Sign in to follow this  
[DE]Rebecca

Gradivus Dilemma: Nodes Compromised

I'm saddened to see so many people still believe the initial favour to the grineer was an intentional rigging of the event.
This event is won by map dominance, corpus had control of the map. They started with a huge advantage. The early grineer favour was just to balance that, and it worked too well. 
That rigging is nothing at all like what's happened with this hacker. 

• Upvote 3

No one in their right mind who could hack into the servers that deep would simply bother with altering the nodes for this Event when they could dos so much more to damage the game, the users, ect.

Also, I like how my previous comment was removed. At least come up with better excuses DE.

Really? THREAD TITLE COMPRIMISED?

>COMPRIMISED?

How is this not DE rigging the event and saying, oh it's a hacker?

Can't blame new people now, so let's blame hackers?

I'm calling shenanigans. This has gone on for far too long to be always a poor, mismanaged coincidence. Nobody is able to get in and modify the points, just read the stuff.

I've had it, to be honest. Go ahead, ban me, i wouldn't mind. I would finally be free of this.

Here's what i think: The corpus supporters whined too much and you caved in, gave them wins, and instead of letting us have the nodes, you EXCLUDE them so no party can win it. I'm done with this game.

A does of reality to you two hackers can do a lot even those not skilled enough to get into servers and since event is based or server receiving grineer or corpus wins (until on reaches a certain total after difference between the two is found).  A hacker doesn't need access to server just a client to send hacked wins to as stated before.  To call DE liars when they have been the most open of all game developers is not only rude, but ungrateful.  Honestly this whole thing could have been avoided if people didn't cheat to favor themselves (they didn't cheat for Corpus they cheated because they want the corpus rewards simple as that).

• Upvote 11

So he was able to access the status of the conflicted nodes, but does this mean he is able to access anything else? Account data, for example?

So... if those  4 nodes were Grineer we fall from 10-3 to 6-3 right?

Things just got interesting... shall Corpus win?

Prolly some Corpus fanboy who has wet dreams of the Detron who also happens to be a very skilled hacker... or something. Still, I'd love to spit on his coffin at his funeral. 

• Upvote 2

They hacked the grineer nukes and used against them :)

I knew it!

The Corpus is run by Skynet!

• Upvote 1

How come "a user" could find and abuse such exploit for 2 days straight, while YOU were on alert and watching...

• Upvote 4

My concern is, aside from the issue of what damage this hacker managed to cause, is how this effects all of us who were hoping to have time to finish their 100 runs today.

Given that the missions have quite rightly been taken offline, is there going to be an extension to allow people in other timezones to complete the event? Without losing out because they have to go to work?

This, I just started on doing my second batch of 50 missions since I had time now and now I can't do them until they have fixed it. If it takes more than 4 hours then I'll have to pass on that today and while I can do some missions tomorrow (wasn't expecting to do all 50 this evening) I can't do them all then, so an extension would be nice if this lasts some time.

Edit: Your contributions to these nodes still count for your mission totals.

Well that answers an important question.

Well you might as well throw the whole thing out the window, because now you open yourself up to "Well if we knew those nods didn't matter we would have focus on the fights that did, and so and so side would have won." This event as a whole has been kind of mishandled or poorly thought out IMO. 

I personally think this event was fantastic. The event hasn't been mishandled, that implies DE screwed the event up themselves - when the statement clearly says that an outside source edited the event results to favour their own choice.

At the end of the day, this event was a good step in the direction of how events should feel and be and is a vast improvement on past events. I thoroughly enjoyed this event and look forward to more.

• Upvote 6

Yes, it's the disturbing controversial opinion of some asshat who needs to take a step away from the keyboard and figure out why video games make him so angry.

I agree it was wrongfully and self demeaningly stated but the point he struggled to convey should be reflected upon.

Addendum : either way , this is bad for DE and this whole event was badly planned in my opinion.But if it was a stray hacker countermeasures to future proof servers should be taken.

Edited by Hedgehog

As of last night at 9:15 PM EST we were alerted that the Spear node was acting in a way that suggested a bug was occurring with the event. We reviewed the data and sure enough error was present and the investigation began.

This morning we reviewed further and discovered that this node was in-fact manually altered by a user who again struck this morning with the “Tharsis” node and subsequent active nodes.

All compromised nodes will be excluded from event results. These nodes include:

Spear, Tharsis, Martialis, and Augustus.  

Battle Pay will still be given out for these nodes.

We are hotfixing now to continue the Gradivus Dilemma and are monitoring closely for suspicious activity for the remainder of the event.

I just hope know how many battles we must play to reach 100....

[All compromised nodes will be excluded from event results.]

by excluded, did you mean the battle there didn't count to the total support point? please say 'no'.

Whew.... I knew it couldn't be right..... The Grineer were winning most of them and then I log in and the Corpus won and I was like what the heck?

Thanks DE!

how about restarting the events on the nodes that have been hacked to give those who were doing them, but couldnt complet them, the chance to get the battlepayment?

so.. someone obviously on corpus side due to the fact that they were wavering the scores in favor of the corpus decide to hack the point score within several nodes and even though the grineer won several of the nodes that were modified.. they still become null and void as far as points go towards winning this event? So that means the 50 + missions i did for each of those missions are all for not and now i am left to complain here. I expect some sort of compensation due to the fact that some grineer supporters including myself and my clan members worked hard to win those nodes.

• Upvote 1

So i suppose all that knee jerk "the event is rigged, De fixed the event" rage was a bit misplaced and premature.  Wow who'd a thunk it.

Good job on catching the error and working to repair and prevent further abuses DE.  

Now I just have to get back to the greed.

• Upvote 3