question about railjack caches

CaptainSpear

Question

im reading the drop tables and im trying to get the athodai.  i just have a quick question about caches- they are the loot caves with the white marker right? NOT any secondary objectives?

as in- if i have the ability to ignore the secondary objectives, should i? 

7 answers to this question

31 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

From the wiki:

1st cache is rewarded for completing points of interest. 2nd cache is rewarded for activating terminals on Abandoned Derelict Caches

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Venus_Proxima#Caches

From this it would appear that loot is distributed via the derelict terminal as well as mission POI (the yellow marker optional objectives). You have to do both for a chance at an Athodai roll. 

Basically, play the mission and complete all objectives and waypoints. You cannot ignore the secondary objectives.

I may be mistaken but this is how I'd guess it works since this is listed in Rotation format. Generally to unlock Rotation B rewards you have to have done Rotation A.

Not quite right, the White marker IS the rotation B cache, the other Optional yellow objectives that you can find are Rotation A caches which can reward things like Endo, RJ parts, titanium etc. So you only have to complete the White marker objective for a drop chance of Athodai.

Edited by -CdG-Zilchy
  • Like 2

hace 24 minutos, Leqesai dijo:

From the wiki:

1st cache is rewarded for completing points of interest. 2nd cache is rewarded for activating terminals on Abandoned Derelict Caches

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Venus_Proxima#Caches

From this it would appear that loot is distributed via the derelict terminal as well as mission POI (the yellow marker optional objectives). You have to do both for a chance at an Athodai roll. 

Basically, play the mission and complete all objectives and waypoints. You cannot ignore the secondary objectives.

I may be mistaken but this is how I'd guess it works since this is listed in Rotation format. Generally to unlock Rotation B rewards you have to have done Rotation A.

I got Rotation B rewards (by doing the derelict cache) and ignored the secondary mission every single time. So unless DE changed that, you can pick the rotation reward.

i can now confirm this:

the rotation B drop cache is tied to the loot cave, not the point of interest.

i looted the cave once, and made a point not to search the POI. i got a athodai BP from it.

you can safely ignore  POI if you hunting for rotation B drops exclusively.

5 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Not quite right, the White marker IS the rotation B cache, the other Optional yellow objectives that you can find are Rotation A caches which can reward things like Endo, RJ parts, titanium etc. So you only have to complete the White marker objective for a drop chance of Athodai.

Thanks for the clarification!