Sign in to follow this  
[DE]Rebecca

Gradivus Dilemma: Nodes Compromised

Its kind of frustrating to hear that these nodes are disqualified. I understand why, but I ran Spear like 20 times to help the Grineer take it and now its just disqualified? Those 15 runs were, now, wasted and could have been placed elsewhere. These nodes were mostly going to the Grineer; what happens now if the Corpus end up winning the event? That would feel pretty cheap and it feels like the integrity of the event has been compromised. I really liked the concept behind this event, but my experienced would be soured if this influences the results significantly.

poor grineer, they have 10 nodes vs 2 corpus, i'm more concerned about the nodes the corpus lost. ya know, since they were losing to begin with.

• Upvote 3

This is easily the most shameful display of poor sportsmanship I've seen on a gaming community. Sure glad you found out seeing as how I've been supporting the Grineer.

Here's what i think: The corpus supporters whined too much and you caved in, gave them wins, and instead of letting us have the nodes, you EXCLUDE them so no party can win it. I'm done with this game.

sorry but I think this explanation is too stupid to be true.

Best regards,

Michalko

• Upvote 5

truth, spend more time on guarding against hackers, data miners are not a concern

I'd like to quote this post that was on page 17. I suggest reading the whole thing, but what's in bold is what I want you to focus on.

Packet hacking isn't that complicated. The hard part is learning discretion when "practicing" such techniques. When Nexon's business practices started going down the toilet, I can admit that, being young, stupid, and on a ton of unnecessary medications, I dabbled a bit into hacking MapleStory. It was surprisingly easy to just start up a free, anonymous proxy and some freeware packet editing software, edit my toon's packets so that he had a 100x EXP buff, and then packet spam anyone who entered the same map as me into a deep, dark hell of crashes and bugginess. (It was even worse if they tried to log back in on the same channel; they'd just crash again.) In fact, there are entire forums out there, dedicated to hacking games and gaining a "morally gray" advantage over other players. (I won't name any, because I'd much rather I didn't have them as evidence, in the first place.) All it takes is a bit of know-how, or someone who is willing to give out their own work for free and BOOM! Any value that is run through the client and checked by the server is fair game. Money totals? Easy. Stats? Maxed out in less than a second. Server-wide variables and event stats? Maybe a tick more complex, but again, someone with some know-how, (and all the code addresses for the desired variables), can screw an entire MMO service in less time than you can say, "I wonder who's winning the Gradivus Dilemma?"

Frankly, I'm among those who couldn't care less about in-game rewards. I've supported the Grineer in this event all the way, 100 missions to 2. If the Corpus win and I don't get all the pretty little rewards that I want, then oh, well. I think the little badge on the lower-right of my avatar can speak volumes as to my feeling regarding spending money on this game. (I'm actually zeroed out on plat right now... I'm hoping to rectify this within the next week. xD ) But if it's done with hacking, screwing over all of the people who play the game legitimately -- no plat-bought gear, no rushed Foundry items, just hours upon hours of hard-earned rewards -- then I have an issue. If there's one kind of person I hate with all of my being, and then a bit more beyond that, it's people who hack and cheat at PvE, co-op games. It happens in MapleStory, (I know this all to well, I'm ashamed to admit), it happens in Minecraft, (more so in PvP, granted), and it ESPECIALLY happens in 3D shooters. TF2, CoD, Battlefield... You name it, there are hacks for it.

All in all, though, people are going to hack. It's simply a fact of life when it comes to gaming. Since the advent of modern video games, there have been Codebreakers, Action Replays, Gamesharks, what have you. Since PC gaming has become so prominent within recent years, that old mindset of "I can't/won't beat this part, so I'm going to use cheats" turned into "I don't want to play fair, so I'm going to hack-to-win." It's disgusting and agonizingly infuriating, but that's what happens when you give a kid everything, never say "no", and expect them to grow up to be President. Parents set these extravagant expectations of their kids, and then never say "no" when they whine and cry. The world doesn't work that way, so these unfortunates grow up to be perpetual children who can't lose at a video game without feeling like their reality is crumbling around them.

--------------

TL;DR -- The internet is the largest repository of information that mankind has ever had access to. It's child's play to learn hacking, and packet hacking is one of the easiest, most accessible, and most effective ways to turn the tide of any online game in your favor. I really don't understand why people are surprised that it's happening here, too. :I

- 2br02b

EDIT: Didn't want to make a double-post. :I lol

Here. You can have my ration of internets for today. xD

long story short: Hacking is easier than you think, and isn't easily blocked. There are holes in every system - from the lowly F2P online game to the freakin' Pentagon. We can protect ourselves all we want, but eventually someone will find a hole and use it.

Well, guess that sums it up for the Corpus... one sided war is one sided.

That's a real letdown.

So you'd rather those hacked nodes stay in just because your team was losing? You're no better than the asshat that did this.

• Upvote 2

Yeah that's good and all but for the last 3 hours I can't even play my weapon damage statistic has been messed up and they little to no damage even in the arsenal it shows lower damage than what the weapon even unmodded should be doing.My gorgon which normally has a base damage of 24 now is dealing 6!6 for god's sake!And it ain't only my gorgon in fact every weapon I have has this issue.My lexus now shows a basic unmodded damage of 17!it should be doing 70!And it's rank 30!

Yeah that's good and all but for the last 3 hours I can't even play my weapon damage statistic has been messed up and they little to no damage even in the arsenal it shows lower damage than what the weapon even unmodded should be doing.My gorgon which normally has a base damage of 24 now is dealing 6!6 for god's sake!And it ain't only my gorgon in fact every weapon I have has this issue.My lexus now shows a basic unmodded damage of 17!it should be doing 70!And it's rank 30!

Submit a ticket.

Yeah, the arsenal numbers are glitched at times

My lexus now shows a basic unmodded damage of 17!it should be doing 70!And it's rank 30!

lol, I wish I can drive a Lexus in game and run grineer and corpus over

• Upvote 3

Already did but still no answer......

How long did you submit one? If it's only been a few hours, gotta wait a bit longer.  If it's been a few days, then you may want to PM one of the devs/gms on the forum.

So... do you mean these nodes won't count towards clan totals, or not at all, as in, I'll have to re-run 10-15 missions just to get the tier 2 rewards? 

they said the runs for these missions still count towards your total

My vote goes to, rather than banning this person, just announcing their name in the next prime time, disabling all modes of play except online for them, and making them susceptible to friendly fire, permanently. :D.

• Upvote 4

YAY! I hope this player will be getting the banhammer...

Shut up about this now, please.

Were dose the banhammer come from? I would just like to know.

So now the corpus missions start on a captured grineer ship and you have to retake a captured corpus ship from the grineer?

Haha hackers. Well looks like the Corpus are winning now thanks to it so I'm kinda glad it happened. Everyone hopped on the grineer bandwagon early because all the corpus rewards were credits vs rare mats etc. If you argue that this isn't one-sided you're a blind fool. While some may say that not all did grineer for this reason, it's true that a LOT of them did. Took some amount of convincing to tell all my clan members NOT to fight for grineer because we had chosen corpus. Those that refused were asked to leave so they wouldn't negatively affect the clan rating. Only a few chose to go, most stayed and went corpus. While I myself liked the rewards a lot better for grineer I chose to stay devoted to the side that the clan had chosen. My point is only a small percentage of people actually chose grineer for grineer, most chose it for the battlepay. Even still most of the corpus rewards are garbage, though some nodes they started balancing out somewhat. It's just now it's too late and no one's going to switch to corpus. Sad day today,

• Upvote 1

What a nice scapegoat you have managed to come up with that also reinforces your "we must encrypt EVERYTHING" mentality while also making you seem infallible. It's not like you have a repeated history of fixing events and drop tables.

How long did you submit one? If it's only been a few hours, gotta wait a bit longer.  If it's been a few days, then you may want to PM one of the devs/gms on the forum.

4-5 hours ago.I know I have to wait but I am losing the event this way............and that's annoying

4-5 hours ago.I know I have to wait but I am losing the event this way............and that's annoying

Past your 100 missions it doesn't matter. Not worth doing more than that. Event is already set in stone. Run with randoms.

It's bad enough the Corpus were losing but when someone does this, it makes other corpus players look bad as well. I've had people crictize us for "using hax" when it was only one person doing it.  At this point I stopped giving a crap about the winner as had most corpus players. It's a little bit too late to support the other side anyway atm.

Edited by Glisp

Oh my god, so you were hacked?

I hope you track this guy down, grineer AND corpus would have great interest in getting him alive I think.

Lech Kril would love to bring the ( ban)hammer down on this guy!

How about you set them back to where they were instead? Or favor the grineer in battlepay because they were winning big time.

yeah. upvote this

• Upvote 1