Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How the heck do you do Peregrine Axis solo?

TheStratovarian

Question

I have no trouble with the ship parts. But consistently this orphix mission just wants to make me throw my keyboard. MR 18 atm (19 is an awful mission test.)

I zip in, hit the wall, summon a 1 forma'd mauselium with a bonewidow for corrorosive +Crit/CDamage and try to focus down the orphix. 

I am quick on blasting the spawns, but the speed at which a single orphix just takes chip damage (often just taking a full clip and 15-20s as it chips down if not longer)

But the speed at which that single orphix just spirals to 30-40% is beyond insane. (None of the other orphix missions went anywhere near this speed.)

No issues surviving the damage, but that thing takes so little from charged shot and chipping it feels like im hitting a brick wall here, and its disheartening as I've loved railjack so far.

24 answers to this question

33 minutes ago, TheStratovarian said:

Rubedo Lined Barrel, Dual Rounds, Elec Barrel, Ven Clip,

Magma chamber, Combustion Rounds, Parralax Scope and Hallowed Bullets

Try putting in another forma and replacing Magma Chamber with Automatic Trigger.  Increases your burst DPS by 50% at 4*, which should give you much more damage output than 60% more Heat damage.

14 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Bajillion endo cost? Cmon man I can't even take that seriously, RJ rains endo for a start which OP is playing. And I already said forma the gun more than once. At least think before you post in disagreement sheesh.

That's 2/3....well done...

So let's just call it even 👍 okay ?

9 hours ago, (NSW)IronElemental said:

Just been sneakily reading this thread out of interest, but during the Orphix Venom event, i never once had any other numbers than 0 while firing my arquebex at orphixes. Grinding them down with mausolon was the way to go for me. I must have been doing something wrong. Aiming at the glowing center was a bad idea with arquebex?

More than likely just your angle. You pretty much had to be right in front to reliably hit, the Orphix eye was pretty squinty.

Good that I opened a thread last year for some improvements tipps.

Short summary:

• Use Voidrigs Arquabex to destroy the orphix 
  • Use the fluctus to destroy the crystal. (Punch trough allows you to hit things behind walls)
  • Use Hildryn fourth ability to gain energy. If you has access to helminth replace an ability with Proteas ability. 

Stop shooting the orphixes with your archgun, that's your problem right there. Use the exalted weapons, they do a bazillion times more damage than the archguns, and with Exalted Ironbride you can even just hit it anywhere. Voidrig's Arquebex does literally broken amounts of damage and eventually far outpaces what you can do with the Ironbride (including demolishing high level sentients through their damage reduction shenanigans), but for the first few orphixes it doesn't make a difference. And either way Bonewidow is still perfectly viable as a solo option since it has a lot less trouble staying alive at higher levels.

Mind the bugged range on the Ironbride, tho - as VoidArkhangel pointed out, if you're too close, it doesn't hit anything. This wasn't a problem during Orphix Venom but it looks like something broke at some point down the line.

1 hour ago, Lutesque said:

True... But the Mod itself is only a Year Old soooo.... It is possible he didn't even know about it.... What with Archguns being Obscure enough already...

Possibly. I think Baro's brought it twice to memory. Oh well he can buy one at Tennocon lol.

2 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

He's MR 18, he's been around long enough to get mods from Baro. So it's suprising he wouldn't have it.

2-1 is a win in most sports, jus sayin..

True... But the Mod itself is only a Year Old soooo.... It is possible he didn't even know about it.... What with Archguns being Obscure enough already...

Im just getting back in after about a 3-4 year hiatus. And thanks for the charge idea, will try it and see how it goes.

No primed ruby barrel sadly, one day im hoping. But why im loving the railjack stuff, as its a great way to have endo for whatever i need without the mess of other spots im lacking.

46 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

*Cough*.... Time Gated Mod... *Cough cough*... Bajillion Endo Cost.... *Cough cough cough" Mod Capacity !!

Bajillion endo cost? Cmon man I can't even take that seriously, RJ rains endo for a start which OP is playing. And I already said forma the gun more than once. At least think before you post in disagreement sheesh.

45 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

*cough* primed rubedo lined barrel *cough*

Yeah, I use the Primed version.  But since OP didn't mention it, I just assumed he never got one from Baro.  Automatic Trigger should be much easier to get, though.  I'm sitting on a pile and I'm very sure I never intentionally farmed for it...

18 minutes ago, MqToasty said:

Try putting in another forma and replacing Magma Chamber with Automatic Trigger.  Increases your burst DPS by 50% at 4*, which should give you much more damage output than 60% more Heat damage.

39 minutes ago, TheStratovarian said:

it gives me a 100% crit for a chunk on secondary, but while the secondary chunks it good, its more the speed of getting the other kills when its batalystss generally for a 2nd shot to kill fast. 

And if i miss the shot, or get the orphix with a bad angle for the charge shot, and the outside armor eats it. the speed it goes up with just 1 seems a gg and abandon with this.

*cough* primed rubedo lined barrel *cough*

1 hour ago, MqToasty said:

How did you mod your Mausolon? 

it gives me a 100% crit for a chunk on secondary, but while the secondary chunks it good, its more the speed of getting the other kills when its batalystss generally for a 2nd shot to kill fast. 

And if i miss the shot, or get the orphix with a bad angle for the charge shot, and the outside armor eats it. the speed it goes up with just 1 seems a gg and abandon with this.

35 minutes ago, TheStratovarian said:

I have no trouble with the ship parts. But consistently this orphix mission just wants to make me throw my keyboard. MR 18 atm (19 is an awful mission test.)

I zip in, hit the wall, summon a 1 forma'd mauselium with a bonewidow for corrorosive +Crit/CDamage and try to focus down the orphix. 

I am quick on blasting the spawns, but the speed at which a single orphix just takes chip damage (often just taking a full clip and 15-20s as it chips down if not longer)

But the speed at which that single orphix just spirals to 30-40% is beyond insane. (None of the other orphix missions went anywhere near this speed.)

No issues surviving the damage, but that thing takes so little from charged shot and chipping it feels like im hitting a brick wall here, and its disheartening as I've loved railjack so far.

How did you mod your Mausolon?  Using a 3-forma Mausolon with an okay riven, I was able to solo that mission no problem.  Didn't even whip out my Arquebex.

hace 4 minutos, TheStratovarian dijo:

Use Voidrig, his Arquebex are better imo.

Also idk why but if you are using Bone's exalted and you get too close to the Orphix you will deal no damage.

Archived