Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do people enjoy (or want to) Railjack and Necra mechs & why?

quxier

Before I started playing this game I have been looking for:

- free game

- nice combat (especially melee) & movement -> both not too hard but you could do a lot with them

- sci-fi or fantasy settings

- "cool" powers

- 1 man army (or at least something on micro-scale) - I wanted be some powerful being not control some ship or something

and probably some more.

After last updates I can see how they (DE) wants to push Mechs and Railjack. For me it seems weird.

I'm ok when a game has some other stuffs that you can play with. Amps & void magic can be used rarely (e.g. resetting Sentient immunity). Fishing/mining/conservations are not great but you still doing personally not commanding other people to do it (well you can... but that's fine because it's alternatives).

However Mechs & RJ are very different than what was WF some times ago. Mechs are not mobile like some frames and don't have "cool powers". On other hand RJ is "you commanding your ship" and doing many different things. I heard it's not perfect, like it's sometimes taxi to normal mission. From what I read people wanted "cool" battles with ships. That's opposite what I want to play.

Are people really enjoy or want such things (robots and ships) from this game? Do you still love old ways (frame with weapons fighting personally) or do you prefer new things (RJ/mechs)? For me this game changes into something very different I don't know why they wanted to change it that way. However, what's your opinion about this topic?

ps. of course lots of those things are optional but it can change with Tempestrarii's update.

old gameplay style what we were used to just 2 years back, would easily get boring. no number of new frames would make it interesting. Operator gave someone new and now we got amps and sh-t integrated in gameplay where certain things wont take damage unless its done by operator.

similarly RJ and mechs are new life for the gameplay. do i enjoy mechs? no. Railjack? No. but now that's its part of the game, i rather make my grind less annoying and would prefer some changes to make things easy. this is what most players who dislike the new addition would think. it's in the game now, so we can't expect them to just remove it since their whole future updates now revolve around RJ and maybe mech.

in future they are planning to make operator evolve into grown ups, that will bring more gameplay changes and would possibly make us go further from "warframe" gameplay.

Necramech : It give me the feeling of using an unstoppable Juggernaut and i love it (even if there is a lot of room for improvement)

Railjack : I love spaceship battle and DE approach is interesting (lot's of things to improve too but still enjoyable as it is)

Having Warframe evolving in this direction is the best thing that could happen to it as far as i'am concerned.

vor 4 Minuten schrieb quxier:

- free game

- nice combat (especially melee) & movement -> both not too hard but you could do a lot with them

- "cool" powers

- 1 man army (or at least something on micro-scale) - I wanted be some powerful being not control some ship or something

and probably some more.

After last updates I can see how they (DE) wants to push Mechs and Railjack. For me it seems weird.

I'm ok when a game has some other stuffs that you can play with. Amps & void magic can be used rarely (e.g. resetting Sentient immunity). Fishing/mining/conservations are not great but you still doing personally not commanding other people to do it (well you can... but that's fine because it's alternatives).

However Mechs & RJ are very different than what was WF some times ago. Mechs are not mobile like some frames and don't have "cool powers". On other hand RJ is "you commanding your ship" and doing many different things. I heard it's not perfect, like it's sometimes taxi to normal mission. From what I read people wanted "cool" battles with ships. That's opposite what I want to play.

Are people really enjoy or want such things (robots and ships) from this game? Do you still love old ways (frame with weapons fighting personally) or do you prefer new things (RJ/mechs)? For me this game changes into something very different I don't know why they wanted to change it that way. However, what's your opinion about this topic?

ps. of course lots of those things are optional but it can change with Tempestrarii's update.

Railjack is very good for quick farming different stuff (credits, endo, daily syndicate standing). My mission times for Railjack solo play are around 15 minutes (Veil also, incl. side objectives and sentient anomaly or derelic; Rot. A for Corpus missions). Actually I'm farming for my third set of each MKIII weapon.

Necramech is... a matter of taste. Good for Eidolon hunts, Orphix missions or the fissure event but at last not my cup of tea for the rest of the game.

As for the "old" game I like Lich hunting the most. The next I want to try with the Lichs is to find the connection between the Lich hunting mechanism and their Railjack crew member stats. I'm sniffing a trail there.

My personal problem is how they're tied in.

K-Drives are almost ideal now because they're required for absolutely bugger-all besides the systems used to level them up - races and tricks. Otherwise, you're totally free to just hop on a hoverboard in an Open World and drive-by to your heart's desire.

Things like Railjacks and Necramechs - really, a lot of things that remove players from Warframe's core gameplay - have tie-ins to a number of other systems that make them a little less optional. Things like the new Impact -> Bleed mods, or the Nautilus sentinel, or Orphix arcanes (Yes, Eidolons are a thing too, but they have the same issue with Operators, you're just picking a poison).

I'd fancy it a bit more if using those things leaned toward the optional. I'd love to switch things up and use a giant mech to blast Infested, just like I'd love to switch it up and go fishing once in a while. When I feel like I have to is when I'm a little less excited.

36 minutes ago, quxier said:

However Mechs & RJ are very different than what was WF some times ago. Mechs are not mobile like some frames and don't have "cool powers"

Aaaaand I'm not reading further because all of this is (at least kind of) wrong.

Necramechs are very mobile and sometimes faster than warframes. I get their powers aren't some flashy glowing light saber but a #*!% all cannon that destroys everything in it's path? Hell yeah!

30 minutes ago, Dauggie said:

in future they are planning to make operator evolve into grown ups, that will bring more gameplay changes and would possibly make us go further from "warframe" gameplay.

That might make Operators be like "little ninjas" using weapons. It all depends what they want from "grow up" version.

27 minutes ago, ReddyDisco said:

i might have missed something but i don't remember devs saying they are making rj and mech mandatory with update 30

It's not for sure but there are things that suggest we need some Mechs or RJ (even without any mods or other things).

As for Mechs, from the last Event we weren't allowed to use Frames.

As for RJ, from Tempestrali trailer as fair I remember:

Spoiler

Operator get hit by Void storm while in the RJ.

Of course it's my predictions so take it with grain... a lot of salt.

5 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

Also they are

Necra-

Mechs

Giant cool robots and they have a literal corpse in them. What could be more metal than that?

Umbra (spoiler of course).

7 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

Aaaaand I'm not reading further because all of this is (at least kind of) wrong.

Necramechs are very mobile and sometimes faster than warframes. I get their powers aren't some flashy glowing light saber but a #*!% all cannon that destroys everything in it's path? Hell yeah!

Necramechs are indeed fast but after some point we don't need more speed (unless you are doing open map and have to move from point A to point B).

However they are not very mobile, especially in non-open world maps (last Orphix event, first map). They cannot wall jump and they are to big to "comfortably" fit everywhere, especially in small places. In the last Orphix Event I've tried them a lot. I used them only for traveling from one Orphix to another, using operator for killing Resonators. They have some mobility (that could probably be even farther improved by mods) but they are still not VERY mobile.

26 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

Oh no! Let's talk to the dev team, this dude doesn't like what are they doing! Quick, halt the updates!

I don't like it (maybe even hate) but I don't want them to stop doing those things. If it's not something mandatory then I'm fine if people enjoys it.

I'm just curious why people enjoys or wants those things. Those things are very different than pre Mech/RJ era that I'm really confused.

Do I want to like them? Of course. It's not like I was thinking "You know what? I'd like DE to put things in the game that I hate." 

Do I like them? Well, I don't hate them. I've used Necramechs twice; once during the Deimos quest, and once to satisfy a Nightwave thing. I've done quite a bit of Railjack (when it first came out), and a small amount recently. I could take it or leave it.

I enjoy necramechs, i just wish it was available in normal star chart missions. They said ALL missions. Now its plains and railjack missions only. Le Sigh. I want to go bring my necramech in the regular star chart.

As for railjack, I enjoy it as a thing to get away from the normal slog of gameplay. Its different enough to keep me coming back without having to be all, well what do I do now? WF is kinda dull in the mainline game content. I need something to do. Oh right railjack exists, I'll go blast-o some ships to pass the time and try to collect parts to further valence fusion up my existing stuff, get multiple sets since DE only allows it to be equipped once only.

1 hour ago, quxier said:

Are people really enjoy or want such things (robots and ships) from this game?

Yes.

In fact, people who keep complaining that "mechs and spaceships don't fit the game" completely miss their point. They're not supposed to add more of the same old, or replace something, they're meant to add a new, fun alternative.

13 minutes ago, quxier said:

It's not for sure but there are things that suggest we need some Mechs or RJ (even without any mods or other things).

As for Mechs, from the last Event we weren't allowed to use Frames.

As for RJ, from Tempestrali trailer as fair I remember:

Last event was just that, an event, noone forced you to do it and was no way mandatory. i skipped it entirely because i disliked mechs, later lavos was added to father store and i got it in 5 clicks.

Tempestrali for the acquisition of savagoth might be the same, let the update arrive before the "Oh this game is dead", "screw your forced events", "My kavat got eaten by Vay Hek" threads

I am not really any sort of "simulator" or "dogfight" enthusiast , I too enjoy the breakneck pace and power of warframe (though I would have liked some more options for challenging gameplay)

With that said I acquired a taste for it , I doubt I would purchase or play any actual flight games (atleast not now) but I enjoyed the freedom of movement and the nice vistas , I imagine that's what demos for such games would be.

So I did enjoy parts of it , but if DE made a seperate game out of it I would not be interested. I am looking forward to the expansions but if they decided to completely scrap it I would not loose any sleep over it.

RailJack--I have always enjoyed RJ since its launch, with friends or in publics I had a good time. I will not lie though with the new update RJ would be dead to me if not for command, with no option to host I pub'd 4 missions in veil 3 of them I ended up on tin foil ships that more or less stayed in catastrophic failure the entire mission. I sort of understand the reasoning behind the change to bring it in line with how the rest of match making works but RJ is not ground WF where even in SP a single person can carry the entire group.

Necramech-- It was love at first sight when DE showed them off in the dev stream, then when I got my hands on it that love fizzled for a bit. Now that we have proper mods for them that love has been restored. They are open world power houses, using them in the ground part of the corpus missions paired with the right frames  for certain missions and they destroy stuff. Bring umbra for a exterminate and you have your mech and a WF with you, bring Wukong for a defense bring out his twin and you have a WF that will stay at the defense point and keep it hella safe while you do whatever you want as the twin in tied to the frame and will not leave its side. I just wish DE would except the inevitable (hydron will be flooded with mechs) and let us use them in all missions as they clearly work.

I like mechs, and capital ship battles have always been something I get excited for, so my answer to whether I enjoy them is an enthusiastic "Yes" on both counts.

Basically, DE have added two things I've adored since childhood to a game I've adored since my mid teen years, so you'll be hard pressed to persuade me that they are somehow a bad inclusion.

7 minutes ago, o0Despair0o said:

In fact, people who keep complaining that "mechs and spaceships don't fit the game" completely miss their point. They're not supposed to add more of the same old, or replace something, they're meant to add a new, fun alternative.

Ok, but for me it's like completely different game genre. It's like they would add Mahjong solitaire to the game. I would play it a lot but... it would be completely different game.

2 minutes ago, ReddyDisco said:

Last event was just that, an event, noone forced you to do it and was no way mandatory. i skipped it entirely because i disliked mechs, later lavos was added to father store and i got it in 5 clicks.

It was event, yes, but if you wanted to participate you had to use mechs.

2 minutes ago, ReddyDisco said:

Tempestrali for the acquisition of savagoth might be the same, let the update arrive before the "Oh this game is dead", "screw your forced events", "My kavat got eaten by Vay Hek" threads

Yeah, that's why I said "might change" so people won't take my post too far.

At the end of the day another gun is just another gun, another frame is just another frame, and another tileset is just another tileset. And if DE continued to release just that then it likely wouldn't still be around. Especially as the game doesn't employ the type of "long-term" systems other games use.

Doing something new and unexpected is why the game is where it is today. But even then all of the "new" things they've done, even Railjack and Necramechs, are still appealing to that core system. Railjack is ship-based combat but still used a weapon and modding system itself and the missions still have the on ground sections. While Mechs are still using our standard archguns, standard modding, typical 4 ability system, and eventually usable in all the places our frames can be used.

So yeah more layers and depth to the existing systems are always welcome additions as far as I'm concerned. Especially as they get more folded into that "core" gameplay.

Railjack has great potential.  I really think the only _bit_ thing it needs to round itself out is an open area that is less mission focused, and more about exploration.  Thinking a randomly generated PoE area, only of the size and scale appropriate for railjack.  Mining asteroid fields for resources, hunting rogue Grineer/Corpus for bounties, etc.  If you ever played Battlestar Galactica Online, that's what I'm thinking.  There are a lot of QoL improvements that can be made, but allowing for exploration like that would be a huge step to bringing the parts of the game together.

Necramech I just see as a story-based mechanism to bring the Tenno back down to mortality.  Just a way to control powercreep.  Not complaining about it, so long as appropriately justified, and consistent with the capabilities we are know to have.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb quxier:

- free game

- "cool" powers

and probably some more.

ok ... even if you know the reasons, what happens then? 🙈🙉🙊
there are always good reasons. and loot or whatever is not always in the foreground.
people also play games with ridiculous updates with 0 real content. I know too many examples.

1 hour ago, quxier said:

Let me just put this bluntly:

Yes. I enjoy Necramechs and Railjack. Hell, a few years ago I was a big advocate of adding MORE Archwing into the game (but only if the devs took the time to make Archwing good, which they never did)

While I enjoy Warframes being unstoppable void demons, playing a "nuke everything on the map before it even sees me" playstyle is just boring to me. I want to shoot things in between casting powers. Necramechs (and for that matter, Archgun deployers) give me a "just cut loose and go nuts" option without really investing deep into an unfun meta that I hate.

As for Railjack? Well if either Archwing or Railjack ever turn into something at least half as good as this, I'll die happy

Do people only want warframes and why?

I feel like i'd totally lose interest if the game remained solely about warframes which are merely tools for the Tenno, much like a melee, primary, or secondary weapon. The game is old, it needs to evolve. I am attached to my character which is my operator. I enjoy frames as fit for purpose tools. I also enjoy railjack and necramechs very much as another set of tools. Their purpose, is still evolving as they are new. 

There is a game out there that I think meets the OPs criteria, but has not met much critical acclaim. Godfall. basically fantasy Warframe. Might also want to try out Mortal Shell.

Archived