Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do people enjoy (or want to) Railjack and Necra mechs & why?

quxier

This is the only game I've played consistently for such a long time and it's because it evolves constantly. 

I've enjoyed games like Path of Exile and Planetside 2 immensely, but I've taken far longer breaks in those games because they're pretty just the same thing. 

If Warframe was just 6 years of corridors, weapons and frames I would've stopped playing it a long time ago. 

The extra modes and gimmicks aren't there to replace the main gameplay, it just serves as a distraction in-between core gameplay grind. Without it, I would always have to look to other games for that distraction. 

Variety is the spice of life.

Warframe has probably kept me playing due to the many different types of content. If we still just had warframes coming out and maybe a new planet node with a gun, i might've quit.

As long as different gameplay elements don't clash with the feel of warframe and make sense with the world im not complaining, sure some of these don't work right off the bat or are implemented in full on release but as long as DE work to fix things im satisfied.

Not sure how mechs and ships don't fit the game. Mechs is logical step for operators as it well established the can take over machines and railjack is vital for the story as the big opposing force is on the edge of deepspace.

Цитата

Are people really enjoy or want such things (robots and ships) from this game?rj was okay in the begining

rj was fine at the beginig. but now its don't even worth time

mechs are just another useless thing like k-drives. they are literally warframes with just another skin/model and different abilities (but even there DE copied rhino's 2nd lul) which you cant even use in all missions.

1 hour ago, Battle.Mage said:

ok ... even if you know the reasons, what happens then? 🙈🙉🙊

I just want to know more.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)The Neko Otaku said:

Not sure how mechs and ships don't fit the game. Mechs is logical step for operators as it well established the can take over machines and railjack is vital for the story as the big opposing force is on the edge of deepspace.

Based on lore you can indeed control other beings (not only frames and mechs!). RJs are just ships and there are many mentions about ships.

However, in my opinion, they don't fit gameplay wise. As for RJ, in most cases we are controlling one small thing (frame, operator, K-drive, archwing etc) not some group (e.g. ship). As for mechs, they are just machines that works like "crippled" frames (with one advantage to make them usefull). You can probably control a lot of things but it doesn't mean that you should.

DE is forcing us to use necramechs and I don't like that. I have nothing against them but what was presented at the last orphix event made me sick to my stomach.

As for railjack, DE destroyed this game mode for me. Putting mods on railjack or not is irrelevant because they do not improve at all. I did a test using only sigma equipment in the veil proxima and being able to complete the missions in a way that was comfortable. DE confused or didn't understand what the players wanted .... we just wanted new mods, new features for railjack, new weapons for it and new maps ... that's all like all grinner missions. She understood the opposite… it ended with the railjack configuration interface which was perfect and functional and flexible. Looking at the new weapons in the railjack, only one was interesting and in the same patch the DE destroyed the cryophon by copying it from the new weapon (laith). I honestly don't know what the DE thinks ... I give up on understanding them. Absolutely everything has gone wrong so far and I have serious doubts as to whether they will reverse or correct these aberrations.

I like railjack and necramechs!  Railjack's "you are flying a ship but you can move from station to station and leave the ship" kind of gameplay is something I love and I've enjoyed other games that are similar (like Guns of Icarus Online).  Necramechs are just another option I can use if I so feel like it, and I like how big and slow and powerful they are.  I like that Warframe is evolving and adding so much more varied content.  It keeps me from burning out when I can do some regular Warframe missions for awhile, then when I tire of that I can, say, go to the Plains and do some mining or fishing for a change of pace.  If I've been mining and fishing on the Plains a lot lately I can instead do so in Orb Vallis or the Cambion Drift for even more of a change of pace.  I can do Railjack missions and stay entirely on the ship blasting enemy ships and stuff, or I can disembark and fly around as an archwing, boarding crewships and points of interest across the map.  I can go hunt kuva liches for awhile, or see how long I can survive in Sanctuary Onslaught.  I don't have to just sit and keep running the same mission over and over and over and over and over and over anymore if I don't want to!  If I want, I can choose something different for awhile before coming back to whatever mission I was repeating earlier while grinding for some weapon/frame/companion/resource/etc.  

A lot of this sort of content you don't always have to do if you don't feel like it either, besides maybe a basic amount.  Don't want to do Railjack stuff?  Then don't!  Don't want to do openworld fishing/mining/conservation?  Then don't!  Do you not want to do that stuff, but still want some of the things locked behind them?  Then do them just enough to get the rewards you want, and never touch them again!  

i still want to enjoy archwing, personally

most of the content is currently enjoyable, but none of it is as refined as much as the base mobility shooter gameplay. back when they rolled out parkour 2.0, they realized that the players had really touched on something gold with coptering, and brought it into the core gameplay. nowadays, it's mostly just a cycle of having a big vision, executing poorly, and then putting out fires based on player feedback. it does still become enjoyable in the end; they just haven't bottled lightning in a while

Railjack gameplay not so much.

If you are playing with a good team, you can compensate, but I find nothing fun about sitting around in the arty gun, or having to interrupt a good turret fight to repair.

Having to sit still and wait for the arty gun, while getting shot, Waiting on forge timers, waiting on overheat timers, I mean, it's intrusive, breaks up the action and doesn't add anything.

To me it's all negatives with no payoffs. At the end of the day you just want to shoot things and blow stuff up. Maybe just add some variation, like a boss ship with weak spots, or survival type objectives.

Just play, no janitor gameplay or cooldowns.

I play as hildryn, to not have to break the action to restore power. I get locked out of playing before I run out of shields everytime. Then what. Just sit there and wait until I can play again, well I am ready to play, what are we wainting for, I don't get it.

I'd rather do 3% damage but in turn but able to just play, without having to sit around and do nothing.

Best I can do right now is using particle ram and double space in order to just play.

Not enjoying the combat at all and basically just there for the new weapons, affinity, credits and MR.

Mech I actually do enjoy.

As someone who grew up on ED-209 from Robocop, an oversized clumsy tank robot, actually makes a lot more sense to me.

Other sources of exosuits include metal gear solid, xcom and district 9. To me an exosuit should be huge, mechanical and clunky. So I actually feel more at home in a mech than a warframe. Not to mention the design - the rubber infested clay spike wetsuits are just not my thing.

The movement mechanics are actually a lot more advanced than people realize, intentional or not, because the game allows you to animation clip.

For instance, you can use slam attacks to cover a huge distance a lot faster, and then break out of the slam animation before it plays on a regular warframe.

The same thing goes for the mechs, where you can break out of everything. But it's unintuitive for people who are used to sluggish console animations, like modern day GTA vs original gta vice city.

I spent the whole orphix event training animation clipping on my mech and I still wasn't satisfied with my performance. Meaning it's deep, manual ability that gives you something to work on. It's a good game when you can practice advanced moves like a complex ballet.

And while you are playing it's intense, both in the amount of moves you have to do but also the timing of it.

I am not sure if I should give the developers credit for it being a deliberate choice but if it was on purpose, mech movement is the deepest gameplay they've come up with so far.

1 minute ago, Surbusken said:

Railjack gameplay not so much.

If you are playing with a good team, you can compensate, but I find nothing fun about sitting around in the arty gun, or having to interrupt a good turret fight to repair.

Having to sit still and wait for the arty gun, while getting shot, Waiting on forge timers, waiting on overheat timers, I mean, it's intrusive, breaks up the action and doesn't add anything.

To me it's all negatives with no payoffs. At the end of the day you just want to shoot things and blow stuff up. Maybe just add some variation, like a boss ship with weak spots, or survival type objectives.

Just play, no janitor gameplay or cooldowns.

I play as hildryn, to not have to break the action to restore power. I get locked out of playing before I run out of shields everytime. Then what. Just sit there and wait until I can play again, well I am ready to play, what are we wainting for, I don't get it.

I'd rather do 3% damage but in turn but able to just play, without having to sit around and do nothing.

Best I can do right now is using particle ram and double space in order to just play.

Not enjoying the combat at all and basically just there for the new weapons, affinity, credits and MR.

Mech I actually do enjoy.

As someone who grew up on ED-209 from Robocop, an oversized clumsy tank robot, actually makes a lot more sense to me.

Other sources of exosuits include metal gear solid, xcom and district 9. To me an exosuit should be huge, mechanical and clunky. So I actually feel more at home in a mech than a warframe. Not to mention the design - the rubber infested clay spike wetsuits are just not my thing.

The movement mechanics are actually a lot more advanced than people realize, intentional or not, because the game allows you to animation clip.

For instance, you can use slam attacks to cover a huge distance a lot faster, and then break out of the slam animation before it plays on a regular warframe.

The same thing goes for the mechs, where you can break out of everything. But it's unintuitive for people who are used to sluggish console animations, like modern day GTA vs original gta vice city.

I spent the whole orphix event training animation clipping on my mech and I still wasn't satisfied with my performance. Meaning it's deep, manual ability that gives you something to work on. It's a good game when you can practice advanced moves like a complex ballet.

And while you are playing it's intense, both in the amount of moves you have to do but also the timing of it.

I am not sure if I should give the developers credit for it being a deliberate choice but if it was on purpose, mech movement is the deepest gameplay they've come up with so far.

From what you wrote you fit the casual profile. Those who are criticizing DE are because they play more and are demanding or because they were unhappy with changes that no one asked for. DE has always misinterpreted its community.

The railjack in cool when the missions work and don't break, and you get to fight lots of little ships without haivng to land or go anywhere (so... before the update, basically) and Mechs are just badass., 

Their guns are dope and the Voidrig has mortars which are amazing. 
Bonewidow kinda sucks, ngl. 

Oh, and neither of the two mechs have good melee, swinging that S#&$ty little claw instead of a proper melee weapon. 
Bonewidow's 4 fixes this, but it should be a free passive, and none of her other abilities are any good. 

Edit: Railjack's 'janitor work' goes away when you level up your intrinsics so you don't waste four minutes every time you forge something, and get a decent hull and shield generator so your ship doesn't get hull breaches every ten seconds. 

Keep in mind that your basic Railjack is basically an unmodded MK-1 Braton.

Of course it doesn't feel good to play. Get a couple of missions under your belt and upgrade your S#&$. 

7 minutes ago, Vaml77 said:

From what you wrote you fit the casual profile. Those who are criticizing DE are because they play more and are demanding or because they were unhappy with changes that no one asked for. DE has always misinterpreted its community.

Feels like they ignore player feedback, just on core principle lol.

Player suggestions are always a lot more grounded if you notice. The developers always have these lofty ideas but end up having to compromise, like they have the lesser understanding, it's kind of funny.

Railjack's goal is to be seamless, if you go back and check the 2018 trailer. "Taxi" is the budget attempt, trying to force it by compromise, at the expense of space gameplay. 

So you don't get seamless and you don't get space, the worst of both worlds.

Now they are saying, 2-3 years more or might not even be possible... if they worked out on it since 2017, that's 7 years out the window.

Maybe find out if it's possible before you even work on it, am I talking crazy talk here.

That time could have been better spent actually taking player suggestions, that are realistic.

Feels like it's obvious to every player out there, if you want to play ground, you go do a relic mission or steel path or whatever, eidolon hunt.

Loading into a defense map... from a railjack, you are still just playing ground. Would a single player in the whole game even think to suggest that? I mean really, not one.

It makes sense to absolutely no one except the developers.

Railjack missions in Warframe would've blown my mind 4 years ago. The way all of the elements of Warframe come together in one mission is insane if you step back from it all. 

Players complaining about it on forum would've blown my mind just as much too. 

1 hour ago, Surbusken said:

Player suggestions are always a lot more grounded if you notice. The developers always have these lofty ideas but end up having to compromise, like they have the lesser understanding, it's kind of funny.

Railjack's goal is to be seamless, if you go back and check the 2018 trailer. "Taxi" is the budget attempt, trying to force it by compromise, at the expense of space gameplay. 

So you don't get seamless and you don't get space, the worst of both worlds.

Now they are saying, 2-3 years more or might not even be possible... if they worked out on it since 2017, that's 7 years out the window.

Maybe find out if it's possible before you even work on it, am I talking crazy talk here.

That time could have been better spent actually taking player suggestions, that are realistic.

Feels like it's obvious to every player out there, if you want to play ground, you go do a relic mission or steel path or whatever, eidolon hunt.

Loading into a defense map... from a railjack, you are still just playing ground. Would a single player in the whole game even think to suggest that? I mean really, not one.

It makes sense to absolutely no one except the developers.

You're talking to the same people that give us Riven Disposition to "balance weapons" and also give Viral a fat health damage multiplier :crylaugh:. It's really clear who really understands the results, usage, and outcome of changes. The Railjack host fiasco is another one that is purely nonsensical from a practicality standpoint.

8 hours ago, quxier said:

- 1 man army (or at least something on micro-scale) - I wanted be some powerful being not control some ship or something

I heard it's not perfect, like it's sometimes taxi to normal mission. From what I read people wanted "cool" battles with ships. That's opposite what I want to play.

Yes. This update caters you. Railjack feels like a mere taxi so you can get off your rj and kick butts more with your warframe. 

People who wants that "cool spaceship battles" are the ones who gets sidelined. So if anything, you're supposed to be happy with this update.

8 hours ago, quxier said:

Are people really enjoy or want such things (robots and ships) from this game? Do you still love old ways (frame with weapons fighting personally) or do you prefer new things (RJ/mechs)? For me this game changes into something very different I don't know why they wanted to change it that way. However, what's your opinion about this topic?

Just like you, i play warframe mainly for the power fantasy.

I've built my necramech and archguns to the point where they're REALLY POWERFUL. So although it doesn't have as flashy skills as warframes, i enjoy kicking profit taker's sorry butt with it -or just obliterating any open world bounties. They make me feel powerful.

FYI i belong to the second group who wants cool spaceship battles. So as of now, having a ship for just a short ride doesn't give me that power fantasy. It will be a different story if i can have a powerful ship that outguns, outspeed, and outtank an entire enemy fleet. Simply destroys them in a space battle. The same chemicals that i got from watching knight rider, or airwolf, probably thunder in paradise. Star trek to some extent.

Ps: star trek episodes that requires them to get off the enterprise gave me anxiety. I always feel glad when they warps back to the ship and just blast other stuff with its almighty... phaser(?)

No.

When they brought back Orphix as a permanent game mode, they basically destroyed any desire I had to have Necramechs as a side mode.

Warframe is at its best when they present you with a fun new way to play and let you give it a shot. Warframe is at its worst when they present you with a fun new way to play and then BEAT YOU OVER THE HEAD WITH IT AND SAY YOU CAN'T MAKE PROGRESS UNLESS YOU DO THINGS EXACTLY THE WAY THEY INTEND.

I don't like Necromechs. They're just generic Warframes with less features (no fun abilities, nerfed movement, nerfed jumping, less weapons, weaker weapons, etc) and an unnessary grind just so you can be larger as it's only new feature. Not a good trade off. Plus we already have Heavy Weapons to do what they do. Maybe if they worked like Zaws and had a billion different looking parts that did different things but if that was the case I'd rather have a build-your-own-warframe instead. Just pointless to me. 

It's a shame this probably grew from the whole Tenno possessing the mechanical worm monster in the quest and people wanting that... but then they forgot and made boring corn robots instead years later. /shrugs

Railjack is/was an okay idea but still needs some work. It already fits in the world since we fly around in ships all the time in space and need a way to destroy large enemy vessels so it doesn't feel like unnessary outa the way content, but they can't seem to make the mission objectives fun. And of course adding Necromechs as forced content for some of the missions just makes it worse for me.

I'm not against Railjack or Necramech either one. I may not be a fan of the implementation. For instance 1 necramech we could customize would have been fine, instead of 2 and possible 3,4,5,6, etc. Pumping out new frames instead of working on the game play, is getting really old. The real turn off though is when  they take something that is balanced fairly well, and then make it easier. The easier it gets the more I lose interest. Don't confuse easy with bad drop rates, or random stats, both of which can be game killers, and more often then not are implemented extremely poorly by more and more developers.

9 hours ago, quxier said:

From what I read people wanted "cool" battles with ships. That's opposite what I want to play.

Speaking of Which... Who has Played Any of the Pirate Themed Assassin's Creed Games (Black Flag, Rogue) ?

They had Ship Battles.... Hell they even had Ship Battle Bosses There's one instance where you have to Defeat two massive Queen Sized Vessels with 50 Cannons on each Side.... That one was Rough....

Is that what people want Railjack to feel like ?

Because as much fun as I had In these Modes.... It felt disjointed from the Standard Assassin's Creed Experience... Which is essentially "History Ninja's"...

Sooooo.... Yeah.... I thought I would just mention that and see if that's what people want out of Jacking Rails.

Do you still love old ways (frame with weapons fighting personally)

I do 😛 !!!

ps. of course lots of those things are optional but it can change with Tempestrarii's update

People still say things like :"The next update might fix this long running issue ?" 🤔

Has that actually ever happened before ?

9 hours ago, Dauggie said:

would easily get boring

Considering that Archwing and Railjack are boring right from the Get Go.... I think il stick with something that takes a while before it gets boring....,😛

8 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

The extra modes and gimmicks aren't there to replace the main gameplay, it just serves as a distraction in-between core gameplay grind.

And that would be fine if nothing in those mods affected the main game.... But since DE keeps trying to bait and bribe us into doing that content for things we want to use in the main game... It's become a source of frustration....

Conclave does not have this Problem.... And naturally it's a Ghost Town.... Put Arcane Energize and Umbra Forma into conclave and watch what happens 😱 !!!!

8 hours ago, (XBOX)The Neko Otaku said:

Not sure how mechs and ships don't fit the game. Mechs is logical step for operators as it well established the can take over machines and railjack is vital for the story as the big opposing force is on the edge of deepspace

But you can't Ninja Flip in either of those... That's the main issue.... I just Want my Space Naruto Role play experience 😰 !!!

5 hours ago, Vaml77 said:

DE is forcing us to use necramechs and I don't like that. I have nothing against them but what was presented at the last orphix event made me sick to my stomach

This is pretty much the problem with new Game Modes.... They don't have enough Merit on their own to get people to play them.... Even using rewards that are designed for that Content is not enough.... Instead they have to bribe you to play that content to get something that is more important for the main game than for that Content. I'm looking at you X100 Pizza Blueprints... These were added to a game mode that can't actually utilizes them.... I mean they can now since Rail Jack is Taxi mode.... But you get the idea 😛

5 hours ago, DarmakX99 said:

I like railjack and necramechs!  Railjack's "you are flying a ship but you can move from station to station and leave the ship" kind of gameplay is something I love and I've enjoyed other games that are similar (like Guns of Icarus Online). 

For whatever reason this response has gotten me thinking about Arkham Knight's Batmobile Drama....

remember when people were saying Batmobile sucked and didn't tie into the main game ? Yeah.... This is that all over again... 😆 !!! Atleast Bat Mobile was more than just A Taxi.... Soooo... Kudos....

5 hours ago, DarmakX99 said:

I like that Warframe is evolving and adding so much more varied content. 

Evolution implies building and improving on top of the existing Infrastructure....

Because the new Modes are so disconnected...  It's not so much evolving as it is "Sprawling Outwards" .... Games that evolve don't have Content Islands....

5 hours ago, continue said:

I still want to enjoy archwing, personally

Blasphemy !!! 😱 !!!

4 hours ago, Surbusken said:

To be fair... Player Feedback always comes in the form of a Solution.... This is an issue because this doesn't tell you what the problem even is in the first place.... So if you Phrase your Feedback as a Solution.... I'm not going to say Developers ignore it.... But yeah they kinda do....

They take your solution and try to reverse trace what the real problem is.... Hence to us it seems like they aren't listening to our Feedback.... Also... Check this out:

1 hour ago, Ryusuta said:

Warframe is at its best when they present you with a fun new way to play and let you give it a shot. Warframe is at its worst when they present you with a fun new way to play and then BEAT YOU OVER THE HEAD WITH IT AND SAY YOU CAN'T MAKE PROGRESS UNLESS YOU DO THINGS EXACTLY THE WAY THEY INTEND

Pretty Much 😞 !!!

1 hour ago, Wolfdoggie said:

It's a shame this probably grew from the whole Tenno possessing the mechanical worm monster in the quest and people wanting that... but then they forgot and made boring corn robots instead years later. /shrugs

Yeah I came to that conclusion too... There's actually a Dev stream where they said they were working on Expanding on Transference based on people you wanted more of that Orokin Worm Thing...

11 hours ago, quxier said:

Are people really enjoy or want such things (robots and ships) from this game? Do you still love old ways (frame with weapons fighting personally) or do you prefer new things (RJ/mechs)? For me this game changes into something very different I don't know why they wanted to change it that way. However, what's your opinion about this topic?

The modes you speak of are additions, not replacements, to original gameplay.

I hate Railjack. It's slow, buggy, and monotonous. I was given to understand the devs wanted Railjack-style gameplay from the start, but they also wanted stamina gauges, abilities equipped and leveled as mods, Super Jump for Excalibur, and numerous other things which were poorly conceptualized and were wisely dropped.

I could see Necramechs and Railjacks being their own niche things, easily ignored by those uninterested and played with by those who enjoy it, but the devs are pushing for these modes to become more and more incorporated into mainline missions, which is awful. I play Warframe to parkour through levels stabbing and shooting enemies in increasingly over-the-top ways with silky-smooth controls, and Railjack is about slowly and awkwardly crawling through space, shooting unidentifiable specks with weak-feeling guns, and every so often some mobs spawn inside the ship and damage it like it was made of cardboard. It feels like I'm playing a bad game inside a good game.

Railjack is so tedious and so buggy it makes Fallout 76 look polished and streamlined in comparison. I don't know if I want to keep playing since it seems the devs have resorted to throwing out awful gimmicks instead of doing what every player truly wants and adding new on-foot missions. They dropped the ball with Deimos, recycling the derelict nodes instead of creating brand new missions, and now they're about to drop the ball again by wasting resources on a lukewarm side-mode that's only slightly more relevant than Lunaro.

12 hours ago, quxier said:

Before I started playing this game I have been looking for:

- free game

- nice combat (especially melee) & movement -> both not too hard but you could do a lot with them

- sci-fi or fantasy settings

- "cool" powers

- 1 man army (or at least something on micro-scale) - I wanted be some powerful being not control some ship or something

and probably some more.

After last updates I can see how they (DE) wants to push Mechs and Railjack. For me it seems weird.

I'm ok when a game has some other stuffs that you can play with. Amps & void magic can be used rarely (e.g. resetting Sentient immunity). Fishing/mining/conservations are not great but you still doing personally not commanding other people to do it (well you can... but that's fine because it's alternatives).

However Mechs & RJ are very different than what was WF some times ago. Mechs are not mobile like some frames and don't have "cool powers". On other hand RJ is "you commanding your ship" and doing many different things. I heard it's not perfect, like it's sometimes taxi to normal mission. From what I read people wanted "cool" battles with ships. That's opposite what I want to play.

ps. of course lots of those things are optional but it can change with Tempestrarii's update.

For me it's refreshing, and a hope for what the future can be. It's all chemistry really, figuring out what gameplay modes mix best. Overall I like choice, I just hope they fix these things and give them the attention they need.

Archived