Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack heading in the right/wrong direction?

HelmetTooTight

7 hours ago, Nichivo said:

You can't really use Star Citizen as an example. It's an entirely different architecture then warframes p2p. You could kind of compare Star Citizen with Planetside as they are doing similar things, and have dedicated servers. Comparing mass multiplayer using dedicated servers to a p2p system with 4 players at any given time is horribly disingenuous. 

I used it as an example of what happens then you go over what netcode can handle. 

21 minutes ago, bad4youLT said:

I used it as an example of what happens then you go over what netcode can handle. 

Yeah but it's not planetside 2 actually set world records twice once in 2015 with a battle that had 1158 players of which I was one, and again in 2020 with a battle containing 1283 persons which I missed. I remember quite regularly battle in planet side 2 with roughly 50 vanu sovereignty , 50, new conglomerate, and 50 terran republic, that were remarkably low on lag and issues. Granted Sony(now daybreak games) had money to burn, and frankly Star Citizen doesn't have those kinds of resources, which is only one of a few reasons they are struggling with 50 players.

Archived