Sign in to follow this  
[DE]Rebecca

Gradivus Dilemma: Nodes Compromised

Also - I just noticed in-game that there are no more event nodes open. Is this the end of the event now then ?

They are probably waiting for the hotfix to be pushed then they will open it up again...

• Upvote 1

Can Corpus supporters have their bloody CORPUS rewards already so people wont be trying to hack unbalanced event?

• Upvote 14

Really? THREAD TITLE COMPRIMISED?

>COMPRIMISED?

How is this not DE rigging the event and saying, oh it's a hacker?

Can't blame new people now, so let's blame hackers?

I'm calling shenanigans. This has gone on for far too long to be always a poor, mismanaged coincidence. Nobody is able to get in and modify the points, just read the stuff.

I've had it, to be honest. Go ahead, ban me, i wouldn't mind. I would finally be free of this.

Here's what i think: The corpus supporters whined too much and you caved in, gave them wins, and instead of letting us have the nodes, you EXCLUDE them so no party can win it. I'm done with this game.

what do you know? lets say we base this on a what if, what if it actually happened?

what if they were actually hackers who did all those things? 

Are you so sure it was rigged? 

I guess someone didn't want the Corpus to lose.

Actually I think Grineer was winning all those nodes. So evidently some Grineer supporter is a big believer of overkill.

Wouldn't the more 'fair' course of action to return the nodes to what they were previously? If you intend to exclude the nodes, a bit more information regarding how you plan on justifying taking away hours of work and hundreds of runs for some people.

• Upvote 1

i still need 14 missions :S and a lot of my friends still need missions,so add at least 1 more node so that we can get tier 3 reward,thanks DE

I laughed.

Do people even realize what this means?

It means that the event was so bad, that it got probably the only person in the community with the right skillset upset enough to try and ruin it...

...by doing the same exact thing DE did, and rigging the result.

That's just pure comedy gold!

Edited by Naqel
  • Upvote 21

so in short terms, there was a player who used a 3rd party program to alter the winning side?

Also is there a preferred way to report security issues? Seems like it would be a good idea to standardize a way and maybe have a bug bounty reward system like so many tech companies out there, so people will be motivated to give you their exploits rather than use them

Wait can't you just remove whatever he put in and keep all the actual participation? I'm pretty sure Grineer were supposed to win most of those

I find it amusing how a professional online coop game can be hacked in such a way

Try to at least find and ban the dude doing it xD

Also please fix the lags on the nodes I sometimes can't even see the movement of the enemies and my skill rating dropped from 30 to 2 in a few lag filled games

Not that I'm complaining, I still finished them and I will get the skill back :)

The person behind this incident has badly rustled my jimmies. Good thing DE were there to unrustle them.

• Upvote 5

It seemed like when Grineer really started winning, the Corpus got all the better battle pay to shift things around. whether it's DE or someone in the community this whole event feels kind of rigged lol. 

• Upvote 2

Really? THREAD TITLE COMPRIMISED?

>COMPRIMISED?

How is this not DE rigging the event and saying, oh it's a hacker?

Can't blame new people now, so let's blame hackers?

I'm calling shenanigans. This has gone on for far too long to be always a poor, mismanaged coincidence. Nobody is able to get in and modify the points, just read the stuff.

I've had it, to be honest. Go ahead, ban me, i wouldn't mind. I would finally be free of this.

Here's what i think: The corpus supporters whined too much and you caved in, gave them wins, and instead of letting us have the nodes, you EXCLUDE them so no party can win it. I'm done with this game.

This is a disturbing controversial opinion that i believe should not be taken lightly.

• Upvote 3

As of last night at 9:15 PM EST we were alerted that the Spear node was acting in a way that suggested a bug was occurring with the event. We reviewed the data and sure enough error was present and the investigation began.

This morning we reviewed further and discovered that this node was in-fact manually altered by a user who again struck this morning with the “Tharsis” node and subsequent active nodes.

All compromised nodes will be excluded from event results. These nodes include:

Spear, Tharsis, Martialis, and Augustus.  

Battle Pay will still be given out for these nodes.

We are hotfixing now to continue the Gradivus Dilemma and are monitoring closely for suspicious activity for the remainder of the event.

Omg really?? Ruining everything,seriously...

It amazes me that someone who has the skill to do this, didn't do anything else while he was in there.

Also, in funnier news, looks like encrypting the drop tables wasn't as good an anti cheating tool as you thought it would be !

• Upvote 5

id like to know if this is the case , will i have to re do about 50 missions to my tier 3 rewards? 

I think they mean the nodes won't count towards the Corpus vs Grineer scores, not profile scores :)

• Upvote 1

Sad to see that some (insert namecalling of your choice) deems it neccessary to ruin the fun for the whole community just for his or her personal gain.

I'd gladly hand this thing that calls itself Tenno to either the Grineer or the Corpus for that.

Anyway. It's good to see that DE's response time is really fast. I admire their honesty about stuff like that.

• Upvote 4