Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do people enjoy (or want to) Railjack and Necra mechs & why?

quxier

11 minutes ago, Corvid said:

The Grineer Asteroid tileset (as seen in certain Proxima nodes) has an issue where the Mech is unable to traverse small doors. So if you want to use your mech throughout the objective you'll need to repeatedly get out and re-summon it every time you go to a new tile.

Since a lot of the posts are positive, you evidently haven't been.

Positive? Where are here to give feedback! I hate to write negative things. But with negative things we need to learn to fix things!

If DE ignore what the community is wrting they will fall! 

You want this? Jsut want to see the 'postive" and ignore what is going on? Really man?

Railjack is fine. I've had fun in the mode. Going back to the 2019 preview of what actual Railjack integration was, I thought actual RJ integration could be quite fun, as it could bring more mission types for our Warframes themselves, whilst perhaps retaining players that may be more interested in the space aspect. It may yet be if that point is reached.

Necramechs are not my cup of tea as it stands - I played with them in the Deimos mission and after that I saw no reason to bother building one. Truth be told, even though I could see how useful they are in certain situations (eg Profit Taker), I only built one for the new Orphix missions, The thing is, it is not that they are bad, it is that I simply enjoy playing with Warframes far more, as Warframes have more interesting abilities and are more fun for the current style of gameplay missions encapsulate. If DE wanted to look into gameplay modes more akin to Warframe from years ago where mobility is decreased, so Warframe (the game) can more directly compete against other "more normal" looter shooters, I'd be interested, but that is not what Necramechs bring to the table.

I'm even going to throw Archwing in here: It could've been more fun, but the movement mechanics lacking the feel of momentum, the lack-luster abilities, the space missions where you are generally either given fast-moving Archwings on a map where the corridors and corners are too tight to really appreciate the speed, or a mission where you defend something made of paper, meaning either pick Amesha or nuke everything, makes it feel like a mediocre mini-game, especially when compared to actual Warframe.

The big thing I really wonder about, is why does DE keep using time and resources on brand new gameplay modes as mentioned above when their core game is excellent? I can't help but wonder how much the core of Warframe gameplay could have been diversified and expanded upon if time was spent on that instead. New mission types for our actual Warframes, more story development, more bosses, raids, more diverse enemies.
It could be for several reasons, but I only speculate:

• the data showing people want these new modes such as Necramechs, as they lose interest in "normal Warframe". I would argue expanding the core of the game would be a better solution to such a problem, but I don't have the data that could prove/disprove this.
  • this was the vision for the game, in which case there is no counter-argument: If someone wants to make a certain game, then it is understandable that they want to attempt to realize that vision, by implementing the game modes they had dreamt of
  • they have run out of ideas and don't know where to take the story either. Possibly, though looking at the creativity in this game, I really feel if the time and resources spent on RJ and Necramechs was put into the story and gameplay for the core game, we'd have more fun types of missions for actual Warframes.

I really enjoy the core gameplay of Warframe. For me the core gameplay is the standout, worthy of being a stand-alone. I would play this game if it was just core Warframe. I have played this game basically for core Warframe. I would much rather see core Warframe being expanded upon, than have what is essentially lesser mini-games getting dev attention.

3 hours ago, Vaml77 said:

Positive? Where are here to give feedback!

In General Discussion.

Right.

I'm just pointing out that not everyone in this thread dislikes the new additions, so saying "DE needs to read this thread" as if it will somehow give them workable info is an exercise in futility.

I did enjoy space skirmish battles with Railjack and Necramechs were fun, but the vault farming was the worst experience I had, with bugs being the big issue because sometimes they'd just break the mission and interactions with Necramechs. Overall I think both features lacked more ingredients to it, I was expecting some BIG space combat and more speed with something that maybe modular Archwings could achieve, like hundreds of enemies and the infamous "squad-link" they attempted at scarlet spear.

Scott mentioned something about the AI being the problem in all that, to have multiple AIs in a split mission could have some downsides, so maybe that's why they limited the design so much compared to our expectations.

I think they did a good job with this update, but the satus-quo of what they showcased back in that Tennocon are lightyears away from now. Hopefully they'll hit the nail with some time, maybe an AI revisit is what Warframe needs right now.

Honestly I feel that seeing necramechs railjack and warframes separately is what helps set people up for enjoyment. seeing them as cool stuff that you get with the ninja stuff is going to get you more invested. Personally I enjoy them as I get to have a space ninja game (Something I like), a mech game (Something I like and dont have), and a space battle game (once again something I'd like but dont have). 

asking why you'd use something over another thing is what takes away from the fun.
asking whether you wanna be a ninja or a unstoppable juggernaut is what doesnt take away from the fun.

Tying the different parts together is so that you dont have 3 isolated things is what they are attempting to do as having no reason to do somehting takes away from the fun.

think of it as a 3 in one package with 3 different types of gameplay (Ninja, Mech, Spaceship)

Anyways, I love mechs as I am a MASSIVE mech fan and seeing mechs added to this game was like a present I didnt ever expect to get and then got. I enjoyed railjack because of the spacebattles being good enough for me. when I stopped having a reson to be using things (Done everythign I want to) I stopped using them. not because I dislike them this is why I cant wait for mehcs to come to all missions as it would give me endless ammounts of reasons to use and if it ever got old for me I have spaceships or ninjas and I guess 

Spoiler

Operators, although the higher the difficulty the less effective they are. even for my operator which is set up for use in higher level missions (Kuva flood, Tier 3 sortie, Steel path is too much though).

2 hours ago, Doom_Gaming said:

and a space battle game (once again something I'd like but dont have). 

If you're interested in this sort of thing, I'd recommend Angels Fall First. It's essentially Railjack mixed with the old Battlefront games and expanded into its own game. It's not got a dedicated campaign, but there is full bot support for all of the maps.

WARNING spoilers!

Although the core game play got me hooked, I see this game as an ever evolving RPG, yes I am weird that way. With it comes acquiring tools to win the war as the story moves along. But development says no to this notion. Some thoughts regardless of the timeline they were introduced. 

Railjack

• It is quite new, but if it went online together with our warframes, It will be an integral part necessary for a space faring ninja. Our stationary orbiters is already attached to an imaginary vessel from the start. So, I consider it to be with us all along. DE is meshing it one planetary system at a time, some with regular tile sets too. If this is how WF should have been in the first place, Id imagine I will still be hooked by it. IF planets was peeled off by us one node after another using our RJ,  we will not have this moaning for old tile sets messing up players need for more space battles. Interplanetary jumps will involve some space action by default if plots allowed it.
  • Game play. We are not there yet and at a snail's pace too with the retrofit. DE will be hard pressed to make RJ warframe worthy. The coming months will decide its fate. I prefer and like it this way, Corpus RJ is ok, at least as far as "AI count" allows it 😆. Plexus works and Command Intrinsic + NPC AI is passable. But the first ever released version worked too until they nerfed enemies. It killed co-op play and hand it over to spamming Tether. To be blunt, this retrofit is a business decision at best.

Necramech

fm. Wiki

"Look, you were the second wave, kid. The Necramechs were Void-shielded, Sentient-pulse immune... as bright as a bag of hammers and just as dependable. Not like you.

—Father"

• Also late in the party, it is odd to have it after having godly WFs. I accepted the sudden need for a Sentient-pulse immune relic armament. But Orphixes are suppose to be dropships designed to deploy an army. Now we have them confined to indoor tile sets like portals. Because of that, we have hulking NMs indoor too, when clearly both should be outside in open space. Here we are deploying our Voidrig's long range #4 to hit an eye a few feet away. Again, we compromise as there is a clamour for mechs everywhere.
  • Do I want it? Hell yeah! I am a nut for mechs, from front mission, mech commander, mechwarrior series to MW online. Our NMs are awesome in open worlds. Not as a tool for Orphix Venom though, specifically for the two RJ tile sets we have. I used to want them to be deployed anywhere, but after I experienced how clunky indoor NMs feels like, not so sure anymore.

Nothing DE does will make me enjoy Railjack. It's impossible. I didn't sign on for EVE online, Startrek, none of that nonsense. The game is literally called WARFRAME and we get further and further from Warframes with every major content release.

Plus, god forbid they release something with RJ and it give decent rewards, endo, experience, etc - oh wait, they do, but as soon as they realize people ENJOY the content they released it gets patched/nerfed and called a bug. 

I have no opinion on the necros, but I would be okay if RJ disappeared from the game. Find another way to make the game interesting, keep me in my Warframes though.

1 hour ago, x_Zenith said:

Plus, god forbid they release something with RJ and it give decent rewards, endo, experience, etc - oh wait, they do, but as soon as they realize people ENJOY the content they released it gets patched/nerfed and called a bug. 

If the rewards determine whether you enjoyed it, then you weren't enjoying the content either way.

1 hour ago, x_Zenith said:

The game is literally called WARFRAME and we get further and further from Warframes with every major content release.

I suppose every part of Railjack that isn't manning a station just doesn't exist now. No ship interiors, no boarding actions, no sub-objectives... I also suppose that you don't use weapons at all (after all, they aren't Warframes, right?).

Also, just going to point out that Warframe has always been a game that branches out in new directions, and has benefitted greatly from doing so. Disliking new additions just because they aren't the game's namesake strikes me as being rather foolish.

17 hours ago, Corvid said:

If you're interested in this sort of thing, I'd recommend Angels Fall First. It's essentially Railjack mixed with the old Battlefront games and expanded into its own game. It's not got a dedicated campaign, but there is full bot support for all of the maps.

Angels Fall First was pretty much what I expected out of Railjack, funnily enough. Cept with the power fantasy that Warframe brings. Though I'd kill for a Grineer vs Corpus Battlefront game, since both factions have so many unit types now that it's a shame that we don't see them duke it out.

---

I'm pretty receptive to additions to the Warframe Universe, since I'm a fan. As for the OP...

Railjack appeals to me because it's my favorite Warframe piloting a powerful space gunship, and I've invested time into making it as such. I await the day when my Railjack allows me to fight against an enemy fleet, with a game loop split between boarding actions and ship to ship combat (let us blow up crewships with our regular guns please, leave forward artillery for the real capital ships). 

Necramechs are cool because they're powerful, but clumsy, stompy war machines; specially with the well done sound effects and animations. They're powerful, but less flexible, both in gameplay and story. IMO they "fit" in with fighting larger enemies i.e. Thumpers, Profit Taker, but of course it can be cooler when a Warframe does it.

On 2021-03-28 at 9:51 AM, quxier said:

Are people really enjoy or want such things (robots and ships) from this game? Do you still love old ways (frame with weapons fighting personally) or do you prefer new things (RJ/mechs)?

I like them all, and I'm happy to have them all.  It doesn't have to be one thing or the other.  Railjack is really fun, and traditional Warframe combat is really fun, too.

On 2021-03-28 at 9:51 AM, quxier said:

I heard it's not perfect, like it's sometimes taxi to normal mission.

It sounds like you haven't even played it yet?  I'd definitely recommend doing that before forming an opinion.

6 hours ago, Corvid said:

I suppose every part of Railjack that isn't manning a station just doesn't exist now. No ship interiors, no boarding actions, no sub-objectives... I also suppose that you don't use weapons at all (after all, they aren't Warframes, right?).

Also, just going to point out that Warframe has always been a game that branches out in new directions, and has benefitted greatly from doing so. Disliking new additions just because they aren't the game's namesake strikes me as being rather foolish.

I think you are taking their post too literally. From the website:

They were called Tenno. Warriors of blade and gun: masters of the Warframe armor. Those that survived the old war were left drifting among the ruins. Now they are needed once more.

They mean by:

8 hours ago, x_Zenith said:

The game is literally called WARFRAME and we get further and further from Warframes with every major content release.

It was a game about Frames using weapons and other tools. Of course they have to transport someway but that wasn't main aspect of the game (once you unlocked planet's junctions you could travel without your interaction).

There are many things that, as you said, branches, but most of them were made to work with frame. A Frame were main aspect of those things.

I only remember Archwings that takes control from Frames to Archwing. Even Operators can support Frames.

31 minutes ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

It sounds like you haven't even played it yet?  I'd definitely recommend doing that before forming an opinion.

I've played them but sadly I couldn't finish the mission. I've tried it in every major change, as fair I remember, but I haven't liked them enough to "push" through finishing any mission.

From my limited experience (solo player) they are too chaotic (I don't know why some stuffs happens), ship & guns are slow and I couldn't kill too much enemies (different levels than non-RJ counterparts).

2 minutes ago, quxier said:

From my limited experience (solo player) they are too chaotic (I don't know why some stuffs happens), ship & guns are slow and I couldn't kill too much enemies (different levels than non-RJ counterparts).

Yeah it's challenging as a solo experience.  I've heard that the Command Intrinsic makes solo work well, but since you have to play Railjack to earn the Intrinsics to use for Command...well, it's definitely a catch-22 scenario.  Which doesn't provide for the smoothest transition to this new game type unfortunately. :(

Railjack: Love it, could use some major improvments, but overall i enjoy it and think it should be in the game.

Necramechs: I cannot convay to you how much i hate these things, rock-em cornbots does not fit the theme of warframe at all, and if it were up to me i would completely get rid of necramechs and replace them with something else like operator melee or something.

26 minutes ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

Yeah it's challenging as a solo experience.  I've heard that the Command Intrinsic makes solo work well, but since you have to play Railjack to earn the Intrinsics to use for Command...well, it's definitely a catch-22 scenario.  Which doesn't provide for the smoothest transition to this new game type unfortunately. :(

I think the Crew AI is garbage, playing it solo is still rough even if you invest in having 3 crew members. Which makes solo play limited, if not impossible for a large portion of people. I mean it's a game, why would I want to try very hard for little rewards? (cause they keep getting so nerfed, how dare we have fun)

On 2021-03-28 at 6:51 PM, quxier said:

Before I started playing this game I have been looking for:

- free game

- nice combat (especially melee) & movement -> both not too hard but you could do a lot with them

- sci-fi or fantasy settings

- "cool" powers

- 1 man army (or at least something on micro-scale) - I wanted be some powerful being not control some ship or something

and probably some more.

After last updates I can see how they (DE) wants to push Mechs and Railjack. For me it seems weird.

I'm ok when a game has some other stuffs that you can play with. Amps & void magic can be used rarely (e.g. resetting Sentient immunity). Fishing/mining/conservations are not great but you still doing personally not commanding other people to do it (well you can... but that's fine because it's alternatives).

However Mechs & RJ are very different than what was WF some times ago. Mechs are not mobile like some frames and don't have "cool powers". On other hand RJ is "you commanding your ship" and doing many different things. I heard it's not perfect, like it's sometimes taxi to normal mission. From what I read people wanted "cool" battles with ships. That's opposite what I want to play.

Are people really enjoy or want such things (robots and ships) from this game? Do you still love old ways (frame with weapons fighting personally) or do you prefer new things (RJ/mechs)? For me this game changes into something very different I don't know why they wanted to change it that way. However, what's your opinion about this topic?

ps. of course lots of those things are optional but it can change with Tempestrarii's update.

I really like Railjack and Necramechs. Space battleships fights were the missing link in the game and I really hope they will enrich this part. Necramechs were an unexpected good surprise, they feel good and give more variety to gameplay.

After this premise, I really don't like the direction they are going with part of the new corpus missions, to be precise the "on ground" versions. Imo taking a mode we already have and slapping it into an asteroid in space you reach with RJ is a lame and lazy attempt to give new content.

There are plenty of opportunities to exploit in a space map and RJ should be the protagonist of the mission, not just a vehicle. Now of course if this is just 1 of the many approaches I can live with it, I always like variety, but when they told in stream they intend to give this treatment to every on ground mission.... it's just disappointing. 

Am 28.3.2021 um 19:05 schrieb Syln:

Necramech : It give me the feeling of using an unstoppable Juggernaut and i love it (even if there is a lot of room for improvement)

Railjack : I love spaceship battle and DE approach is interesting (lot's of things to improve too but still enjoyable as it is)

Having Warframe evolving in this direction is the best thing that could happen to it as far as i'am concerned.

What you say! I love the basic warframe gameplay but the way these two parts play out just suit it very well. Love it. 

Archived