Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe 40K: The Corpus Heresy (Snippet)

Ced23Ric

His voice resonated from every wall of the Dojo's hall, booming.

"ENOUGH, BROTHERS!"

The man rose from his throne, the ornate armour of his Excalibur Prime suit coated in the golden finery of artisans long passed away. His body and motions were perfection. With slow, but purposeful steps he descended down the flight of stairs leading up to his platform. Before him, the Rhino and the Ash stood, with heaving chests, their weapons crossed.

"This madness needs to stop, at once! I demand sanity, from both of you!", he snarled.

Reluctantly, the Rhino eased on the pressure, took a step back from the Ash he just had been towering over. The Ash hissed, and slid back, slowly sheathing his ether daggers. The Rhino flipped his Zorens, then relegated them to his hips. The two Tenno stared at each other, their muscles still tense, ready to strike.

"This ... rift does not help either of your cases - it only damages Tennokind. I will not let that happen. We will safe our brothers and sisters. It is the only way. Not a good one, but nothing ever is truly good in this conflict. We side with the Grineer today, we butcher them tomorrow. But we have to try to save our folk. We have to. Dismissed, Tenno. Back to your clans, and prepare them for war!"

The Rhino hesitated for a moment, then he nodded sharply and left the hall, with stomping steps. The Ash waited for a moment, until he spoke his gentle, whispering words.

"But ... exalted Prime ... should we not ... consider the rewards we could reap? The offering of the Corpus could help our own agenda..!"

"You heard me. My word will not be misconstrued. Your orders are to free the Tenno, not give in to greed or delusions. Suffer not the lies of the Merchant, Tenno." was the cold response.

The Ash left the hall, walking backwards for a good ten paces. Out of range, out of sight, he activated his Comm. Looking down the endless hallways of the Grand Dojo, out of earshot of the many servants, he finally spoke, with his thin voice.

"The Prime has spoken. We are to secure the assets of most importance. My Tenno ... we fight for the Corpus!"

Ultor is only just back in conflict, and already the Corpus-aligned Tenno would take a potato over other Tenno.

DE is rigging the event to make it seem more even with baiting rewards. I am not even going to judge that anymore. Also, a bit OT. ;)

I await more Cedric!

What is birthed in a moment of joy cannot be reigned in to pull the plough through a muddy field, Quinn. Someone started a thread, "smell like Horus heresy in here", and I replied with that. Just thought FanZone might like it.

• 2 weeks later...

What is birthed in a moment of joy cannot be reigned in to pull the plough through a muddy field, Quinn. Someone started a thread, "smell like Horus heresy in here", and I replied with that. Just thought FanZone might like it.

of course, good sir!

patience is something i will have when i want moar!