Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Post update 29.10.7 Railjack solo meta list

DavidDaGreat

Disclaimer: Might not be 100% correct, please leave comments below and correct me if something is wrong

Components:
  Shield array: Zetki shield array (shortest shield regen delay and good passive)
  Engines: Lavan engines (highest total speed when boosting, you boost all the time)
  Plating: Lavan ~= Vidar plating (Lavan if you prefer higher EHP, Vidar if you prefer more regen)
  Reactor: Zetki reactor (highest ability strength boost with moderate range boost + 50% chance to repair fire/ice/electric hazard)
    Why not Lavan reactor: 25% shield boost while equipping Lavan plating isn't that good when paired with Zetki shield array, and ability duration is not useful

Armaments:
  Pilot gun: Zetki Photor (Kill orm crewship shield drones through the shield) / Carcinnox (High damage with puncture status for one-shotting high level crewships with Forward Artillery)
  Swivel guns: Zetki ~= Vidar talyn (shreds enemy fighters with 2 gunners)
  Ordnance: Tycho seeker

Battle Mods:
  Defensive: Blackout pulse (stops crewship engines for easy artillery aiming)
  Offensive: Shatter Burst (Destroy all objective radiators, security nodes and crewship shield radiators with 1 tap)
  Super: Seeker Volley (Wrecks swarms of fighters)

Tactical Mods: 
  Defensive: Any, if you join public by any chance Form Up is best (For recalling afk players / noobs)
  Offensive: Death Blossom (Removes turret heat for gunners so they can shoot talyn nonstop)
  Super: Void Cloak (Panic button, battle forge isn't needed as you only craft dome charges and they replenish to full when you start a new mission)

Integrated Mods:
  Aura: Orgone Tuning Matrix / Ironclad Matrix (Since all your crewmates copy your plexus and aura mod, both of them give a huge boost to either turret heat capacity or railjack survivability)
  Must-have mods: Hyperstrike, Section density, Predator, Ion burn, Conic Nozzle
    Racist mods if you want the highest damage possible, don't do it if you are lazy
  Recommended: Crimson Fugue (For boosting gunners damage)
  QoL mods: Cruising Speed, Artillery Cheap Shot, Ripload, Quicklock, Warhead, Fortifying Fire, Turret Velocity, Revo reducer, Protective Shots
    Forward Artillery (Only when paired with means of reducing armor / damage buff like carcinnox)

Crewmates
  1x Engineer: 5 Repair, 5 Combat, 3 Endurance (Fights intruders when not repairing, so no defender needed)
  2x Gunners: 5 Gunnery, others doesn't matter

Crewmate weapons:
  Anything with AOE and good damage, Ignis Wraith, Acceltra, etc

54 minutes ago, DavidDaGreat said:

Disclaimer: Might not be 100% correct, please leave comments below and correct me if something is wrong

Components:
  Shield array: Zetki shield array (fastest shield regeneration)
  Engines: Lavan engines (highest total speed when boosting, you boost all the time)
  Plating: Lavan ~= Vidar plating (Lavan if you prefer higher EHP, Vidar if you prefer more regen)
  Reactor: Zetki reactor (highest ability strength boost with moderate range boost + 50% chance to repair fire/ice/electric hazard)
    Why not Lavan reactor: 25% shield boost while equipping Lavan plating isn't that good when paired with Zetki shield array, and ability duration is not useful

Armaments:
  Pilot gun: Zetki Photor (Kill orm crewship shield drones through the shield)
  Swivel guns: Zetki ~= Vidar talyn (shreds enemy fighters with 2 gunners)
  Ordnance: Tycho seeker

Battle Mods:
  Defensive: Blackout pulse (stops crewship engines for easy artillery aiming)
  Offensive: Shatter Burst (Destroy all objective radiators, security nodes and crewship shield radiators with 1 tap)
  Super: Seeker Volley (Wrecks swarms of fighters)

Tactical Mods: 
  Defensive: Any, if you join public by any chance Form Up is best (For recalling afk players / noobs)
  Offensive: Death Blossom (Removes turret heat for gunners so they can shoot talyn nonstop)
  Super: Void Cloak (Panic button, battle forge isn't needed as you only craft dome charges and they replenish to full when you start a new mission)

Integrated Mods:
  Aura: Orgone Tuning Matrix / Ironchad Matrix (Since all your crewmates copy your plexus and aura mod, both of them give a huge boost to either turret heat capacity or railjack survivability)
  Must-have mods: Hyperstrike, Section density, Predator, Ion burn, Conic Nozzle
    Racist mods if you want the highest damage possible, don't do it if you are lazy
  Recommended: Crimson Fugue (For boosting gunners damage)
  QoL mods: Cruising Speed, Artillery Cheap Shot, Ripload, Quicklock, Warhead, Fortifying Fire, Turret Velocity, Revo reducer, Protective Shots
  Overrated: Forward Artillery (Can't 1 shot High level corpus crewships without hitting the engines, but if you do hit the engines you can 1 shot without the mod)

Crewmates
  1x Engineer: 5 Repair, 5 Combat, 3 Endurance (Fights intruders when not repairing, so no defender needed)
  2x Gunners: 5 Gunnery, others doesn't matter

Crewmate weapons:
  Anything with AOE and good damage, Ignis Wraith, Acceltra, etc

That is pretty much my setup i was amazed even crew ranks you described are exact the same as i picked same for weapons

Tay4Lze.gif

1 hour ago, DavidDaGreat said:

Overrated: Forward Artillery (Can't 1 shot High level corpus crewships without hitting the engines, but if you do hit the engines you can 1 shot without the mod)

Maybe I'm getting something wrong here, but I have that FA damage mod installed and I one-shot corpus crewships regardless of where I hit.

1 minute ago, o0Despair0o said:

Maybe I'm getting something wrong here, but I have that FA damage mod installed and I one-shot corpus crewships regardless of where I hit.

Sometimes it wouldn't one shot them. It happened to me few times. 

Most of the time tho, it works well.

12 minutes ago, o0Despair0o said:

A few questions:
  Were you buffed by components/ abilities? (For example 25% dmg boost when shields are depleted from zetki shield array)
  Were you playing on LU-YAN? (Corpus Veil node with highest fighter level)
  Was the crew ship debuffed by statuses / abilities?
  Do you have Granum's Nemesis mod equipped?

16 minutes ago, cliffghost said:

How is this setup META in any way? What are the advances about other setups?

There aren't much choices for railjack atm, you are welcome to suggest other powerful setups that doesn't utilize exploits for others to see.

10 minutes ago, DavidDaGreat said:

A few questions:
  Were you buffed by components/ abilities? (For example 25% dmg boost when shields are depleted from zetki shield array)
  Were you playing on LU-YAN? (Corpus Veil node with highest fighter level)
  Was the crew ship debuffed by statuses / abilities?
  Do you have Granum's Nemesis mod equipped?

I was playing solo, and my shields are usually up, as I take out nearby fighters first.

I dunno. I completed all corpus missions and I spent most time on mid-level farming nautilus (ended up buying it anyway, screw that RNG), but I was one-shotting them in Veil, too.

Maybe. Sometimes. Usually I just take out the shield drone and the nuke the ship, but other times I disable it first.

No.

All I got installed are hyper strike, crit mods, FA, turret range/projectile speed, and a few QoL mods like cruising speed.

3 minutes ago, o0Despair0o said:

I was playing solo, and my shields are usually up, as I take out nearby fighters first.

I dunno. I completed all corpus missions and I spent most time on mid-level farming nautilus (ended up buying it anyway, screw that RNG), but I was one-shotting them in Veil, too.

Maybe. Sometimes. Usually I just take out the shield drone and the nuke the ship, but other times I disable it first.

No.

All I got installed are hyper strike, crit mods, FA, turret range/projectile speed, and a few QoL mods like cruising speed.

I did the node I mentioned again with Forward Artillery equipped, shot a crewship in its face and it was alive with 1/5 hp left
Mind posting your setup?

35 minutes ago, Rawbeard said:

because it's his

Mostly not, I gathered info from other player's posts since the update.
I could have missed some hidden op builds that only a few people know though.

vor 14 Minuten schrieb DavidDaGreat:

There aren't much choices for railjack atm, you are welcome to suggest other powerful setups that doesn't utilize exploits for others to see.

I'm at the highest intrinsics levels so my experiences can differ from those of others:

Any MKIII gear would do the job (I use house versions of Pulsars for example). Battle mods and tactical mods are QoL but not really necessary if you have at least one rank 5 gunner equipped. Forward artillery is also QoL but not mandatory because a Slingshot TrashKong (insert your favorite warframe instead if you don't agree) could do the job as well.

Hyperstrike, Section density, Predator, Ion burn, Conic Nozzle are good choices. The rest is matter of taste...

4 minutes ago, DavidDaGreat said:

I did the node I mentioned again with Forward Artillery equipped, shot a crewship in its face and it was alive with 1/5 hp left
Mind posting your setup?

Not sure if they changed it with the new Empyrean update but using Carcinox turrets on the Crewships back in old Veil you could gain a plasma damage buff to 1 shot them with the cannon, regardless of hitting engines or hull.

1 minute ago, cliffghost said:

I'm at the highest intrinsics levels so my experiences can differ from those of others:

Any MKIII gear would do the job (I use house versions of Pulsars for example). Battle mods and tactical mods are QoL but not really necessary if you have at least one rank 5 gunner equipped. Forward artillery is also QoL but not mandatory because a Slingshot TrashKong (insert your favorite warframe instead if you don't agree) could do the job as well.

Hyperstrike, Section density, Predator, Ion burn, Conic Nozzle are good choices. The rest is matter of taste...

I agree with you. The mode is not hard enough to warrant a meta, play whatever is fun.

19 minutes ago, DavidDaGreat said:

Mind posting your setup?

15 minutes ago, o0Despair0o said:

Gimme a minute, I'm gonna try that node myself.

b5JNwqn.jpg

pOz7h35.jpg

I went to that node. Took out the shield drone and the 3 security nodes on the back in archwing, then fired the FA at its front from about 4 KM distance.

One shot did a bit over 100K damage, another only about 50K.

I don't know what the theoretical max damage of the FA is, but I assume that if I had gotten a "full" crit on the first shot it would have one-hit killed it. Either way that 100K did take out roughly 95% if its health. That's without any debuffs from shooting it with turrets.

11 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Not sure if they changed it with the new Empyrean update but using Carcinox turrets on the Crewships back in old Veil you could gain a plasma damage buff to 1 shot them with the cannon, regardless of hitting engines or hull.

It still works, puncture status from carcinnox and other guns reduce armor of enemies

10 minutes ago, o0Despair0o said:

b5JNwqn.jpg

pOz7h35.jpg

I went to that node. Took out the shield drone and the 3 security nodes on the back in archwing, then fired the FA at its front from about 4 KM distance.

One shot did a bit over 100K damage, another only about 50K.

I don't know what the theoretical max damage of the FA is, but I assume that if I had gotten a "full" crit on the first shot it would have one-hit killed it. Either way that 100K did take out roughly 95% if its health. That's without any debuffs from shooting it with turrets.

22 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Edited the thread, thanks for helping

22 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

I agree with you. The mode is not hard enough to warrant a meta, play whatever is fun.

That's true, play whatever is fun. However some players get satisfaction of having the best railjack in the galaxy and that's fun for them, and farming efficiency matters for some people.

23 minutes ago, Hayrack said:

Bless the autocorrect 😁

Edited lol

Your Railjack is already invincible with base equipment (crew can repair infinitely). Seeker Volley replaces the need for any weapons. Artillery oneshots crewships anyway (hit the engines).

So the solo Railjack meta is "Use Seeker Volley and hit the engines when using the artillery, if crewships moving is a nuisance to you, add Blackout Pulse."

Crew competency is completely and utterly irrelevant aside from their ability to deal with boarding parties. And you can avoid getting boarded.

33 minutes ago, TheLexiConArtist said:

Zetki Shield is the shortest recharge delay, but for some reason, atrocious in recharge rate and also worst in capacity. I'm sure that has to be a mistake on DE's part, and they meant to standardise all three to max at a 30% rate with the variance only in the cap versus delay.

Thats what I meant, edited to avoid confusion

Archived