Sign in to follow this  
[DE]Rebecca

Gradivus Dilemma: Nodes Compromised

Can you bring back the Augustus node? That went by too fast and was 1 away from getting orokin cell

My concern is, aside from the issue of what damage this hacker managed to cause, is how this effects all of us who were hoping to have time to finish their 100 runs today.

Given that the missions have quite rightly been taken offline, is there going to be an extension to allow people in other timezones to complete the event? Without losing out because they have to go to work?

• Upvote 4

Holy... With grineer about to win two of those planets, and they suddenly all turn corpus. I hope there would be an investigation. But Thanks DE for this event, it was pretty fun and cool how it worked.

This is a disturbing controversial opinion that i believe should not be taken lightly.

Yes, it's the disturbing controversial opinion of some asshat who needs to take a step away from the keyboard and figure out why video games make him so angry.

• Upvote 6

A) Isn't the event supposed to run another day?  Having it end early sucks if you were trying for 100.

B) Will the runs done in the removed nodes count towards individual reward totals?

So this is what DE gets when they frequently hand out prizes worth nearly $70 USD, give us countless freebie items, change the boss battles so that they always drop their most important loot, and take the time to host community events? People who aren't satisfied with playing the game the way they are supposed to, and absolutely, positively, have to have some specific reward? Who don't care about ruining something for other people who are having a good time?

Disgusting.

That aside, can we have some details as to how the exclusion is going to work? Or what this is going to mean for the schedule of the event? If it's supposed to last until Wednesday, and it isn't finished being fixed up by Wednesday, does that mean it's basically over? If that's the case, thanks a bunch; it was fun while it lasted.

• Upvote 11

Well you might as well throw the whole thing out the window, because now you open yourself up to "Well if we knew those nods didn't matter we would have focus on the fights that did, and so and so side would have won." This event as a whole has been kind of mishandled or poorly thought out IMO. 

• Upvote 3

Grineer logic, just bc they are losing it must mean a corpus' doing

dude.. do you realize that we are winning by a massive landslide?? (we meaning grineer)

• Upvote 3

Expected that it was you who rigged the event. this is far more serious, you need to up your security measures.

I dont feel my account is safe anymore. I hope you do a lot to improve security before the trading update.

• Upvote 1

a banhammer for this player would be to good. he/she is screwing it all up for all of us who are enjoying the most awesome event ever! 

he or she deserves a true high five! in the face! with a chair, made of steel. by hulk, on a adrenaline rush.. Twice!!

• Upvote 1

DE, please confirm/verify our runs we did on excluded nodes aren't being striked through i.e. still count towards our tiered rewards. Also, please give us the exact number of what nodes are officially won by what faction. So much confusion!

• Upvote 3

Battle Pay will still be given out for these nodes.

Oh thank god, didn't see that lil' piece of critical info the first time I read the post.

Also, hope we don't have to do those runs again, because I DON"T have time to do them. All I have is 31 runs, and I would be very disappointed if I have to do 10-15 of those again.

I put a lot of runs into some of these nodes.

Does this mean i have to run this event 40 more times.

Your grinding events aren't fun DE.

Edited by Oizen
  • Upvote 3

w8.. does that means all my thartis farm will b gone? i had almost 200 there or so, PLS DO NOT DO THAT!!!! i worked my &#! off for this! do not punish players who had no idea bout what was goin on and did the event on rules and regulations by killing every single target...

This is a disturbing controversial opinion that i believe should not be taken lightly.

It's also completely unfounded, in all honestly the only way DE would have rigged this event is by cherry picking battle pay rewards to favour a side.

• Upvote 1

^I beat ya to it, lol =p

But seriously...this needs an answer. If someone could get into their systems to that easily alter the values why would they bother when they could do SO much more damage. Not to mention who'd be stupid enough to alter the values that dramatically? Anyone with common sense would do it little by little

They weren't in the system directly, more than likely they were exploiting something client-side, possibly in solo mode, that allowed them to complete the missions at a greatly accelerated rate. According to what we've seen so far.

This means that effectively in the time it took the grineer players to complete single missions, it's possible that a corpus player('s) was completing 50+

I would say the whole event is in question now, i mean, 1 run = 1 point, and i've done 66, but there are people on the leaderboards with OVER A THOUSAND POINTS in a single faction.

even at 5 minutes a run, 5x1800 is still 6 and a quarter full days of play. and the top players on the leaderboards are at like, 1830+ Points, with many others over a thousand.

DE, can you do something drastic? Hotfix the shenanigans, then restart the event completely and move it to another system. Then lets see who wins, fair and square.

• Upvote 4

I think a take-home lesson that sums this all up rather nicely is, "Don't take games so seriously."
Peace out.