Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is there anything you want to change in Warframe?

TheElderGamer

Better tenno both mechanically and visually. Real character creator with body morphing. Adult tenno please.

The changes to railjack skills aren't bad mostly. But still no auto cannons or drone swarms?  still no sudo gundam upgrade to archwings? Still no quantom burst transam ssj ability to railjack?

My gripes are pretty minor really.

Where do I even start?

I'd like it to be less grindy.

I'd like players to not 24/7 yeet themselves through every mission at max speed and appreciate the environments they are ignoring.

I'd like there to be no enemy levels so the game can be an actual challenge without just slapping on extra numbers.

I'd like to see that what I do has an actual effect on the universe I dive into, instead of being confronted with ye olde 'infinite replayability' respawn mechanic.

I know that this will never actually come true, but I still play this game and find enjoyment in doing so. Sure, I might not have maxed out my Mastery Rank, wield abilities like some futuristic magician, have optimally-designed builds or any equipment with more than 2 formas. But I have fun playing.

Most quests are good, especially if they hit the right spot or pull on a heart string. The story as a whole is one I can easily lose myself in, and few ever do.

2 minutes ago, Institute-Marksman said:

I'd like players to not 24/7 yeet themselves through every mission at max speed and appreciate the environments they are ignoring.

Not to be that guy, but even if the game wasn't obtusely grindy most people won't stop and smell the roses more than once or twice anyway.

"Been there done that" is kind of an omnipresent and unavoidable thing in all games so expecting players to look through environments solely for the sake of it multiple times is kind of...unrealistic.

Just now, Aldain said:

Not to be that guy, but even if the game wasn't obtusely grindy most people won't stop and smell the roses more than once or twice anyway.

"Been there done that" is kind of an omnipresent and unavoidable thing in all games so expecting players to look through environments solely for the sake of it multiple times is kind of...unrealistic.

Yeah, you currently are 'that guy'.

As I said, I know they are unrealistic expectations because I'm not a casual player and this game will never not be at least partially casual. But thats part of what makes it so great.

The game is call Warframe. Let me use the Warframe that I built and customize to complete missions not the Operator or the Necramech. 

Also the Mastery Tests disrespects the player time. No one should ever have to wait 24 hours to retry a test. It's an unreasonable design decision. Yes I am aware there is a practice mode, but players can still slip up and it will cost them the test and they have to wait 24 hours. Let me keep trying it until I'm done. Other wise I am going to be livid until the next time I try. 

22 minutes ago, Institute-Marksman said:

Yeah, you currently are 'that guy'.

I'm aware, but I only wanted to point that out because that's something that couldn't really be changed through changing Warframe, it would require changing the players to be feasible.

Don't mind me though, I'm currently running on like...3 hours of sleep over the past 3 days and my mental filter is in a different zip code.

Unified color palette and texture saturation.

Right now it's almost impossible to match colors, because half the stuff isn't the actual color you click on the palette.

Then you also have forced colors on a lot of frames, often time 'almost black', but in reality dark gray, that then forces you into having a gray warframe, if you want it to be single color.

Critical I'd would have assumed, in a game about microtransactions and cosmetics.

The problems spans from frame exclusive, to armor sets with different saturations - but forced to use the same color, to capes, to weapon skins.

So either stop making different base saturations or unlock the color palette and make everything customizable (which it should be anyway).

Some quality of life improvements I would like to see. 

- An auction house. Put up an item, set a price, play the game and stop spending hours in trade chat. 

- More voice work. Unlike many I actually LIKE Ordis. I would like him more if he had more to say but "is that a pun about a bloody battle with dumb Graneer" Let get all of the major repeatative NPC voice actors back into the booth and give us a little more variety. 

- Control over companions. At least "stop damage" control. How many missions have we had to start over because of a blood thirsty Carrier. 

- I would like to be able to change load outs during a mission. If not anytime during a mission at least while within a certain distance from load-in. How many times have you been force started into a mission and realized you had the wrong load out for that mission. "Gee I wish I had my Ivara for this spy mission!" 

- This one will be controversial and probably not considered and I totally understand why. I want the ability to kick people from the party. Not because they are bad but because you start a mission with your friend, have a specific goal, forget to go friends only, get half way through, and then a random joins and ruins the progress towards the goal by rushing or doing their own thing. Now when this happens both of us have to abandon and start over... Which is the same rejection of the guy who now finds himself alone in the mission as if he was kicked. If we could kick then we could finish the other half of the mission instead of having to start over. 

- I would like more sorting or filter features. Like filter by mod sets. So I can veiw all of the augers mods etc.. I know if you do it alphabetically you get similar results but all of the sets back to back would be useful. Sort by Favorites. Allow us to mark weapons or frames or mods as favorites and then only show those. Let us be able to default to that so we can easily switch between the stuff we use a lot and then if we want something unusual we can expand to all. 

- Combine the Orbiter with the Railjack. Let us "beam down" from the Railjack effectively allowing us to "live" in our rail jack. Give us more options to decorate and customize it. Let us truly have a "housing" system like so many games. 

- Give us the ability to add a Store, a Incubator, and a foundry in the dojo. If running back to back missions from the dojo it's annoying that you have to break up the group and load into your orbiter buy something from the store and then return to the group. 

Those are some things I would like changed in Warframe. 

On 2021-03-29 at 12:16 AM, Aldain said:

Exactly this.

There's no reason for any of the massive overkill we can reach, it just limits design options because accounting for them artificially brings the required floor up to the base level of that overkill, which DE obviously can't/shouldn't do because too much of the game can't even reach a fraction of that overkill.

Nothing scales even remotely in a linear fashion in Warframe, hell even the beginning and end of the Star Chart levels aren't even in the same bloody zip code as each other, add in all the multipliers they haphazardly threw into Steel Path and you're not even in the same GALAXY of expected damage output and player durability.

Obviously people will just take this as "make everything the same" or "nerf everything" but no, it isn't that, the math of the game itself has become unmanageable by even DE, hell they barely even try to balance the numbers anymore and it shows in so many of their recent updates.

Look back at the Wolf of Saturn Six for example, his math was so utterly screwed that he had THOUSANDS of times more eHP than anything else in the game, especially in groups of 4 where it only got worse. That was an attempt by DE to generate a "durable" boss, but all they wound up doing was making a slow dumb melee unit that walked towards a player while they put 100s of bullets into him with no threat...until they added 3 invincible mooks with nigh-instakill molotovs to even remotely make him a threat.

Look at Deimos, how many enemies are outright immune to Viral, another insane damage multiplier? The reason for that is so they don't INSTANTLY EXPLODE to the utterly bat$^#@ crazy power that players can access.

The current state of Warframe only comes in two flavors because of this, you either nuke everything in seconds, or turn it off completely with CC and ignore things until the arbitrary clock gives you your loot.

Is it solely the fault of the numbers? No, not at all, but the numbers are the landfill that is preventing all of the actual problems from being addressed.

What's everyone's honest opinion on the Glassmaker Boss Fight? It was designed so that anyone can clear it despite the gear they ran..........because it was locked out. 

What they can do to reign in the multipliers.

1.  Enemy armor shouldn't scale and remain flat. Armor level should be completely be determined by unit type with elite units sporting more. This will reign in the wild enemy eHP distribution between the high armored, low armored and unarmored, while indirectly lowering the value of Slash to be on par with everything else. 
  2.  Warframe armor mods should give flat values instead of scaling from a Warframe's base. This will reign in the wild Player eHP distribution, giving DE a good range for what enemy damage should be so Players are not stuck in the binary choice of being immortal or 1-shot.
  3. The resistances are backwards. Physical damage should have highest bonuses (75%), Base elements should have medium bonuses (50%) and Combined elements should have the lowest bonuses (25%-50%). This will help alleviate the weakness of IPS mods while getting rid of the multiplicative efficiency of combined elements with Viral being the biggest offender. Right now, the IPS of a weapon doesn't matter at all when most of your up front damage comes from Elemental except for getting Slash procs.
  4. Headshot multiplier and Crit multiplier shouldn't be separate things that are multiplicative with each other. Headshots should simply have a flat +100% Crit Chance. This will alleviate the gulf between Status weapons Vs Crit weapons.
  5. The Crit Multiplier should be additive with Base Damage along with Viral procs. A 4x multiplier would be equivocal to +400% Damage additive with Serration's +165%. Viral's +425% Damage should be additive with Serration's +165%. With this, Serration won't be a mandatory mod anymore.
  6. The utility status procs need to have utility on par with Warframe powers or Operator schools to be compelling choices over more damage especially with the addition of Helminth system

Gas: On proc, a gas cloud is produced which blinds all enemies within 3m and deals gas damage. (alternative to Radial Blind)

Blast: On proc, enemy is knocked down and has a 100% chance to drop energy orb on death. (alternative to Zenurik)

Magnetic: On proc, pulls enemies and drops towards afflicted target within 8m for 2 seconds. (alternative to Ensnare)

1 minute ago, DealerOfAbsolutes said:

What's everyone's honest opinion on the Glassmaker Boss Fight?

I don't have anything against it in terms of design actually, it's kind of a Zelda/Mario boss in a way and I can appreciate the idea it presented.

But the problem of it is the reverse of The Wolf of Saturn Six, rather than forcing a very narrow meta to accommodate for the hysterically bloated DR values, it negates anything and everything that caused that problem in the first place.

Both of them are extremes, one leaning into the obtuse power creep, and one trying to ignore/negate it by disabling it entirely, which only served to outline the problems of Warframe's balancing even further in my eyes.

The average power gap of Warframe is ludicrous and the frankly disgusting amount of pointless overkill we can easily attain only makes content design that much harder.

What are you missing in Warframe?

From innovations in appearance to changes in game mechanics. It would be cool if you tried to insert this into the current gameplay.

Criticism is welcome. Hope that reasonable.

By the way. Greetings to those who would like to repeat their comments in a clearer and more structured manner.

P.S.: It is me again. Hope you're having fun here. As you can see, I started this topic with a question in order to collect more opinions. Well, or more structured past from this topic

On the 1st wave everything will be chaotic. I also think about how to properly compose the questions so that they look normal and "thematically neutral". I think something will work out. We’ll see there.

14 minutes ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

Revenant. No excuse for the “Eidolon Warframe” to have a vampire theme. It’s like having a DBZ video game and giving Goku a sword over the Kamehameha.

also adding the fact we already *HAVE* such warframe, garuda, anyways makes this comment even more worth thinking about tbh...

I would like to see a big balance pass where all weapons are buffed, and all weapon mods are nerfed. I think this would introduce much more variety in modding.

Basically, start with the damage your favorite weapon currently does with a maxed base damage mod. Buff the base weapon damage to 70% of this number, and reduce the base damage mod to a 30% increase (so the same total damage is still achieved). This would make me actually consider swapping some "mandatory" mods for the QOL mods. Do I really need 30% more damage per shot? Or is it better to increase my magazine capacity / reload speed? Min-maxers would still make dps calculations and come out with a "best" mod setup, but I think it leaves a lot more room for people to build weapons to make them feel good to use without totally nerfing their damage potential (as in the current system). 

Of course, this has downsides, and serious implications for the balance of the new player experience. I don't expect DE will ever go for something like this - too much work! Nevertheless, it's what I would want in a perfect world :)

I think I've reached the acceptance phase. It's either that, or apathy, lol.

So my wishes are for the playerbase and the game's health.

Basically the things people have been talking about 472 time a day for the last 3 years.

Off the top of my head, lore content, end-game, cleaning up combat - both mechnically and all the stats, mods, abilities, weapons and so on, that are pointless, weak or broken. Status effects, a baseline for game difficulty and all that. Unpopular frames need an overhaul.

Decrease grinds, 5 forma weapons, lich, needing to grind out 2 entire planets for xaku etc. goodbye.

For cosmetics, we still don't have the basic ability to do something as simply as match colors, we need unified textures and/or an unlocked color palette, so if the developers can't match the colors, at least we can do it ourselves.

Also, cosmetic items that aren't spiked spikes on spiking spikes. Regular samurai items, no skinny jeans capes or assymetrical shapes cut into pieces. Normal hoodie monk robe largest selling item in warframe history in 9 hours flat and you know it.

Let the pvp community come together with a suggestion how to do pvp.

Take railjack, and throw everything you have so far, right out the window. Start every morning walking into the office by playing your own 2018 trailer with railjack as seamless.

Start by making railjack the player's base. Could also just made added the turrets to orbiter and used that, I really have no idea, how it's even possible to forget one's own concept.

I guess you could go on all day, but it's basically the same things people have been saying over and over and over, it should not be a surprise to anyone by now.

I wish that warframes had more variety in design and abilities. All we have are casters. I want one that turns into a beast, or is significantly larger than the rest with unique abilities that maybe summon a giant sword or spawn turrets, or even a shield that actually blocks. Everything for me has started to feel too Samey. 

I would also really like less reliance on the open worlds. As cool as they are, everything that has released since then has required a massive grind wall that forces you to play on the open world maps, instead of making you want to actually go there.  

The first change I'd like to that comes to mind is the ability to choose if you want syndicate operatives to spawn in your solo syndicate mission or not. I usually like to take my time and stealth around to find the medallions. Its not enough to be able to just tell the operatives to stay in place. 9 out of 10 times enemies are nearby upon starting missions and they just instantly start shooting off at enemy ai before you even fully load into the mission. I just find it annoying and would rather just not have them exist, period, than them spawning in and telling them to shut up and sit in the corner for the rest of the session. This is just a petty thing but it honestly bothers me more than it should.

Next thing I'd probably change is how formaing and gaining experience for gear goes. As of now it takes a lot longer to rerank gear up. Especially if you aren't using an affinity booster and hoping your kavat gives you the 2x buff...some day. For people wanting to get the extra ranks in their special weapons like lich weapons, paracesis, or your necramechs or just slapping a ton of forma onto something....or if you're crazy enough several hundred to thousand forma warframes, 5+ forma is a lot to put into it. I feel that the more forma you put into it, the less xp should be needed to rerank items back up to max before you stick another forma into it. Each successive forma should decrease the amount of xp needed to hit max rank. You'd think adding more things to an item would basically make it easier to use or something in that case, thus would make "readjusting" it IE: xp gaining it would become faster because you put all these things in it that makes it more prestige'd as other things would call it? After a certain amount much like rivens requiring more kuva to reroll, there'd be a certain cap to the decreased time each successive forma would grant? By the cap it wouldn't be a lot, but enough that it makes enough of a difference it saves some time on farming the xp out.

A few things but nothing to major I feel. To keep the list simple even though the solutions probably isn't:

1. Opt out of host. Not just for Railjack but for every mission. I'm spending more time canceling queue or reloading Fortuna than I'm playing actual missions.

2. A menu similar to the invert tap/hold options for abilities. However the new menu would be a list of every ability that affects allies with a way to disable it from affecting us. 

• An example, I want Wisp's Vitality motes to affect me, but I don't want Haste or Shock. 

Sure more examples could be provided for the 2nd statement but you can get the idea.

3. This could go in a couple ways. Either stop syndicate sigils from gaining standing and let people select an "active" syndicate to gain standing for. Better yet, get rid of the friend/enemy aspect and let us be friends with all. I'm positive with the 6 syndicates (3 at rank 4 and 3 of them at rank 5), would love to get all to maxed.

4. From a fashion stand point. Color helmets separately from body to balance at texture difference from mix/matching. Also let us move armor around, some armor looks horrendous on certain skins or animations. 

5. No more bundle exclusives... one day I hope this happens. After all the time I've been playing, I still refuse to spend 516p for 1 piece of armor in Hunhow's Gift. 

Riven Mods RNG. This system of multi layer RNG crap is the reason why Riven Mods failed to succeed it's main objective as a way to lessening the gap between off meta and meta weapons. How can you get your favorite trash weapon to be viable with this unfair RNG system? You either be extremely lucky or have a lot of platinum in your pocket.

No reward system in Warframe has ever reached this level of RNG ridiculousness except Riven Mods and that is a fact.

Archived