Sign in to follow this  
[DE]Rebecca

Gradivus Dilemma: Nodes Compromised

No one in their right mind who could hack into the servers that deep would simply bother with altering the nodes for this Event when they could dos so much more to damage the game, the users, ect.

Also, I like how my previous comment was removed. At least come up with better excuses DE.

Or they found an exploit that tricked the server into thinking a match was completed for a certain side and they did it repeatedly. You don't have to actually have to have 100% access to a network to influence it in anyway.

Edited by Kami3k
  • Upvote 5

What !

This guy is clearly an idiot. I hope that he now knows that he has ruined thousands of players' fun. This goes for anyone else who takes a game too seriously.

I think that id anyone knows anything about this, they should just tell DE.

Not cool man, not cool at all ...

Edited by Bennyworld

It may suck for some people, but I think its interesting someone managed to hack that much of a major event for so many people. Its a terrible, terrible thing to do, but it does take some ingenuity to do it.

Its also a testimate to how well DE codes their missions/events, nothing that major has happened before.

Edited by RoseateHemorrhage
  • Upvote 2

so did a player hack it for the corpous or did it just magically change from an "unknown" source and is going to stay like this and end a day early? 

Cheese grater flails are so much more satisfying.

Also, what Oktober said. Am I going to have to run like 15 missions again, or will affected missions still count for reward tiers?

I think they would because you did honestly run the mission so you do count it as a whole.

Are they going to be removed from our personal count? If so will we get more time to try hit 100?

Sheesh, and I had planned to run 80 more times for corpus to hit 100... to see someone did this... Disgraceful.

I thought that war ended. I thought I will have my hand-cannon and machete. But that was just an guy, tired from war, who hacked up game. =(

Posted · Hidden by [DE]Megan, October 29, 2013 - cleanup
Hidden by [DE]Megan, October 29, 2013 - cleanup

CORPISS CHEATED DISQUALIFY THEM

Awsome work DE!

You really respond quick to these kinds of things, atleast compared

to my experiences of other Dev teams in most other games I played.

All kudos to you guys for keeping us in the loop and working for us

to have a great game!

With utmost respect,

Stormfinnare

• Upvote 3

I am happy that the problem is solved but 1 question -> Will the missions we have done on these nodes count in the total (meaning if I was 50:50 before those missions and did like 10 grineer and 5 corpus - will I still have 60:55 or will it be reverted to 50:50) ?

Also - I just noticed in-game that there are no more event nodes open. Is this the end of the event now then ?

Looks like there is a dilemma...

( •_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)

Within your dilemma 

Edited by iglumajor
  • Upvote 24

A more technical break down would be nice. Were the victories spoofed by a single client or what? You'd certainly use some kind of encryption tables for sure. How the nugget did this happen really? Anyone?

• Upvote 4

I'm gonna be that guy, is our personal information at risk?  

So...

If someone could easily hack/cheat their way into the system to alter values...what's to say our customer information is not at risk? If it's that easy to get in multiple times then c'mon...

This I feel is something that NEEDS to be noted in Rebeccas post.

^I beat ya to it, lol =p

But seriously...this needs an answer. If someone could get into their systems to that easily alter the values why would they bother when they could do SO much more damage. Not to mention who'd be stupid enough to alter the values that dramatically? Anyone with common sense would do it little by little

• Upvote 1