Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gauss augment idea

LockingSoul

First of all, if this does not belong in this section let me knoe and i will move it.

Second of all, this probably has been suggested a million times, so, sorry.

Gauss augment idea: Mach Runner (or something like that.) 

Gives gauss 200% more control over mach run.

Sprint speed/mach run speed escalates with battery level.

Thought about this for a long time, and recently found out about an old post of someone who got a bug that let him control mach Rush fully.

So, why not make it an actual feature?

2 hours ago, LockingSoul said:

You can turn.

That is something that should already be in the ability. 

Two augment ideas:

Enemies that Gauss runs over are disarmed

Gauss' speed causes any enemy near him to suffer heat damage and proc. Each enemy hit while running multiplies the damage by X. Stopping Mach Rush resets the bonus

16 hours ago, LockingSoul said:

First of all, if this does not belong in this section let me knoe and i will move it.

Second of all, this probably has been suggested a million times, so, sorry.

Gauss augment idea: Mach Runner (or something like that.) 

Gives gauss 200% more control over mach run.

Sprint speed/mach run speed escalates with battery level.

Thought about this for a long time, and recently found out about an old post of someone who got a bug that let him control mach Rush fully.

So, why not make it an actual feature?

Well for starters, it’s hard to turn due to the moment. It’s called a rush for a reason. Adding the ability to turn would make it superior to volt speed. And defy the name Mach rush.

My suggestion is adding the ability to run across the walls cause as someone who has ran with a lot of momentum, I was able to run very far across walls. Running straight into them would cause the impact explosion while running into them at an angle would cause a wall run. 

The other option is the ability to hold out a melee and deal melee damage to the enemies you run into. Dual melees with be a better option for being able to hit enemies on both sides of Gauss. Running with such momentum makes it hard to swing. However the momentum behind your blades would still be high. So Gauss would be able to do an increase amount of melee damage. But only if you have a melee equipped to Gauss. 

Those are my suggestions to be added to the ability or made into an augment mod. But granting the ability to defy the laws of momentum and making it too similar to volt speed, I just don’t see it ever happening. 

8 hours ago, Lutesque said:

🤔... I was hoping for something more if it's going to cost me a Slot..

Like running across walls and dealing melee damage if a melee is equipped? Be hard to swing a melee, however all that momentum would put a lot of power behind the melee when Gauss runs through enemies. Dual melee could allow for wider radius to hit enemies on both sides of Gauss as he rushes. Dealing a lot of damage. 

This is coming from a guy who ran a lot. I ran so much I couldn’t breath for 30 seconds. I know what I can and can’t sue while running with such momentum. I was capable of grabbing someone weighing 300-400 pounds and throw them like 20 feet. All that momentum being applied to them. Imagine if I rushed like that with a sword or hammer. Boy. Now take Gauss who is like 20x times faster than a human. 😵

12 hours ago, (PSN)LoisGordils said:

That is something that should already be in the ability. 

Nope. That’s not how rushing works. Gauss is running with lots of momentum. In real life, running with such momentum can make you go really fast, hard for anybody to stop, trust me I picked up a 3-400 pound adult while I was 11, and very difficult to turn. That’s basically the laws of momentum. 

So no, turning should not automatically be a part of the ability. Plus it would make him too similar to volt speed. 

En 30/3/2021 a las 5:12, (PSN)chris1pat8twins dijo:

Nope. That’s not how rushing works. Gauss is running with lots of momentum. In real life, running with such momentum can make you go really fast, hard for anybody to stop, trust me I picked up a 3-400 pound adult while I was 11, and very difficult to turn. That’s basically the laws of momentum. 

So no, turning should not automatically be a part of the ability. Plus it would make him too similar to volt speed. 

Are we really comparing real life physics here? On warframe?

43 minutes ago, LockingSoul said:

Are we really comparing real life physics here? O  warfram?

That’s part of how many of the ideas and rules are applied. Gauss literally cannot turn very well during a mock rush cause it is literally based on the laws of physics and momentum when running at high/full speeds. 

Had they made him capable of turning like he is the flash, he would be too similar to Volt Speed. 

And it’s part of how they based the enemy weaknesses to certain elements.  

En 30/3/2021 a las 5:12, (PSN)chris1pat8twins dijo:

And also, Volt not only is way faster, he also gives a boost to everyone near him and is known as the an Electricity frame.

Gauss has been catalogued as a fast frame, but not only is his mach run outrun by every warframe ability that lets you charge forward, is also outmaneuvered by volt and everyone near him and also outclassed by normal movement when it comes to closed spaces

En 29/3/2021 a las 20:50, Lutesque dijo:

🤔... I was hoping for something more if it's going to cost me a Slot..

And on this, i thought it perhaps could be an exilus or something. Its nor that much of a crazy idea considering that Mesa's Waltz is also an exilus mod.

And also, and this is the part that i really think would be great, but aparently everyone overlooked, is making his speed escalate with battery level.

Because for some reason the only way to make his mach run be faster is by equipping the 3/4 mods in this gane that make you sprint faster.

4 hours ago, LockingSoul said:

And also, Volt not only is way faster, he also gives a boost to everyone near him and is known as the an Electricity frame.

Gauss has been catalogued as a fast frame, but not only is his mach run outrun by every warframe ability that lets you charge forward, is also outmaneuvered by volt and everyone near him and also outclassed by normal movement when it comes to closed spaces

Yeah, no. Mach Rush itself is faster. I’ve even used my Nidus to nearly triple a maxed power strength Volt and it still barely kept up with Mach Rush. 

And second, it is a first ability not a second ability. It was meant to be a rush, not a speed boost. Like an endless charge. And when you are charging at such speeds, it is difficult to turn.

You are not debunking the facts. You’re trying to make excuses for why a rush should be turned into just another speed boost. And the suggestions would make it too OP to be a first ability and ruin the name. 

hace 2 horas, (PSN)chris1pat8twins dijo:

Yeah, no. Mach Rush itself is faster. I’ve even used my Nidus to nearly triple a maxed power strength Volt and it still barely kept up with Mach Rush. 

And second, it is a first ability not a second ability. It was meant to be a rush, not a speed boost. Like an endless charge. And when you are charging at such speeds, it is difficult to turn.

You are not debunking the facts. You’re trying to make excuses for why a rush should be turned into just another speed boost. And the suggestions would make it too OP to be a first ability and ruin the name. 

No, mach run is not faster than volt. It has been shown multiple times, a good strenght build Volt is way faster than gauss.

hace 2 horas, (PSN)chris1pat8twins dijo:

And, there are no facts here. You are trying to bring real life physics into a game where literal magic exist and use that as a point.

Second of all, so no augments can change the way an ability works in the slightest because then it would "Ruin the name"? Dont you think that is a little dumb and boring?

And third, how is being locked in an animation OP.  

4 hours ago, LockingSoul said:

And, there are no facts here. You are trying to bring real life physics into a game where literal magic exist and use that as a point.

Second of all, so no augments can change the way an ability works in the slightest because then it would "Ruin the name"? Dont you think that is a little dumb and boring?

And third, how is being locked in an animation OP.  

Not really “locked” unless you’re talking about a bug/glitch. 

I didn’t say any augment. I said giving the ability to make sharp turns wouldn’t ruin the name. Cause it would no longer be a rush. 

And there are facts. Just not the ones you accept. They based the ability on laws of physics and momentum which running/charging at such high speeds and momentum that it is difficult to turn. 

It would be OP for a first ability to allow someone to run at such high speeds with less energy and no need for power strength. Power strength is not needed for Mach Rush. Just duration and efficiency. 

People tend to hate volt speed and would prefer gauss’s Mach rush. And again, I made a maxed out strength build and raced against a Gauss in the plains of eidolon. Gauss was faster. The only advantage volt speed has over Gauss is the ability to turn and parkour, and boost other allies. Which again is a second ability. 

You can argue all you want. But Being able to make sharp turns is not a must or “should” for Mach Rush. Running across walls, holding out melees to deal enhance single attacks is something that can easily be implemented as an augment without changing what Mach Rush is. 

It is a rush, not a speed boost, and not a charge. Me using real life explanations doesn’t invalidate what I said. Cause if that was the case then they might as well make ember freeze enemies with her fire. Since real life shouldn’t be applied to a game, despite most of the concept coming from real life people and based off of real life things. 

hace 10 horas, (PSN)chris1pat8twins dijo:

Not really “locked” unless you’re talking about a bug/glitch. 

I didn’t say any augment. I said giving the ability to make sharp turns wouldn’t ruin the name. Cause it would no longer be a rush. 

And there are facts. Just not the ones you accept. They based the ability on laws of physics and momentum which running/charging at such high speeds and momentum that it is difficult to turn. 

It would be OP for a first ability to allow someone to run at such high speeds with less energy and no need for power strength. Power strength is not needed for Mach Rush. Just duration and efficiency. 

People tend to hate volt speed and would prefer gauss’s Mach rush. And again, I made a maxed out strength build and raced against a Gauss in the plains of eidolon. Gauss was faster. The only advantage volt speed has over Gauss is the ability to turn and parkour, and boost other allies. Which again is a second ability. 

You can argue all you want. But Being able to make sharp turns is not a must or “should” for Mach Rush. Running across walls, holding out melees to deal enhance single attacks is something that can easily be implemented as an augment without changing what Mach Rush is. 

It is a rush, not a speed boost, and not a charge. Me using real life explanations doesn’t invalidate what I said. Cause if that was the case then they might as well make ember freeze enemies with her fire. Since real life shouldn’t be applied to a game, despite most of the concept coming from real life people and based off of real life things. 

Sir in which case you are arguing with the wrong person. I was talking about making it an augment.

10 hours ago, LockingSoul said:

And yes, you  are locked in an animation while rushing. You cant attack, reload, crouch and can barely jump.

And I said that I can see being able to hold out a weapon that can’t be swung but the momentum of the rush will allow it to deal greater damage. Which having dual melee would be better since it would allow to hit from both sides. So a strong enough melee build could instantly kill enemies during Mach Rush.

And I also said that running across the walls would be possible too. Jumping would be difficult to pull of in real life. So I can see jumping launching you extremely far while also canceling the ability. 

Those 2 could be added either as standard or augment without changing the concept of the ability.

And using real life to explain basic abilities does not invalidate my statement. Cause again, if that was the case, then they might as well make fire freeze enemies. 

hace 3 minutos, (PSN)chris1pat8twins dijo:

And I said that I can see being able to hold out a weapon that can’t be swung but the momentum of the rush will allow it to deal greater damage. Which having dual melee would be better since it would allow to hit from both sides. So a strong enough melee build could instantly kill enemies during Mach Rush.

And I also said that running across the walls would be possible too. Jumping would be difficult to pull of in real life. So I can see jumping launching you extremely far while also canceling the ability. 

Those 2 could be added either as standard or augment without changing the concept of the ability.

And using real life to explain basic abilities does not invalidate my statement. Cause again, if that was the case, then they might as well make fire freeze enemies. 

Ngl ye those ideas are pretty nice nonetheless.

Also,  i was so picky that i actually checked the speeds.

And took the time volt and gauss took going from one side of the saloon simulacrum to the other. And a 2.50 sprint speed gauss was 0.30 seconds faster than a 176 strenght volt with 1.40 speed. 

My bet goes that the FoV makes gauss feel way faster than he is.

Also, in terms of pure straight line speed, zephyr and hydroid are the fastest.

15 hours ago, LockingSoul said:

And also i dont want this to turn back into a pointless argument.

If you dont like my idea for an augment share yours here. And try to think of a better name than mine.

All I was saying is that I don’t see DE making Mach Rush be able to turn better due to what they based it on. 

You may not know, but I’ve made the same concept multiple times for a couple of frames years ago. Explaining an ability where the frame enters into a sort of continuous charge rushing through enemies and knocking them out his way. Due to the momentum, it would be difficult to turn. I used the concept for a volcanic frame and a speed based frame of my own years ago before the idea of Gauss was even announced. Probably before his concept even existed at all. 

But dudes still tried to compare the ability to Volt Speed and I tried to explain to them that his was a rush. A continuous charge. Not a speed boost. Didn’t matter to them cause both involved moving super fast to get from one location to another quicker. 

But that was all I was saying. That the whole making sharper turns would make it too similar to Volt Speed and not a rush. However still being able to perform a jump that launches you extremely far but cancels the ability would make sense. Being able to run across walls if ran into at an angle. And being able to hold out melees and deal heavy damage to enemies charged through. All those would contribute towards the ability without changing the concept. They would simply add to the ability without changing its concept. 

So my basic point was I doubt DE would make a rush be able to make sharp turns but that there were others that could be added, maybe with slight catches. 

Archived