Sign in to follow this  
[DE]Rebecca

Gradivus Dilemma: Nodes Compromised

Questions:

1) What does this mean towards my personal event progress? Do missions I ran on those nodes no longer count?

2) The same questions above but in relation to clan progress.

Statement:

I'd say given what's happened, it would be more fair to just award both sides of the event as it's compromised already. I am a Grineer supporter so it's not like my side is losing in this was, I just feel from what's seen in the forums and now this, the event is kind of a black spot on Warframe and as a whole that will be forever plagued with "Side A had better rewards" or "Side B hacked to win, so why does side A lose more nodes"

Edited by Daedalus_Fox

We must crush the greedy milk from their skulls, the corpus shall pay with their useless lives!

Seriously, what a bummer, has there been confirmation that our total matches played won't be effected? I'm at exactly 100 currently and would hate to lose that.

Also seriously folks, one side having better rewards is a terrible reason to fight for em lol. I've been 100% grineer, and the only part of vauban I needed was a corpus reward. Sure it tore me up inside to forgo the rewards, but I'd rather fight to free my fellow tenno, if that means I have to sacrifice things, to make sure the corpus don't get their claws in our brethren so be it! 

Edited by DBHAShadow
  • Upvote 2

Got awarded battle pay, yay?

Was working toward battle pay in 2 of the nodes when the hacker struck, guess no battle pay for those then?

Hacking a F2P Game..... these retards are the reasons games like Tera:Rising is banning regions. Hacking. 

Good job hackers. 

Now they are going to think of banning your region from playing this game. Sighs...

Edited by AliciaTA
  • Upvote 1

how about restarting the events on the nodes that have been hacked to give those who were doing them, but couldnt complet them, the chance to get the battlepayment?

Yea i actually agree with this .. it seems to be the simplest resolution to the problem .. let the nodes resolve again and make them have different rewards seeing as we have already received the previous battle payments

[All compromised nodes will be excluded from event results.]

by excluded, did you mean the battle there didn't count to the total support point? please say 'no'.

by excluded they mean they found a way to please the crying masses of corpus babys flooding the forums, and now they blame " hackers"

• Upvote 3

I was at 75 before DE said they would exclude scores from those nodes... damn it I'm never gonna get those weapons....

Grineer logic, just bc they are losing it must mean a corpus' doing

Why would the Grineers will make Corpus win that make no sense to me too

Hopefully the Gradivus Dilemma will be back up soon, I still have some battles left to do. :D

It does seem pretty pathetic that somebody would do this, Warframe still has a great reputation, it's a shame that those sore loser Corpus supporters had to go this far.

I hope you misstyped "supporters". If not, i dont see why corpus supporters should all be blaimed for their choice just because a single as****e messes up with the game... As a corpus supporter i do not endorse cheating and hope that this "I-think-i-can-do-what-i-like" cheater gets banned.

• Upvote 3

I thought it was really odd when I seen a control point shift from 80% in Grineer control to 1.4% within one Capture mission. 

• Upvote 1

It's also completely unfounded, in all honestly the only way DE would have rigged this event is by cherry picking battle pay rewards to favour a side.

I try and ignore ideas like that. In getting this far I ran across someone that was proud that the event was hacked because he felt the event was rigged. Whether the hacker was a Corpus supporter or just someone trying to screw with the game doesn't matter. What  matters is that the servers or better to say, the event was hacked. Most likely they'll let people have their runs count since the battle pay's being given out but the territories will be discounted from the over all or reset to how they were last night.  I will however agree that if they set up the final reward so that the winning side gets their weapons potato'd and the weapon slot while the losing side gets their side's blue print. It would reduce the urge of hackers to try getting what they want by force. And for anyone that's about to say I'm a Corpus supporter.. No, I went Grineer but as it is, it would feel like a dirty win considering we didn't fight things out to the ultimate end. In character I'm strictly grineer in this fight but I'll help the corpus players in runs today and tomorrow as well if the event can get running again.

The implications that someone would only rig the Corpus scores amuses me endlessly. And it's never just ONE USER. Points could have been added/subtracted on both sides of the war effort. 

Well, F*** both sides. I am going full 50/50 Neutral as of now. 

Why would the Grineers will make Corpus win that make no sense to me too

Conspiracy !

Tin Foil hat is the next Nova helmet !

• Upvote 3

So he was able to access the status of the conflicted nodes, but does this mean he is able to access anything else? Account data, for example?

Chances are they couldn't. DE had these issues early in beta and reinforced their defences then. Speculation is that this is someone editing their client (personal computer) side and transmitting bogus results to the servers. That just means they're sending crappy data, not gaining access to secure assets at DE's office.

Also a note to make - DE does not handle ANY payment or credit card details, it is all through 3rd party websites and game cards, therefore whatever the hackers may do in the future they should never have any kind of access to the playerbase's financial details in regards to hacking Warframe and DE.

• Upvote 2

wow, just wow

PumbaJawDRop.gif

I can't believe someone would stoop so low. Please tell me you caught and perma IP banned this jerk!

• Upvote 1

Interesting. Are you sure it just started with Spear and not much earlier? 

I find it doubtful. For the most part, it seems like regions were winning based on the battle pay rewards: better reward was winning out regardless of faction a majority of the time (Grineer just happened to be offering better rewards a lot of the time). I don't recall seeing any battle where the winner made me think "well that's odd" from that perspective.

Possible? Yes, but unlikely.

I just hope this doesn't prevent more battle points from happening before the event ends. I still need 5 more battles for the 100 fight event cap. Never could have predicted something like THIS happening when I thought "eh I'll do the last 5 tomorrow" last night. x.x

Edited by Shjade
  • Upvote 1

Funny how almost everyone in this thread immediately assumes that those nodes were hacked in favour of Corpus, although Rebecca's posting does not give any such information.

[size=1]/e: Added "almost"[/size]

Edited by Bibliothekar
  • Upvote 7