Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mod (augments) Idea for tying warframes and weapons together.

Raven-XIII

So I had either a stroke of genius or... well just a stroke (I'll let you decide)

A set of augment mods for Exilus slots for both Warframes and Primaries/secondaries.

General augments to slot into any Warframe that work with a specific weapon.  Such as a mod that works with the Pyrana Prime and either gives it an alt fire button for summoning the spectral pyrana at the cost of energy, or one that adds warframe ability kills to the kill count for activating the guns ability.   Likewise, similar mods could be made for Trumna and its related weapons that either make the altfire work off energy or add warframe ability kills to charging the ability.

On the other side,

general augments to slot into any gun or gun of a given type that work with a specific warframe. Such as a mod to synergize with Nidus so that kills or crits or headshots with the weapon while used with Nidus have X% chance of spawning a maggot.  Maybe one that works with Khora that enemies damaged by the weapon are targeted by and take extra damage from Venari, maybe based on amount of status procs or something.

I just think it would be a fun way to add more depth to how players think about pairing warframes and their weapons and add a little to build diversity....  as well as maybe making exilus more desirable to use for those guns that aren't usually worth unlocking the slot for.

1 hour ago, Raven-XIII said:

A set of augment mods for Exilus slots for both Warframes and Primaries/secondaries.

You do realise we have a Mod Real Estate problem in this Game right ? 🤔

Either the Augment will be not worth it hence it won't get used or it will be so good it becomes the new Mandatory Mod....

Trying to come up with something that's perfectly balanced is almost Impossible....almost....

1 hour ago, Lutesque said:

You do realise we have a Mod Real Estate problem in this Game right ? 🤔

Either the Augment will be not worth it hence it won't get used or it will be so good it becomes the new Mandatory Mod....

Trying to come up with something that's perfectly balanced is almost Impossible....almost....

You aren't wrong.  But my thought is, if you have to tie two separate things together to use it, it should prevent it from being meta unless its fd up to the point you make the pairing meta. As it is, weapon exilus slots are almost ignored anyway.

besides, i still think the way around balancing and metas is to fight it with fun.  If everything gets balanced enough to at least be usable, fun things can override broken ones.  in your average mission id happily go out of my way to turn something into a maggot spam gun if they let me rather than the best possible TTK.

but you absolutely do have a point.  

I just stopped caring about actual balance a while ago, i think a good gimmick on something vaguely balanced is better than anything else and literally anything that would make guns more useful, or at least interesting, helps at this point.

42 minutes ago, Raven-XIII said:

i think a good gimmick on something vaguely balanced is better than anything else and literally anything that would make guns more useful, or at least interesting, helps at this point.

For me only things that can do that are fire rate and reload speed sometimes magazine capacity

If type of mods you describe would boost that for certain weapons i would be all in

But then again i see easy way to abusing the system making new metas anyway Lutesque mentioned

4 hours ago, Raven-XIII said:

I just stopped caring about actual balance a while ago, i think a good gimmick on something vaguely balanced is better than anything else and literally anything that would make guns more useful, or at least interesting, helps at this point

Well.... I will take a good gimmick over a generic Buff any day... And if I get punished for it il just Cry and Complain 😛 

Archived