's designers) sounds like it fits the definition pretty well.

Personally I don't really mind. I know that PvP is not for everyone, but they still really want the skins or mods or something. I'm just trying to tell you to be careful. You literally just admitted to breaching the EULA on the game's public forum. Proceed with caution!

I thought a exploit meant something done without normal means, if that’s the case I’m sorry

vor 10 Minuten schrieb ----Legacy----:

Doing something illegal only increases the odds of being caught at it (not doing it reduces them to 0%). Since you advice in favor of activities that are known to be against the rules and punished by DE, would you take any responsibility if OP gets caught and loses his account? (if yes, then how?)

Why would I take responsibility? And how is this advice in favor if rulebreaking? I feel like I am getting accused of much more than I intended to say.

35 minutes ago, taiiat said:

people have been given reprimanding for it in the past, so my answer is.....
i can neither confirm nor deny whether you should do that. if you get my drift.

I’m probs just gonna avoid conclave as the situation is just conflicting to be safe, hopefully support will answer this week

8 minutes ago, Pinegulf said:

Short answer: No-one knows what the rules are. This seem to by design. (Or lack thereof) 

It’s why I posted this in the first place, I wanted to post it cause what if I missed something? But again the comments seem to not know if it is against the rules we can only wait for DE’s response

In various streams (I think it was last year, maybe two years ago?), Megan or Rebb specifically said something to the affect of:

"Just grab a friend to help you complete the Conclave weekly challenges"

I know it's a "strawman" answer, but I'm not sure DE even cares about Conclave. They have been silent about if they will allow Nekromek PvP gamemode.

22 minutes ago, LillyRaccune said:

In various streams (I think it was last year, maybe two years ago?), Megan or Rebb specifically said something to the affect of:

"Just grab a friend to help you complete the Conclave weekly challenges"

I know it's a "strawman" answer, but I'm not sure DE even cares about Conclave. They have been silent about if they will allow Nekromek PvP gamemode.

Can i see that source?

Sorry. I have no clue. It could have been any video stream just before or around the time I started participating in the forums.

That's why I said it was a "strawman answer", because I cannot produce evidence without serious investigation. I am not in a position to search, but all the streams are archived on the Warframe Twitch channel.

I mean, if you and your friend(s) start a public match on a dead server region - it might even be the default setting depending on where you live - and noone else joins because Conclave is dead there what are you supposed to do or to blame for? Who would know? Who would care? Who could prove if you didn't play each other "normaly"? Who would report you?

The only issue arises if you match with other players and ruin the competition for them by manipulating/coordinating how the match plays out. I certainly would advice against doing that or anything else that involves players not being part of that whole idea.

That's not an official statement but just my opinion.

1 hour ago, Drachnyn said:

As all things, it's only illegal if you get caught. Specifically in this case this means someone reporting you.

Doing something illegal only increases the odds of being caught at it (not doing it reduces them to 0%). Since you advice in favor of activities that are known to be against the rules and punished by DE, would you take any responsibility if OP gets caught and loses his account? (if yes, then how?)

14 hours ago, Jivy said:

Do you have a source for the message?

Here is the post:

The picture with the support message seems to have been deleted, so all that remains is discussion about it and, as usual, the half story said by the player who got it and some sort of hivemind agreeing with this player and downvoting anyone who disagrees (just reddit, you know)

2 hours ago, ----Legacy---- said:

On one hand, long ago there was a post on reddit by a guy showing a message from support telling that he was risking his account by farming conclave with friends.

On the other hand the only toxic people i've found in conclave are those farming with friends who will usually start harassing anyone who joins their "public" lobby and either leave right away or start calling all sorts of colorful names those of us who just want to play.

Conclave players (the ones playing for fun, not only for the rewards) are quite chill and even give advice mid match, even if that gets them type-killed.

Do you have a source for the message?

17 hours ago, Jivy said:

Not really risking anything, also haven't had a good experience with the community, they can be toxic

On one hand, long ago there was a post on reddit by a guy showing a message from support telling that he was risking his account by farming conclave with friends.

On the other hand the only toxic people i've found in conclave are those farming with friends who will usually start harassing anyone who joins their "public" lobby and either leave right away or start calling all sorts of colorful names those of us who just want to play.

Conclave players (the ones playing for fun, not only for the rewards) are quite chill and even give advice mid match, even if that gets them type-killed.

9 hours ago, ----Legacy---- said:

There is a community built around conclave, getting in touch with them and get advice on active times and how to find matches might be a much better choice than following the "conclave ded" circlejerk and end up risking your account.

Not really risking anything, also haven't had a good experience with the community, they can be toxic

Archived