Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Affinity leveling lost during Railjack mission

Lifsteinn

I did Arva Vector mission (Neptune Proxima), it is a Defense mission, until wave 15, I extracted after the end of wave 15, went to Orcus Relay (Pluto Proxima) to change the equipaments and noticed that I lost all progress leveling my equipment my Necramech was rank 30+ for example, and now went back to rank 23. Same with all equipment used.

• Like 6

It's a side effect from the "Fixed Affinity from Railjack missions can be reapplied by enter/exiting Free Flight" fix in 29.10.4.
The problem is, that affinity is only properly updated when returning to the orbiter. Before, it appeared as if they forgot to reset the affinity variable at the start of a mission (when launched from a hub or dojo) which lead to that exploit (accumulated affinity would be applied at the beginning of the mission since it wasn't reset to zero).
And now it appears as if they would read the (old) affinity value before updating it (or from the wrong source, or reset it at the wrong time) which might have been the initial bug. As far as I recall, the 3rd mission will start with the affinity gained in the first, 4th with 2nd, etc. And I also believe that once you return to your orbiter, the entire sum of affinity is read/displayed correctly.
This is merely anecdotal and from over a week ago. If someone wants to try, check if going to Free Flight/Roam after a mission, and returning to the hub/dojo, updates the missing affinity.

I did a Misson on Venus Proxima Fallen Glory to Wave 20 I used my Necramech with an Grattler equipped and Leveled the Grattler up to level 30 at least my UI said so. After extracting the mission i was down to Level 25 on my Grattler.

• Like 1

Just got this today. Went in to Obol Crossing (Pluto Proxima) with a lvl 21 Mausolon and ended the mission with it at 27. No bonus affinity granted when moving to the Dojo dry dock, where it still showed 27. 

Then I extracted to the Liset, and the completion screen showed bonus affinity granted up to max rank (30). When I went in the loadout, it was still 27. Rebooted the game, still 27. 

Edited by blackgu4rd
  • Like 1

Every time I play Railjack missions the bonus affinity gets completely lost. Even when I fly to the Dojo and return to the orbiter. Bonus affinity will display at the mission end screen but it's never applied.

Edit: I can replicate this bug 100% of the time. Go to Pluto Proxima - Obol Crossing. Play some rounds of Defense. None of the Bonus XP gained during the Defense part of the mission will be awarded.

Edited by mblmg
  • Like 2

I have this happen randomly and I can never determine the rhyme or reason. Sometimes when I complete a Railjack mission, go to the Dojo, then go back to my orbiter, the bonus affinity just doesn't seem to apply. Sometimes it happens, and sometimes it doesn't - I'm not sure what causes it exactly, but it seems to happen less often if I go do another mission real fast first, like if I do the first skirmish on Earth real fast and THEN go to Dojo and then to orbiter. I don't know if maybe doing the mission after sort of "locks" the bonus from the first mission in place? But also I didn't notice if I ever lose affinity from that second mission. Either way, it's kind of irritating because I've lost a fair bit of leveling progress to this bug on multiple occasions in Railjack.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This bug is still present at the time of this post. Primary weapon, nercramech and archgun all lost their bonus-affinity. 

Intrinsics seems fine (maybe they never had bonus affinity)

• 2 weeks later...

Reporting this is still happening.  Losing all bonus affinity when I return to dry dock or orbiter.  On PS5, ranked new Vastilock to max, dropped to 25 when I got back.

EDIT: My bad, wrong platform thread.  Guess it's good to know it's game wide though lol

Edited by (PSN)SteveOMatic
Wrong spot
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wanted to post an update with a slightly different problem along the same lines.

I was running RJ survivals to rank my necramech, and found that my ranks didn't carry over from the previous survival I did. The ranks showed in my mission progress tab, but didn't translate to actual gameplay (I couldn't use abilites because they weren't unlocked).

1219FB91551CEE35B63DBADBCCB6E03C0C65896B (1920×1017)

^Here, my abilities aren't unlocked, as if I'm rank 1

9EA52D2237EB37706DFFC33E4FBE908FA1CD195D (1920×1017)

^This is right at the time of the first screenshot, shows my bonewidow's rank is, in fact, 20

0B05BB05E95FD6A431A96FB76C42A19FE2C3DD14 (1920×1017)

^My bonewidow ranked, but not to or over 20: it seemed to reset.

DA1934786609DF3D9C444CAFE62C126F4BDB0884 (1920×1017)

^This was taken right after that r4 rank up. It's giving the proper experience, but it's like my previous mission doesn't even exist in terms of actual gameplay. It was really frustrating, because this simply shouldn't happen. I should've had all my levels and abilities to use. I was stuck the entire mission just trying to get my Ironbride back, but instead had to just use my gun, which is far less enjoyable than swinging around a giant mech sword.

• 2 weeks later...

been trying to level my mech, archguns, and intrinsics recently but after every single railkack mission. regardless of if i leave from the orbiter or dojo to enter a mission it seems to rob me of an extremely larger chunk of Affinity from everything i was leveling. doesnt help to start a 2nd mission and leave after that mission either.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This is still happening.

I had halfway convinced myself that this was just a display bug, because sometimes the progress shown on your profile icon tooltip is out of date, but when you actually go to your Arsenal, everything is properly leveled. (Example screenshot of the display bug.) That is one in a series of screenshots I took while trying to document the affinity loss bug that I could swear I was experiencing.

But no, it turns out that affinity loss is actually occurring.

I just ended a mission (Sabmir Cloud, not Void Storm) and started another mission (also Sabmir Cloud) and confirmed that my Tenet Spirex was rank 30 from the Mission Summary. I am grinding mastery and I couldn't remember if I'd forma'd the Spirex yet so I brought up the main menu and selected Return to Dojo as the new mission was loading in. When I got to the dojo, I found that my Spirex was back to rank 29, and this time it wasn't just a display bug, and it was still showing as rank 29 when I got back to my orbiter and checked via the arsenal interface.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...